Unhallowed Essence Multishot ... Running GR70's... I'm squishy!

It only drops for strength classes (barbarian, crusader).

You can get Stone Gauntlets as an off-class (i.e. non-smart-loot drop), but that will be pretty uncommon.

If you really want them for your cube, you are best off making a barb or sader.

a few ideas…

Helm - not bad, but ideally you want 6% CHC and 15% Multishot
Shoulders - roll armor for CDR

You have Fire Resistance on these - not Fire Damage - so roll the life per hit to Fire Damage % (20%)

Quiver - roll the VIT to 15% Multishot damage

Bow - your Yang’s rolled with nearly the lowest bonus damage (155%) so finding another one is a high priority - ideally 190% or higher.

Swap (as Varadia said as well) from Fan of Knives to Preparation-Invigoration for the extra 20 Discipline which will be a massive boost to your damage.

Swap Ambush to Steady Aim - SA will provide more consistent damage to mobs versus Ambush which drops off after only taking 25% of monster health.

Swap Stricken for Molten Wildebeast’s Gizzard - Stricken is most often employed in higher GR (100+) and the shield provided by the Gizzard gem will help you 1) keep up the squirt’s buff for your outgoing damage and 2) help you from taking that big slam from the squirt’s incoming damage debuff.

I would honestly roll one of the rings to 50% CHD, will actually be better for you to have 1 6% CHC and 1 50% CHD since your CHD is currently really low.

Any DPS stats you have rolled onto gear - try to get the max (like on your gloves try to get to 48-50% crit damage and to 15% MS damage on boots/helm)…

Paragon - since you are still under 800 and we can’t see what you’ve allocated, I’d recommend the following:

Offense:
Max out CHD, CHD and CDR and then remaining points into Attack Speed

Defense:
Max out AR, Armor, Life, then rest into Life per Second

Utility:
Max out RCR (big defensive boost with the Cap Crimson set), RCR, Life per Hit, rest into Gold Find

Core:
Max out Hatred and Movespeed, rest into Dexterity

Cube:
Replace Obsidian ring with one of these:
Visage of Gunes to get 50% damage reduction while Vengeance is active (should be always)
Magefist - for a 20% fire damage buff
Convention of Elements - up to a 2.25x damage boost (on fire cycle) - but this will only work this Season due to the Seasonal Theme for the Cube.
Elusive Ring - another damage reduction option (60% after vaulting) that only works this season…

Understand that Ancient/Primal is not always better - an ancient UE helm with Dex/Life%/MS is likely going to be WORSE than a regular helm with Dex/6%CHC/15%MS…

Finally, have fun with UE. It’s a dependable do all for everything except pushing high GR. You mentioned the Nats RF, but that requires really high paragon to be much good. For most, the Shadow’s Mantle (S6) build would be up next for pushing…

Happy pew pew’ing!

2 Likes

The 350 cursed chest was indeed a piece of cake. The first time I loaded the game to find it, it was there. I I stood in the top left corner and used multishot, and occasionally evasive fire to build hatred, and got 342. Then I reloaded the game over 120 times and got the chest again, stood against the wall directly in front of the chest and used evasive fire almost all the time, and got 394. Guardian complete.

From what I’m seeing, the main attack is impale, which is a ranged single shot. After spending so long with an AoE skill, it’d be weird switching to that. I think rapid shot LoD or natalya’s would be better suited for me. I’ve never done a LoD before so I’ll probably go that route.

2 Likes

The N6/M4 Hybrid is a fun 2nd build. It’s like bringing the heavy artillery to the DH

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Varadia-1555/hero/101335508

I played UE and Hybrid for a long time before I started running Shadow.

esoteric , trapped, zeis . use boar for pet and perfection talent and then use squirts in cube try to stay ranged did a gr 100 no problem

If squirts was in the cube, what were you wearing?

Flavor of Time, maybe?

I don’t know why you feel squishy at GR70.
I had done GR100 at sub-p700 with just one ancient (Yang bow) before.

If you use Squirt, you take 50 % more damage. I recommend to pair with Gizzard. Otherwise, use other amulet.

Sticken is useless at sub-GR100. Replace it with Gizzard.

If you still feel squishy, wear a Elusive ring.

