Ultrawide Screen Black Bars? Realy?

Hopefully it will be something like 19:8 zoomed in (one step) - and with no black bars.

What we have now is 21:9 but with black bars, so the visible screen is 19:9.

And that is a sacrifice i will take, but of course i need to test it first.

1 Like

Iā€™m on 32:9 no amount of new graphics will make that shlt look good when its a post box, it literally looks like a bug at that aspect.

3 Likes

I got a refund. Said that it was ultrawide (32:9) in the alpha and since itā€™s removed I wanted my money back. Got a refund after 24h.

Doesnā€™t mean I wonā€™t buy the game again before release, but the more players who get a refund for missing UW-support, the higher the chances will be that they open it up again

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I brought mine as part of a package, and I understand they will not split packages so I am stuck with it, I am not upset about that in the long run I do want to play this remaster but I would prefer to play it in a manner that is not shlt with black bars on my 32:9 screen, so hopefully they open this to modding or someone looks at the alpha to extract the files from it to revert the screen in single player, I only want this in single player multiplayer can be its own thing I donā€™t care.

4 Likes

I am doing the same. You can also jump on Twitter and comment on Rodā€™s tweet that you are unhappy that UW was removed. He might ban you though, as he did for a lot of the players giving feedback.

Iā€™m buying a 4k uw monitor just for my viewing pleasure , itā€™s ok if d2r isnt going to play in UW, Iā€™m just excited to play in 4k on my 3060

im playing elder scrolls online while im waiting awsome game with ultrawide support. il log on d2r on realease day just to see what have been done with the uw issue single player /multiplayer

4K with a mid class card? Okay, works fĆ¼r D2REā€¦

Yeah, thatā€™s a factor I never knew about until after I brought my SUW you need the graphics card power to take full advantage, it was my immediate upgrade after the monitor.

Any news on how they are going to address the black bars issue?

There has only been word that they are talking about how to address it so at least its a talking point, hopefully they will find a best solution.

4 Likes

We should get at the very least a response on what they are doing to address this. I will not want to go into launch, THEN they decide to make a post about it.

They should let people know before or after where it will be, so we can decide if we want to continue with a purchase or not. This, along with PlugY (lack-of), which goes into the TCP/IP support really is making me not as enthusiastic about the game.

1 Like

They arenā€™t going to fix this, doing so would literally be giving people with UW a cheat allowing them to see and cast further than normal players.

1 Like

D2R is a based on a ā€œnewā€ 3D engine, so I think the possibility of FOW or even a better ā€œworkingā€ solution should be possible in D2R.
The black bars are really annoying.

I am also a UW user, but if it is not implemented further than 19:9 or in some other way, I am ok with it, even if I think it is a great pity

2 Likes

Copied from another post about this.

"Newer [example], 21:9 with 16:9 active, only bottom left isnā€™t explored and added half a npc to the right as an example of them not being visible outside 16:9, ā€œmapā€ inserted for looks.

Imgur

Absolutely no advantage, you canā€™t see where you havenā€™t been, you canā€™t see npcs where you have been but are outside 16:9, you canā€™t target outside 16:9, everything is cleaner and not lazily blacked out."

If this was the old engine, lots of work, on anything newer should be an easier process.

3 Likes

perfection. i dont see any problems with that

that is still ugly and not playable and itā€™s still rendering under and use gpu and cpu for nothing it*s not a solution itā€™s the same vignette only not so dark

1 Like

Yup I agree, mind you this was a 2 minute job but mainly tossed it out there as alternative idea/better explanation of what some suggest as a compromise as blacking out all the time is clearly a dumb idea, not that we know what they have in mind.

Preferably I agree no bars of any kind.

Edit: I will say the idea shown in the picture the gray non active can still animate, it will just be desaturated, only unexplored will be blackened more which makes sense.

Bars would be a waste of gpu as you never are using that space at any point in time.

Iā€™ve suggested (much earlier in the thread) to allow terrain to be fully rendered while hiding NPCs, players, objects and items until they are within the 19:9 area (and limiting spell cast/range to 19:9 too - in testing, teleport already is limited to 19:9).

Thereā€™s no reason to impose a vignette, even on unexplored terrainā€¦ if anyone thinks people are looking at the terrain while mapping and not the MAP, then they have never played any ARPG seriously.

Hiding 1/4 to 1/2 of the screen with black bars while stuff is being rendered beneath is doing UW/SUW users a big disservice. Not only does it make the game aesthetically unpleasing but as a 32:9 user running 5120x1440, my GPU utilization is increased by 35% while playing full screen compared to windowed 2160x1440 in the beta.

Thatā€™s straight up ā€œnot fairā€. Except, when we raise this as an issue in bug reports and forum posts, itā€™s ignored. When I tweeted this issue to Rod, I got blocked. Blizzard are a joke.

3 Likes
https://egamersworld.com/others/news/9703/diablo-ii-resurrected-will-be-missing-ultra-wide-f-Pp_ADVMjG

IF THIS CRAP IS HAPPENING IM NOT EVEN INSTALLING THE GARBAGE GAME ALSO DELETE ALL OTHER LIZZARD GAMES FROM MY PC AND NEVER LOOK BACK WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS 23 MAYBE IT WILL BE CRACKED ALPHA FOR UW PLAYERS GOOD LUCK WITH THAT LIZZARD. itā€™s a good thing we have a game like elder scrolls online with full uw support at least the developers of that game have a functional brain and made a game a long time ago that is still very good in 2021. mean while lizzard have been smoking to many pair of old socks and have the brain functionality of a bunch of retards that still live in 2000 and releasing garbage thatā€™s not even worth the download time.

2 Likes