Mysterious GoD6 DH Bug

What changed in the patch? Depth diggers.

What cube items does GOD use?

Maybe a connection?

This is Wudi’s video about some of the abnormalities:

One of the comments says:
There’s a bug on god dh since the new patch. That if u hit a lag spike and didn’t see the momentum building up (even you’re using hungering arrow to proc momentum) and once you’re lagging is okay You kinda teleports throught the level and hit 1800000t in one click. Happened to me twice yesterday

1 Like

But Depth Diggers buffed HA before the change.

The builds on US leaderboards topping the GoD6 DH clears, don’t have enough resistance, damage or any kind of mass crowd control to make use of Squirt’s properly. I thought it was about Fate’s Lapse slowing time causing an effect akin to Missile Dampening but that doesn’t explain why they lack any kind of critical hit rating on their equipment.

That was my first thought, I just didn’t have Calamity to test it.

The point is, all of the following stuff has been fiddled with in the patch:

• Calamity
  • Depth Diggers
  • GoD Momentum (probably, due to #1)

Things rarely break by themselves, so it’s pretty safe to assume that one of these changes has introduced the favourite Blizz’ product - unintended interaction.

I did a quick test, couldn’t reproduce any insane results despite various fiddlings with Calamity.

This is probably what it is- some bug with Momentum. Maybe when you de-sync, the game starts looking at your move speed to determine your Momentum, which then gives you more Momentum, which gives you more move speed, etc. That might explain both the “teleport through the level” and the “hit 18000000t in one click”.

I think blizz knew about this and other bugs which caused our web armory profiles to throw error code 500s right after the patch went live. That way, we can’t see exploiter’s followers…

1 Like

Oooohh I get it now.

You guys are overthinking, first of all, think how a historic best record of 134 and 120s open a gr 144-146? Especially the 144 clear its impossible for his bd to clear a 13x let alone 3 min 144.

1 possible cause is low level clear some how registered as high level clear.

That the group exploit works only for GoD is a distinct possibility that should be tested.

150 has been cleared by the “R1” exploiter now. Did anyone by chance notice if he cleared any rifts in between, or did he jump straight from 146 to 150?

According to the bug report forum people are creating seasonal characters from scratch and they are getting stuff from their s24 vault. Plus all crafters started lvl 12, lol. With 600+ paragon.

Off-topic much? We’re talking about a GoD DH-related exploit here.

3 Likes

I dont know dude. Might be related?

1 Like

No, that bug has to do with botched s24 end on Asia/Korean servers. All exploit GoD clears are on NA/EU.

3 Likes

He did 148 first, then 150 just a few minutes later. Whatever he figured out how do to, he eventually figured out how to do it reliably.

Do we know that he went straight to 146 (from 134)? He could very well have done 135, 138, 141, 144 all in very short periods of time, before anybody noticed. I mean, he did 148, and then 150 within a couple of hours.

Which I don’t think can come from a de-sync. They’re unreliable at best. And I have very rarely de-synced in the game and am not sure what would cause one exactly when you need it to.

I’m thinkin’ de-sync is too unreliable to be a root cause unless something in the build can just make one happen. Seems unlikely to me.

Weird crap happens all the time, but most of the time we just keep moving and forget about it.

Back when I used to play 100% Hardcore, I kept having a bug where some combination of the Inna Mystic Allies and the elite Orbiter affix would cause me to keep taking damage continuously until I died. It would even happen while the game was paused: no damage from anything else, just from Orbiter, which would slowly tick down my life until I was dead. That was one of the things that got me to give up playing Hardcore altogether.

The pattern of this guy’s clears really seems to me like: first he notices the bug, then he figures out he can use it to clear absurdly high, then he figures out how to reproduce it. Hence the somewhat lower clears to begin with, escalating fairly quickly to 150.

4 Likes

It’s not broken. It’s a feature, duh.

The player could also have had a top clear of 134 solo, but zdps’d his way up to the mid/high 140s. If you have a PR of Gr20 solo, then play with a group who runs a GR120, you can then run a solo GR121-123.

His legendary gems are low, if he did 4 gr to 146, one of his gems would be 140s. His gems are 130s matching his augment level suggesting his farming tier is 13x at most.

Lets look at the 2k guy. His gr tier is 12x, he need to jump 20 tiers. If he climbed up even at 3 tiers per push, will reflect in his gem levels.

It looks to me, their tier is opened by others, not solo pushed up.