My choice: Squirt+CoE+(SoJ/Elusive)+RoRG(cube); gems: Gizzard, Zei, BotT
See my build in EU realm: Diablo III
(Did GR100 in less than 10 min.)

1 Like

endless walk - travler and compas with coe

A lot of people just aren’t good as UE. Probably 99% of DH that try to push as UE don’t know how to stutterstep or have bad reaction time avoiding ranged attacks, standing in poison or frozen ground, frozen orb, etc. Theres basically zero room for error. Granted you pointed him to some alternative items to help him stay alive a bit easier.

Aside from trying to use alternative items that other people have suggested to you to help you stay alive a bit easier. UE just doesn’t have a lot of room for error. The build itself is extremely squishy. You need to move more, learn to stutterstep, and if you can see monsters on your screen than you’re presumably not at range enough. If you’re using Multishot Arsenal (Fire), try to pay attention to your rockets and see if they’re homing in on enemies you can’t see on screen. And fire in that direction. If you want/need you can try to move in slightly closer using force-move (in keybindings). And you need to have good reaction time and pay attention to everything on/off screen thats flying in your direction. Biggest trouble I imagine you’re having is Lacuni Huntresses, Poison Enchanted n Clouds, Frozen Ground, Frozen Orb, Moon Clan Impalers. A lot of the ranged attacks from Vile Temptresses / Vile Witches, Fire Imps / Shamans / Ghouls should mostly be slow moving and avoidable. Watch some videos of high level UE pushes to get an idea what I mean about stutterstepping and being able to attack/move practically at the same time.

Sorry for the wall of text. lol

Which means you were missing out on the 225% damage bonus of Focus + Restraint.

Played both don’t see a huge difference

right i will try and help a little more. UE is pretty much all I play and the moment. At paragon 800 you should be up around GR100 with UE. The Set takes a little skill, but easy to get the hang off it. Keep moving and stayat optimum distance.

For me the use of obsidian ring instead of COE is daft and should be changed back.
Your multishot skill should be changed to arsenal and not full broadside. Your companion is wrong at no time would you want boar, choosing wolf is the optimum companion for UE.
Swap Steady Aim to awareness, this gives you the added chance of escaping death every 60 seconds. the use of Zeis stone gem already gives you ample bonus to enemy damage, more survivabilty is key.
For your shoulders I personally would reroll the CD and change it to Area damage bonus.
You need to re-roll your head piece for 6 % added Crit and not multi-shot. Your wraps of clarity you have lightning damage bonus. this is useless , re-roll that to fire damage bonus. Both of your rings are missing a key Crit bonus, 12 % in total, this is a huge loss. Keep looking for better.
Re-roll your legs to armour, mush better MHO.
Your deadmans legacy i would rather myself see again +20/4 % area damage instead of multishot, also you are missing 12 Discipline as a second stat .Yangs recurve unfortunatly has the stats but is not the best. your multishot attack bonus is low at 155% 180% and above would make a massive increase to damage output.
there are a few tweeks you can do to better increase your survivabilty and damage output.
PLaying UE if you are not moving you are dying. its a fun build and once you have the knack for it, clearing GRs around the 100 mark in 2-3 minutes is easily done with practice and a bit of patience.

Also my Character is on the europe Site and I am a huge fan of Eddings and his work .
best of luck and enjoy

the next thing is the companion you have unning with you. I use the templar and make sure I have a oculus ring on his finger. the area buff it creates you can use. I always have the charge buff, so the templar charges and stuns mobs. Great for the dungeon Grifts. Make sure he cant die with correct relic. HIs heals are little , but every little helps …

I hope you have key binded force move to something like spacebar. Do not bind it to mouse wheel. We are not melee. Space bar or similar key for you to rest your thumb on is key to succeeding your attempts to stutterstep.

2 Likes

Woah…that’s a lot of info!

Multishot now arsenal, companion now wolf, steady aim now awareness.

Charging Templar already can’t die, had oculus.

For equip:

Shoulders now Area damage 19%, wraps now 20% fire, legs +594 armor, head now 6% CHC. Got a new restraint and focus, both with sockets. one has CHD 50%, CHC 5.5%, the other CHD 50%, CHC 6%. Dead man’s legacy now 19% area, will look for another with added discipline.

As for Yangs… I’ve already augmented it to level 70. Won’t rerolling it lose that?

Obsidian changed to CoE. What happens after S20 ends and we have to put an armor in the armor slot in the cube?

I never liked having force move bound to the mouse wheel because it never felt right. I was still left clicking to move. I hadn’t heard of, or considered, using spacebar, so I did that and am currently getting the hang of it. But if you are moving with the spacebar, what are you using your left and right mouse buttons for?

This is actually weird to me. I walk, stop, shoot as needed clearing the area ahead, then repeat. Then again, the highest GR I’ve done is 90 (ten minutes). I think I was P650ish, and I’ve been doing lower levels since then (easier, faster) just to level up gems. I’m P803 now, but haven’t tried a high level in a while. Once I ‘get’ the force move/spacebar / mouse resituated, I’ll start pushing GR’s again, plus if I need a new Yang’s I’ll need a new gem to augment…

Thanks so much!!!

1 Like

This will be your first attempt at stuttersteping.
Keep for thumb on space bar so you are moving, when pressing right click your toon will stop for the click but move on after as you have not released space bar. practice it, keep spacebar pressed so toon is moving and right click multiple times. your toon will move forward between clicks. In order to maintain hatred shift + left click enables you to shoot evasive fire to keep hatred at optimum level.
Shift left click to top up and just right click to use multishot, all this while keeping spacebar pressed.

this is the beginner method of clearing higher GRs people are talking about after season ends the armour socket will 99% be taken up by Visage of Gunes.
The ring slot will be taken by RORG as you will be wearing the Crimson set ( boots and belt or legs and belt ). You dont have too i guess you can go back to a older version where you can use COE in cube and have full UE and the witching hour back in as a your belt. Crimson set however has become to good to pass up.

Here are some vids on stutter stepping.

Look in the “Archive of Timeless Knowledge” for Die and Free’s vids.

I personally use a slide step (I’m stutter step impaired :slight_smile: ). I have my move/primary skill on left click, MS on right click, force stop on a mouse button instead of shift. I don’t use force move at all for UE. All my movement is from left click. I just prefer to have everything on my mouse.

The next patch will boost Hunger Arrow to the point that UE can go back to straight UE6 with Hunters Wrath. So there is not much of a need to craft any Capt. C gear right now unless you really want to.

“slide step” is the way my wife and I have been playing since the original Diablo came out. Hold down the left mouse button, shift to stop, right click away as needed or desired. I saw reference that force stop stepping is more efficient than force move, but as yet haven’t seen how that’s done…

1 Like

UE MS / Shadow Impale
Force Move - ` (left of 1-key)
Force Stop - spacebar
Evasive Shot / Impale - left mouse
Vault / Vault - right mouse
Multishot / Vengeance - 1
Vengeance / Fan of Knives- 2
Companion / Shadow Power - 3
Preparation / Companion - 4

I always have ` pressed and kinda spam 1+2 together. Spacebar + Leftclick to fire evasive shot. I dont push as UE tho, just speed runs. I use this same setup for Shadow Impale as well, cept Impale is on left mouse, but everything else is generally the same.

before you go changing everything - you need to understand that you are still missing things that will help without rerolling/farming gear.

You don’t really need Awareness, but you absolutely need Ballistics passive for Arsenal Multishot, it’s a huge damage boost. Steady Aim has been proven better than Ambush in a prior forum discussion.

learn to use d3planner.com to “test” different changes before you make them.

using squirts without Gizzard is a recipe for disaster especially higher up - so forget stricken (not useful really until you are pushing over GR 100 or so) and use the Gizzard gem.

After season ends, you will lose the CoE cubed but can run Visage of Gunes (for damage reduction) or even Magefist for added fire damage.

Yes, so don’t, just keep farming for a new one, and if you find one that’s worse, use it to reforge - if you reforge your current one, you could end up with a non-ancient one that’s even worse…even try crafting some lvl 70 yellow bows and use the cube upgrade recipe.

the one on profile shows 12 disc - that’s the max.

personally i only focus on the resource generation and heals from templar…the rest is mainly useless (IMO)…

equip with an Ess of Johan (to pull mobs), thunderfury and wyrdward (to stun). try to roll attack speed and cooldown on all his gear.

1 Like