Unkillable Monsters?

Just met that immortal Lacuni Huntress 10 minutes ago, she has no heath bar, and keeps attacking me, and all I can do is running to waypoint, aaaaand… not in a rift, simple bounty

Doing Wizard, normal mode, on Legacy of Dreams and Disintigrate Deathwish + Etched

Previously some monsters would die and sometimes we couldn’t complete a bounty because of the monster that needs to be killed wouldn’t die… But at least the monster wouldn’t move… After the patch, now some of the monsters don’t die and follow and attack you… Especially after killing a greater rift guardian if there is a non dying monster, it attacks and prevents upgrade of the gems… And yes I’m playing WW Barb this season and mostly reappearing monsters that don’t die… But the question is when will it be solved ???

Had 2 immortal gravedigger ghost elite-adds in defiled crypt during bounties today. With non-seasonal barb.
In case this thread is still monitored. Seems to be still happening.

edit: same thing as described above. Nothing can target them (including ancients and follower) and they don’t take any damage.

Had this happen today in Tower of the Cursed Level 1.

Screenshot: imgur dot com/a/DCbjYvx

To post a link:

1. Upload your image or video to a free hosting website, like Imgur or YouTube.
  2. Paste the "Direct Link" to your image and/or video in your post. (See image below).

1. Select the link you just pasted and click the ˂/˃ button on the Reply Editor toolbar. (See image below).

1. Click Reply. (See image below).

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/AQIKfWw.gif

This thread is from December 2019.
The issue is covered by the stickied thread at the top of the forum…

First time I’ve seen an unkillable mob was today and now 3 times! Playing a Wizard. Can’t kill it and never times out - missed my gem upgrades - weird. Bugs are def on the rise in D3.

Are you doing anything about this Blizzard? I had this issue today on my seasonal HC barbarian, nearly killed me one unkillable mob (Lacuni huntress), luckily Nerves of steel saved me.

Its season 23, and i have the same bug playing solo Barb Rend/Whirlwind build in Nephalem and Greater Rifts (at least 4 different types of unkillable mobs). What to do, please ?

Lead the mob to the end of the next level and TP home. Then walk through the GR from the beginning, so you can upgrade your gems in peace.

It is a long-standing bug, so I wouldn’t expect anything to be “done” about it anytime soon.

2 Likes

Thanks ! i have already done this, but i thought Blizz is working on a Hotfix…Cordially yours.

Playing Witch Doctors I see this bug all the time. Especially with Locust Swarm. I have also seen this bug with a Barb using the Savage set this season, twice so far. Those happened when Battle Rage, Bloodshed blasts. It’s like you kill them so quickly they don’t know they are dead and become immortal. It isn’t a problem with the WD since they just hit on the pets while I do things. But the bombs can be a pain when you don’t expect them.

Not that I know of. This bug is not caused by just one thing and it has been around for years. I don’t think they have a good handle on what causes it exactly and how to fix it without breaking something else.

It is pretty rare, but if you are HC when it happens it can be scary.

I just bought the game yesterday. In my first time playing, I encountered this same Lacuni Huntress that keeps attacking but can’t be attacked.

Furthermore, I found a second Lacuni Huntress that is bugged and just running in place. So I have TWO bugged monsters on the same screen.

That’s not all. I went into a cave, came back outside, and the second bugged Lacuni was gone - good. Then I found the crane that lifts the treasure chest, and the second bugged Lacuni showed up again. The main one is still attacking me while the new one is running in place at the bottom of the crane.

I get that some bugs are hard to track down, but it can’t be THAT rare if I can encounter it during my first time playing the game. Also, if there is no fix for it, I would at least hope that Blizzard might implement a workaround, maybe a chat command that scans for monsters that can’t be attacked and then removes them. To not deal with an issue like this is pretty low for a company of this size IMHO.

Is there really still no workaround for this issue?

PS: I tried attaching a link (even using the instructions in this very post), but apparently I’m not allowed to.

After last patch, NONE of my lev70 chars do ANY damage at all from Torment X thru Torment XVI. Last char was(is) Wiz, using Typhon-Hydra set. Was(is) awesome but something struck me odd that didn’t seem right. Discovered that ALL of my primary, secondary, and the rest spells do NOT work at ALL…save for the Teleport, that worked just fine, but no Damage spells NOR any protection spells work. The ONLY ‘damage’ that was successful was per the Hydra buffs from the Typhon set. So, stripped all of my chars down to bare-nakedness, as it were, no equipment at all and no 3-cube-based spells…just absolutely naked…brrrr lol. Woulda figured that at least SOME spells would work. Yet still, not one spell working, although they animate as they should, all spells are ineffective…period! Tested yet one deeper way and started at Torment I and worked my up one T-level at a time, checking if all spells worked, as they should and indeed, they DID, albeit with each T-level up, the spells damage weakened (due to monsters getting beefier). But at the Torment X mark, all spells become absolutely null-n-void. I can use the Typhon-Hydra set but what’s the point playing Diablo: Stand and pop two Hydras – wait for them to kill all in front of them – then move up a few paces and pop another two Hydras, wait again for them to clear the path, then move a few more paces…rinse lather repeat. The air has been sucked out of the fun of playing Diablo…can only hope Blizzard developers know what’s going on and how to fix this horribly wrong issue.

None of what you wrote is a bug. It is user ignorance. Instead of blaming the game, why not, you know, learn how to play? Start by looking up builds, or for more basic help, read the game guide linked on the home page.

And this had already been explained to you in your other post, so I’m not sure why you can’t understand basic gameplay?

1 Like

Should not be all that hard to reproduce… I’m getting it about 5% of the time, after the rift guardian is dead and Ursi appears - so there is no way to finish the rift and no way to turn in. Whirlwind/Rend Barb.
September 2021

Slowly kite the unkillable mobs a long way away from Urshi, then run back to her. If you’ve kited them far enough away, they’ll fall behind and stop following. Then you can upgrade your gems, back to town, and hand in.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it about 4 times in the past 24 hours. Complete a greater rift, try to talk to Ursi, and some little nitpicky immortal monster will pick away at your health until you die before you can upgrade your gems and turn the quest in. Requires a restart to get out of the GR. September 2021.

No it doesn’t. In the post literally one above the one I’m replying to, I explained how to get your upgrades done.

2 Likes