Uliana update is a joke?

Do I miss something or update to Uliana build is pathetic?
Why bother to do an update which is useless?
Tried to do grift 125 with very good items and I was far away to do it, paragon 3650. Just did 132 with dh GOD.

FlowOfEthernity should increase Damaga of SSS from 100% to 500% !

1 Like

You really don’t know how the build should be played and how it works? Even a higher buff on sss would not get you the dmg. But just to compare: I did on ptr a 125 with uliana @3500ish paragon and had some time over. 132 with GoD dh sounds very low as well with that para.

If you wanna know it: they should have buffed gungdo to 300%+ region, then it would be on a similar lvl than tr with swk.

no, buff only EP is not enough or might get build overpowered on trash kill and very underpowered on 1-5 targets.
Add a buff to SSS would help a lot to kill elites, which currently is a pain. Now you need to skipp almost all elites and rift guardian need lot of time.
What grift level did you do with GOD dh? I am on 538 podition in leaderboards on EU non season so I think it is ok or?

Clearly you don’t know what the actual issue is. Uliana already excels in high density as EP detonations damage all nearby targets and chain to those targets, detonating again. More density means more overall damage.

But take away the density and Uliana becomes weak. Its main weakness is single target damage. Buffing SSS damage would help with that a lot.

2 Likes

Do you say exactly what I said and are you tell me that I am wrong? wow.
Yes, Uliana need buff to 1-5 targets, as single target and low number of targets, e.g. 3 pack elites, are very hsrd to kill. So yes, adding a big buff to SSS via e.g. FoE might help. Ofcourse, there are other options also bu this one is easy to do.

Anyway, my initial question is, why do they even bother to update this build if they do it AGAIN in a wrong way?
I said AGAIN because they tried several times to make this build viable… this time there was a lot of feedback during PTR and they did not listen st all. why there is a PTR if anyway thr feedbzck does not matter?

Question is, do we want a versitile build with buffs to sss, or do we want a dedicated trash clear build? Since monk seems to lacking in the latter, we should probably opt for that.

Killing the rift guardian is a pain, but stricken will eventually sort that out.

And when is say dedicated trash clear, I mean something that grows in power with more enemies around, such as spirit barrage or grim scythe.

Yep, you are right, but sss does not do any dmg in the build. And of course you have to watch out that this i6u4 build won’t go up 2 much. But the dmg on trash is still to low. lifting gungdo to 300% would make uliana build similar strong as tr is right now. A sss buff would then very well help with bosses. I still have the opinion that only a sss buff will not be enough.

Well, I’m on rank 77 EU LB, but as an (almost) only monk player in the monk LB. I wrote “sounds” low. When you compare dh and monk rankings you see that GoD is massively better performing. So when I do a 133 with tr monk with less paragon, it sounds low.

Oh yes I do, I did some testing on ptr and I know that single target dmg is too low, but also the overall dmg is low. I also had some suggestion to get some kind of stacking mechanic. That would also scale better than a simple dmg buff. Anyways Uliana is a trashkiller build and even with WoL you did not kill elites without trash (otherwise you underperform with that build). But with uliana, it is very well possible to one shot elite packs (as I did yesterday on a 125 on my first new testings). My estimations suggest uliana to be round 5 lvl under tr. Giving Gundo double buff (so 300%) would make it on similar lvl as tr is. Maybe the scaling is better with uliana so it might overperform compared to tr. still it lacks massively on single target. And here you are right - but will it really change something when foe does 3x dmg compared to today? I’d surely prefer some stacking of dmg on bosses.

When I said buff to SSS I was thinking mostly to single target. Watched a video with a guy trying 130 on PTR abd needed ~7mins to kil RG. If SSS would do 3x more damage time would be ~2mins and half-3mins, which is ok.
Not sure here, when strike a single target EP from U6 does not do damage on it right?

SSS damage is not important when there is a big pack of monsters, but hitting a single target is: 777% x 14hits x 2 =21756% which is something. Triple that might be good. Also COE will coung here for Psyhical rotation AND can run SSS damage on chest armor and shoulders.

Do not know regarding if want a trash kill dedicated build… I prefer to be good also for single runs…

Well even on solo there are builds where it is better to skip elite packs - which is something some people do not understand. I somewhen did a video of me playing Inna WoL build where I did some comment when to skip the rest of the pack and when not. Uliana is surely such a build and an other clear example of this is mundu WD. When you try to kill single enemys (no matter if pack, boss or white mob) it takes much longer than simply going on.
Regarding your sss point i would say I appreciate it, the example with 7 mins for a rg on 130 (look at his paragon and striken gem) is a good one. So yes, from that point of view you are right. But that vid is before patch. When you would buff gungdo to 300% it is 4x dmg as before, so that guy also would need 1/4 of the time approximately (which is not true since striken comes into play). Right now uliana is approx 5 lvl down from tr, so palm needs to be buffed anyways - no matter if you adjust sss dmg or not. So what I was trying to say is “buffing sss will never be enough” since you are to slow. Did some testings of 125 yesterday (btw I used shenlong and fist of az in cube, no lion, no foe), it is approximately the lvl to be cleared with the build and pushing might come to 127 region. That would be 6 lvl under my tr best. After some testings I was going to clear a 125 with tr and man that is an ugly build. Uliana is so much fun. But comparison in terms of time is at least 5 min faster is tr. So the dmg delt by palm is way to low.

yes, I also not like at all tr build:)
I also skipp most of the elites even with dh GOD and of course with Uliana.

Ok, EP should still be buffed, but the build will be ugly for solo runs if e.g. do grift 130, spam RG in 7mins and spend 7 mins to kill it… this would be boring. so there should be something done for single target also.

Just wanted to add to this, and probably someone have tried it more to explain. But when playing a bit with ulianna, it seems that I make better progress during the cold cycle on coe than the physical, this is on a single target RG aswell.

Is it so that the EP triggered by SSS also affects the same target that it’s triggered from? If that’s so, then raising EP damage will essentially raise the single target damage more.

Also fun side note, if timed correctly when fighting hamelin, he will start channeling and spawn rats, the exploding palms will hit and trigger on the next rat spawn, creating a chain which makes hamelin spawn rats and kill himself due to it. For me, he went from roughly 60% to 0 without any additional help.

Simply put, SSS does very little damage compared to EP.

Sustained Attack rune (5677% weapon damage per hit) with FoE/Lion’s Claw and Uliana bonus gets a total of (14/7) * 7.77 * 2 = 31.08x damage multiplier.

On the other hand, cold EP (6305% weapon damage) gets 91 * 6 * 2 = 1092x damage multiplier.

They’re not even close.

1 Like

I get that, but as I always thought ep didn’t do single target damage, allthough maybe it does when getting triggered from Ulianna SSS.

EP does do damage to the target it’s on when triggered by SSS.

Exactly, which is why I dont get why people would be advocating for more SSS damage when it essentially doesn’t do much, rather focus on EP damage so monks get their own trashclearing build, or close to it atleast.

Thats what I tried to say when I wrote we would have needed Gungdo to be +300% dmg :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have to add: Did a few 120s with uliana - its so hard depending on the grift lvl, ha. But here is another thing: When I do the RG i obviously use SSS. You can say exactly if you did a critical hit or not. That build definitely needs some similar thing to balance: When you fight a boss then you need 100% cc (or when you have less than 1 enemy). And additionally: If you have a boss with some pets like the skel king then you get the problem if his pets are not all close that you only hit the rg maybe 2-3 times, the other hits go somewhere. that is hard but is something you can not deal with since the sss searches his enemy himself.

My mistake, indeed EP do damage even when attaking a single target to it. So yes, buffing EP would be enough.

Uliana is WAY more than 5 GR behind TR unless you mean that TR can clear 5 GR’s is the same time Uliana clears 1.

The 100 stack explosion off TR is more powerful that EP.
The time it takes to group , apply EP and detonate , POJ already ran it , auto cycloned the group killed them while running at 200MPH and killed the rift guardian .

did you play it? i managed a 125 with average map with uliana, that is 8 lvl under my tr swk. i think i could push uliana to 127 or so. and ep would do a better scaling in terms of dmg as tr