[Uliana 2.6.10] And finally we got ... defense!

Wow, what a nice defense buff, thanks therefore.

BUT…

Developer’s Note: This set needed damage reduction much more than a damage boost, so we’ll see where this takes it.

erm, no dmg boost? Have you seen an uliana playing solo and trying to kill a RG? I’ll do some testings on that, but it needs to be comparable to tr build which is very tanky (in terms of monk builds, its way less tanky than ww rend barb or god dh) and deals at least some amount of dmg. But with that ups I definitely will test it.

7 Likes

Even with the buffed Gungdo Gear, Uliana is still to weak damage wise.

The defensive buff is nice though.

7 Likes

I believe DEVS intended Shenlong for Uliana in S22 to gain additional x4.5 DPS - but players used Shenlong for PoJ-TR instead and complain why Shenlong isnt triggering (as while monk TRs it spends spirits, thus sometimes never reaching full resource).

Uliana is Monks’ version of Tal Rasha:
One has to cycle: Cyclone strike, EP, Gen and SSS. rinse repeat.

I was testing in non season, P3000, GR120 wasn’t even smooth as my Vyr set-up.

Yes, in S22 we can use Shenlongs with Uliana, but still it would be great to have both Uliana specific weapons in cube.

1 Like

I agree, we need to ask for fist of Az to increases EP damage for 800-1000 and when there is only 1 target, ep damage Damage is tripled or ep has 100 crit chance when exploded to deal with the Boss

4 Likes

So we need to ask for more buff to gungdo gear, at least to have a 200% increased damage with a triple effect for one target to fight against Boss

2 Likes

How does Stricken stack with Uliana?

Do we get 14 Stricken stacks per single SSS? Or just 1?
Do we get multiple Stricken Stacks during Way of the 100 fists’ second stage?

The way I see it, if Uliana can stack Stricken fast enough, then it can become viable.

2 Likes

thats kinda makes it even worse.

Theres still the snapshotting and all included… If you manually apply EP during a powerpylon, coe on the right cycle, mythic rythm and shenlong up thats around a 80 times more damage than what a automatically random applied EP that happens because of attacking with generators will do… If im right.

Thats one hell of a mess to keep the all buffed up EP alive

Stacking stricken on the boss. I dont even know if stricken was already a thing when we first played uliana :joy:

4 Likes

my assumpion is they do not think and for monks its most of the times proves as true. Season is not where it should be balanced around! And then you see that tr is simply stronger.

i think that is exactly the point why uliana sucks so much. And of course the boss dmg. I think i can clear now a 120 ish range with that change (so 10+ lvl weaker than tr) but will need 7 mins for the rift and 8 for the boss^^

2 Likes

yeah like ive seen the video on yt from a guy that had a 120 clear without the 4th cube slot and without the shadows i think.
he had a really good progress bar but the boss took so long oh my god it was a pain to watch.

Someone focussing on the set with shenlongs on, may get a 130 cleared. But that is some S*** on another level. Imagine you have to fill your bar up just as the right coe cycle comes up (like TR needs to) but then have to jump with all possible damage buffs active over to an unattacked group and manually apply an EP asap on one of them. Preferably one outside of a big pull that was previously made so that youre able to spread it.
And dont you dare attack with generators at that moment :joy:

thats even a more F up playstyle than PoJ TR with shenlongs and all the bugs included.

Ill just roll a nec this season if thats all what there is for monks

To be honest I’m not sure if Shenlong actually brings x4,5 DMG to Uliana.

Even with the 4th cube slot; you kinda have to cube Flow of Eternity (the CDR helps for survival as well) and Fist of Az (DMG to EP). Lion’s Claw though does 7 additional strikes, so it also doubles the Uliana damage - so you have to take the lower damage into account.

My educated guess is that 4th slot might be Furnace if you don’t go the Shenlong route. One option is Flow of Eternity in the hand and Fist of Az and Lion’s Claw in cube (EP should have higher damage in that case, but you lose CDR and AS).

Thoughts?

Good news :
Free slot, (Johan, Furnace, Fot…
may be Speedfarm
group play (lag ?)
Bad news : even more unplayable mytic rhythm

not sure. Reddit says rabid strike is also doubling the sss. Maybe thats a route to try. Doubles your damage with less clunky mechanics if it works well.

Ive seen flow of eternity as less needed if you have a way stronger EP out. Youd have to carefully watch out that you dont explode the whole screen anyway because youd try to keep up the buffed EP on at least one monster and kite that trough the rift.
Havent played this for so long, i dont even remember the mechanics… have to relearn :slight_smile:

The Gungdo buff should be 250%-300%

The set change should read like this;

Uliana’s Strategem Set : Now has 77% damage reduction for 7 seconds after applying Exploding Palm and deals triple damage to single target.

Either way, U6 will be my go to speed build for T16 in S22

5 Likes

yeah, id take that as a t16 speedbuild too.
With madstone in the cube and ingeom on 4th slot prolly.

at least satisfying.

I cant see where blizzard sees the potential damage to be on an okay level. But hey, they didnt buff the MoBC set of necro for a whole season and finally decided that what the community brought up is actually needed and a good idea (talking bout the bracers with 400/500%).

So, maybe next season we can finally play uliana for real :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s still a horrible set with wonky mechanics any way you slice it. It needs a complete redesign.

2 Likes

it should read more like this “Now has 77% damage reduction for 7 seconds after Exploding Palm is applied and deals triple damage to single target.”

the reason for that is there are other ways to apply EP.

the other thing is that I found when I got to play it before they shutdown the server that madstone was not needed, the set applied EP to more then 1 or 3 mobs around you, as in if I had 5 or 6 they ALL got EP applied.

1 Like

all it needs is a dynamic buffed EP imo

You could use your SSS on the cold cycle when cold EP is applied and it also needs a tremendous buff then because mythic rythm and everything wouldnt work.
Then you could just apply EP the way its meant to be: With every third hit of your generator.

And it needs still alot of a buff to singletarget or low count targets. Just like the meteor boots from wizard are designed.

each consecutive strike on one ennemi from SSS, increased EP by 25% (so 350% max) (on uliana 6P)

Bane of stricken, 14 stacks with ONE sss use (with Lions claw)

Okay let me put it this way… I CAN EASILY RUN Shenlongs Ulianna with Captains instead of belt (gives extra damage) in season… AND ITS SO DISAPPOINTING HOW UNDERPERFORMING IT IS COMPARED TO TEMPEST RUSH… I got a fatty punisher stacking 30s on assim in a 125 and was behind timer