Ultrawide Screen Black Bars? Realy?

and here again…

Here it is, officially confirmed that Diablo 2 Resurrected will have 21:9 support! If that’s not true, Blizzard has lied to us and we have to get refunds. This is simply a fraud.
Official Answer to 21:9 Support!

10 Likes

that’s what I mean, it was announced with having ultra wide support - so it would be strange if they suddenly black-bar it now after people already preordered it

2 Likes

Well, he only said that it would be running 8k, and 4k. He did say you could run it on a 21:9 monitor. He never once said it would be in a 21:9 ratio. I mean if you want to get technical.

1 Like

wash your ears and watch the video again he did say you can run it at 21:9 resolution

7 Likes

he also said what you can expect from “modern” game

3 Likes

And what with skills like multishot which have massive range but dont require lock? Are you really planning to nerf bowazon among all chars?
Lets increase aggro range then - sure lets do that so players stuck with 16:9 will get Dolls charging at them out of nowhere.

1 Like

The black bars must go, The implication is not just for 21:9 support it is for any conceivable futureproof resolution.

4 Likes

" if you wanna run on a 21:9 monitor" his exact words. I don’t care what you think you hear.

1 Like

The engine natively supports it. They have imposed an artificial limitation by adding the black bars covering 1/4 to HALF of some users screens while using more GPU resources than native 16:9. I don’t know why you’re still here, this does not concern you or anyone else who doesn’t own an UW or SUW monitor.

Good thing you’re not a car guy, otherwise I assume you would be on the Jaguar owner forums complaining that it’s not fair for 5.0 L supercharged V8s to be on the road because you only have a 1.2 L hatchback.

8 Likes

Well that sounds like a different issue than not being able to use Ultrawide to play the game.

So you are saying the issue is that, the game is using graphic resources and rendering items but being covered by black bars? I would agree that is an issue.

However, it seems like most people just want the 21:9 ratio because they own a 21:9 monitor.

Where these 2 issues are not the same.

So I have an issue trying to discern who is trolling and who is just whining. Where some say they don’t have 21:9 available on their 21:9 monitor due to black bars, or those trying to resolve the actual issue, where it is rendering items not able to be seen, taking up graphic resources.

However, if it turns out, that 21:9 isn’t a ratio supported. Just change your resolution?

be quiet your just jealous of players who own 21:9 & 32:9 and you don’t so you can stop trolling now!!!

4 Likes

Whether you agree or disagree is totally irrelevant if you do not own an UW monitor. People who actually own one reserve the right to complain about Blizzard’s poor implementation and offer suggestions to improve game performance and general experience while playing.

Critically, we have yet to hear Blizzard’s response on this. We know there were issues with game integrity (unlimited horizontal FOV and cast range etc) which has been abused historically. We know the current “fix” affects performance and experience for UW users. Blizzard needs to comment on why they slapped black bars on top of the game in a panic instead of using a basic fog of war, allowing UW users to see terrain but not NPCs, players, objects or spell casts.

People coming in here calling UW users selfish or saying we’re whinging helps no one. If anything, it just shows how insecure an individual is.

6 Likes

Fair point, I shouldn’t have said whining.

Let me try to be more cordial.

So you either A, want it because you want it.
Or B, want it fixed to reduce graphic resource usage.

Like I said, some people are just explaining they should get it because they own a 21:9 monitor, yet at the same time telling people they should just go out and buy one if they don’t have one already. Furthermore, they are telling people they are poor if they can’t afford one.

Where I am not any of those reasons.

I don’t want or need a 21:9 monitor, not because I can’t afford one. Because I don’t have a use for one.

I also don’t want people to have bad graphic frame rates, because things are being rendered still, but not on screen.

However, I don’t want people saying they want it just because they think they should have it. Especially when counter arguments have been made against it, myself included, with video proof (weather people choose to acknowledge it or not is their problem, not mine) as to why it shouldn’t be a thing.

I do agree that something needs to be said from Blizzard on this subject.

You cannot be this dense. You must be actively trolling.

1. 21:9 and 32:9 are natively supported in the engine and was offered as a selling point (someone shared a link to the tech spec video earlier)
  2. It was available in the technical alpha
  3. Yes, people want utilise their 1000 EUR monitor in its native resolution instead of being forced to play with half their screen covered up or being stuck with windowed mode

Again, you shouldn’t have a voice here. This topic isn’t for you or about you and doesn’t affect you in any way. We are trying to raise awareness of both a technical issue and one that negatively impacts experience for UW users, in a feedback forum designed to do so. Half of this thread has been spent arguing with and explaining to non-UW users why this is a problem. Just stop posting and move on.

4 Likes

Typical, another person ignoring my prior posts, VERBATIM the guy said you could play it on a 21:9 monitor, Never once was it said you could play it in a 21:9 ratio. I watched the video. Did you watch mine?

Yes the ALPHA did have that resolution, which I linked. Which shows how it breaks the game. My voice matters for the integrity of the game.

Why do I keep having to repeat myself.

You can’t just want things, and have them because you want them, generally speaking. I can’t just say I want a million dollars, and just be given it.

It’s like most of you just don’t want to be wrong, so you ignore everything being expressed with the sole intent of just getting your way because you said so.

Here is the link again, I hope you watch it.

Alpha testing diablo 2 ultrawide

1 Like

Ok, I take it back. You actually are incredibly dense.

4 Likes

Nice one. First you criticize me for calling people whiners, then you just spit some dribble that happened to fall on your keyboard and formed a sentence.

Congratulations on being a super swell person. Have a nice day.

He said that you can play it on 21:9, pretty much what you could expect from modern games.
It’s kind of absurd to think that he didn’t mean 21:9 resolution as well, don’t you think?

Let’s rather keep focusing on discussing how to balance it.

Well some of those answers are coming from already defensive stance because they have been told off in a very rude manner already.

6 Likes

to be fair if you had a UW you would want to use it also.
However, if you don’t just hook up 2-3 screens and you can experience our pain.
and before you go telling me “I can’t afford” I literally got my first multi-head system out of monitors I refurbished from free e-waste.
The truth is you came here to tell us we are wrong, not because you care about UW support or lack there of but because you come across as a troll here to troll.

3 Likes

well said and well done on your multi-head system at next to nothing cost + saving the environment from some E.Waste. you have reason to be proud of your self :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes