[Uliana 2.6.10] And finally we got ... defense!

what do you mean “dynamically buffed” ? It is… the only things that snapshot into EP that are typically ran on ulianna or even seldom ran would be Mythic Rythym the other ones that could be snapshotted - determination, faith in the light - blinding flash, momentum, unity, Im not sure if MoC would be or not…

Assimilation is dynamic now it has been for a while.

no you dont need flow of eternity, didnt before 77% reduction

it snapshots or at least used to snapshot a powerpylon. And probably snapshots shenlongs.
So, 400% and 350% multiplicatively snapshotting means that its incredibly bad to play and also very OP if you get to have a good map and a powerpylon at the start.
You cant buff such a thing by much, because the ones that fish for such a rift clear 150 easily and the rest of the casual bunch cant even clear 130 with it…

omg Power snapping was taken out after s4, COE never snapped EVER, shenlongs NEVER snapped EVER, and that would be 3.5 x 3 x 1.4 x 4.5 = 66 and change

No it doesnt. It hasnt snapshotted power since s4 – CoE always dynamic, shenlongs always dynamic, assimilation change a few seasons ago to be dynamic whenever they made the 2p proc AD and Mythic Rythym never spent on auto palm

and if thats khord about to post whats up dude

well, im sorry. I didnt know the snapshot was fixed (except for MR and such).

It just needs a damage buff then. Totally agree there

Well atleast, the set feels alot better to play now that they fixed th DR.

Personally i dont like MR, and too me it would just be fine if they just redesign it.

But alot of ppl like it, so i have just learnt to play the as if MR dont exist.:blush:

But as Said above its still lacking damage wise… but it’ll be good to have a new set to play around with for speedruns and stuff😁

you can apply stricken stacks as fast as your attackspeed is. 1 per attack.
look at your character details.
2.00 attackspeed: you are able to apply 2 stricken stacks every sec
1.50 attackspeed: you are able to apply 1.5 stricken stacks every sec

there is only one exception to that rule and that are ATS legendary multipliers of a specific skill or skillset. (example: Fragment of Destiny, Oathkeeper, Fjord Cutter, Hunters Wrath, Yangs Recurve…)

example:
a DH with Yangs Recurve equipped has 1.50 attackspeed.
Multishot gets 50% increased attackspeed.
That DH can apply 2.25 stricken stacks every second via Multishot.

SSS can apply 1 stricken stack. Since the animation of the skill probably is longer than your attackspeed that skill is very inefficient when it comes to stacking stricken.

People struggle by their own admission to play the build as it is, and you guys think you want to add managing Shenlong onto it?! Lol, good luck. I’ll buy it when I see it.

Some of you don’t even know what gear to use, thus voiding your complaints. It’s been over a year since Captain Crimson rework and I’m still finding people I have to instruct to use it. Now we’ve even got somebody saying he doesn’t use FoE. Excuse me but WTF.

All that aside, I am surprised and very happy to see the native DR added. As the Dev team says, let’s see where we get to now.

Sorry, just his evil cousin.

:joy::joy::joy:
20 more letters.

1 Like

(to karm)

yea this somebody… is a fairly accomplished monk … You definitely dont need FoE it doesnt fit the rotation in fact itd probably be harmful for shenlongs EP

This somebody, ran Ulianna shenlongs speed runs (in hardcore)
during the season you could use cube for any type in every slot (for XP) while no one else did and I mean NO ONE.

Why is it making this print larger?

horrax stricken is .9 / APS with the exceptions your talking about, it def builds it kinda slow cause normally you have low APS, boss fights take a long time, it isnt that slow for the APS as some builds like WD has but it has nothing to excede the .9 / APS cap from a leg item

Now if you wanna know how to make this build better versus the boss ->

4p (blah blah blah…) Seven Sided Strike also deals X % more damage each time it hits a mob that it has already hit before, stacking indefinitely

This would still not be enough, honestly Ulianna’s isnt the funnest EP monk build anyway , they should buff the crap outta fist of az so Innas palm or even better yet LoD Tempest Rush + EP could be viable … that was a blast (no pun intended)

Please don’t brag, I don’t really care. You’re the only one that did that because nobody else would want to. It’s an oddity, not an accomplishment. I’ve taken spots on the board with offmeta builds too, but none of that is relevant anyway because we’re talking balance and design here, not accomplishments.

Shenlong Uliana can’t be intended because the huge majority won’t be able to play it. This also makes it irrelevant whether FoE is compatible with Shenlong, and it’s not really optional otherwise.

This is interesting tho. I posted an in-depth set of ideas for Monk recently (the makings of it going back almost two years), and in an earlier edition of the Uliana rework I had it able to trigger EP by any other Spender (not EP itself tho). I dropped it so I could finish the post easier/faster, but I never forgot about it.

FoE isnt optional why?

Also ‘dont brag… especially if youre not gonna back it up’ is literally just asking me to back in up. There are leaderboards you can just look at, but like I have prestige 1 on monk… so playtime over a year on monk. Also longtime member of nCg which with the exception of a s5 2man took first place in every group category season 1 - 16 in Hardcore NA. r1w s14 hc monk, I could go on but I think you get the point.

Since I at least was at one point one of the more knowledgeable people about this games mechanics, I dont appreciate misinformation or being laughed at about a suggestion for something I know can work - maybe not for most monks, but the top of the leaderboards generally are exceptions to that.

and Yes if I can do something in Hardcore I expect that people in Softcore can do it as well… and BTW we were getting similar XP/Hr on Shenlongs EP (granted my teammates were insane) to Barb FC until everyone just started doing rats again. It was also actually fun, which is rare in an XP meta.

I can understand if you’re suggesting that most people will have a hard time running an FoE-less Ulianna’s build, so therefore it is mandatory to the majority of players… sure I can agree with that, I think a lot of the people left still playing this game want to see Ulianna’s or non meta builds on the top of the LB’s though, and for that generally you cant just not run Mythic Rythym you cant just not take Shenlong’s buff, because even though paragon can make you a lot tougher and stronger it still isnt going to be as strong as a multiplier between someone whos fairly casual and gets 2k paragon and really fishes for the right rift or someone who gets 4-5k in a season and fishes for the right rift… though the 4-5k will have a ton more survive- which now isnt really isnt as much of an issue with a 77% DR.

[edit] If you’d like I can explain why doing damage on every SSS opportunity hurts Ulianna’s meta damage rotation (if you can survive)

Just for the record: I got a 120 up and running myself. 14:01 with power pylon and condu, but very bad maps. I’d say maybe a 122ish range will be able for me roundabout. I played non season, crimson, rorg, coe, spirit g, gungdo, both fists and foe in cube. pity i need to drop my primevil uliana shoes. I used MR but could not handle the passive up all time long.

So in fact: It will be ~10 lvl behind my swk tr on non season as I expected. dmg factor 4 needed.

1 Like

Atomfurz, again, your assessment is off. Here’s a screenshot of us on the board:

https://i.imgur.com/2jGCRjk.png

My estimation of your Uliana DPS based on your mainstat and gems is almost 3x that of mine. Yet I’m just 3 GRs behind you, and I’m very confident I can cut that to 2, possibly even 1.

Based on my performance, you should be clearing at least GR125. And I don’t mean potentially, I mean already.

From there, bumping your gems up to 150 and your paragon up another 2k points (accounts for more augmenting too) to hit the 5k benchmark puts expected output around the intended GR130.

Or provide workable URLs…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… https://i.imgur.com/2jGCRjk.png

10 GR lvl behind is quite a thing. Indeed needs a buff to damage too…

Please refer to my previous comment.

Hmpf, whatever you say? I by myself estimate a 123 clear on current ptr. I have non optimal gear and non optimal play on uli, but when you say i should be at 125 its not that far behind youvwhat i said. That are 8 lvl behind current tr. I do not have 150 gems and since i do never play supp i wont get them except a dd variant of monk gets to 150ish range. But this is true for all my builds. I even would say i could perform better uliana play and my tr is pretty ironed out but it still lacks too much dps compared to current tr. You can say that i might be off 2 lvl but that makes me not being wrong with sayin its worse than tr. Maybe uliana scaling is better. So all in all at least 300% on gungdo is needed (that would be a x2 buff from current ptr =5 lvl