UE Multishot question

Gasnick, you asked about being able to clear GR 100 at your para, gems and augment levels.

I ran GR 100’s with dex set to the same para you are using, no augments, and just slightly higher legendary gems. Ran them pretty easily.

Then I shared some ideas with you on what to do to run GR100’s with UE at your para.

You should try some of the ideas offered to see what works for you. You can always go back the what you are currently using if they don’t work out.

The way sets have been boosted in the past couple patches, a well played DH set can usually get a GR 100 prior to 1000 para with no augments.

1 Like

Hey Groovy, how much CDR do you have on your seasonal UE?

To answer your question, IcyVeins is a good place to start looking at gear stats. There is also a DH information post that is not yet a sticky. I’ll grab the link and add it.

Edit: DH Compendium: Builds, Tactics, and Strategies

Gasnick, you’re criticism isn’t way out in left field, because RNG can be frustrating in this game. But I want to say about the only time I put 8 hours into the game at a time is right at Season start. For maybe three days. Basically a weekend and part of Monday. Which is a lot I admit. But after that I might put 2 or 3 hours at a time in and not every day.

gear is important in this game, no doubt, but there’s tricks to make less of a hassle. Once you’re running T10, if you’re doing everything to improve your gear ie, using the cube both upgrading rares to legendary and reforging, and Kadala, and through normal drops, it isn’t so bad. I think at least.

If collecting mats are a problem like veiled crystals, arcane dusts, and reuseable parts, trying running campaign, just once. After that, set campaign to Kill Maltheal, and talk to the Templar. His quest will put you in an area that has several weapons racks. Collect from those racks but don’t go open the second door. Port back to town and close the game. Re-start and do that again until you pack is full then salvage, you should get about 250 reuseable parts at the end. You can then either keep those or use the cube to transmute them to veiled crystals and arcane dusts. It’s just a quick way to get mats if that’s all you want.

Death’s Breaths shouldn’t be such a huge problem with the change to the Sage Set. So gearing will be easier next season. The point I’m trying to make is it doesn’t take 8 hours a day of play time to get geared enough to have fun. Now getting on the leaderboards is another thing entirely. But I don’t want to get into that.

1 Like

Crafting material aren’t really a big problem for me, got over 67k of each resuable parts, veiled crystals and arcane dusts, 41,k Death Breaths and 13k+ forgotten souls this season.

Got all of these mats from doing public T13-T16 bounties, rifts and Ancient Vault runs…

Right now I focus on leveling gems only.

So I’m a bit confused. It appears that you have mats but aren’t using them. Is that a correct assumption?

I used to reforge Yangs a lot (had more mats, was doing pub bounties for like 3-4h a day…), but it was too frustrating, as the outcome was always pretty depressing…

yeah, re-forging can be really frustrating when it doesn’t work out, some folks swear by it. I use it sparingly and preferable on rings. Weapons too, but I usually get a decent one from drops before I ever get one through re-forging if that’s what I’m focusing on. Yang’s isn’t easy to get good stats on. Has to have the right amount of RCR, the right damage multiplier, and Discipline. That’s a hard one to get so re-forging could take hundreds of tries to get right. I usually have to settle for “close enough” for my Yang’s because I can usually get at least one that has mediocre stats on all three. I’m not willing to put more into it though.

I’m just saying it doesn’t take perfect gear which is really hard to come by, but “good enough” gear can get you through Grift 100 rather easily. You just have to be willing to accept mediocre rolls. That’s my experience anyway.

2 Likes

My rolls on Yang are pretty mediocre at best (168-170% multishot damage bonus, but at least 12 discipline on Yang, Dead Man Legacy and 12 on Primal UE Chest.

I’ll focus on trying to complete GR100 after season, right now getting as many gems as possible to 100 is my goal.

Is Rebel geared for Regular Rift farming? It looks like it to me, so I don’t want to critique it if that’s the case.

Rebel? What do you mean by that?

Your character. Or am I looking at the wrong profile?

I’m playing on Europe servers, didn’t play season 17 on american at all, as all my chars inventories and stash are completly full…

Also currently using Rapid Fire instead of multishot for leveling gems.

Ah, that makes sense then. Sorry for my confusion.

Edit: And I do see you’re using Rapid Fire. Sorry I couldn’t help you.

No problem, multishot UE is by far my favourite build in D3 I’ll go back to it once I’m done with gems.

1 Like

If you check my post i was talking to groovy, because he has an armor without discipline…
Anyway, keep in mind that i play hardcore only, my paragon is low and i tend to play 99% of time solo (ya i play only bounties in party), so no high augments for me neither, no insane paragon and no high gems…
As i posted before, if i manage to do GR 100 with only 2 offensive gems in hardcore with 9,5k dex you can pretty much clear GR100 without problems in SC with way more dex than me.
As some other guys posted in this thread too, your setup is not optimal gasnick that is why you cant beat GR100.
As for the d3 slow progression, nope, as i said i play mostly solo, and i play HC so that thing means i lose all my set a lot of times each season, and considering that i think the d3 progression its pretty fast, because i can actually re-gear a lot of times each season, and i don’t even play that much, probably 1-2 hours daily if anything.
The thing i don’t get is that you hate meta but you want to be in par with top meta players… i don’t play meta neither, sure i will not be able to do things that pro meta players do (TBH i don’t care, because they have zero impact in my gameplay) , but GR 100 its pretty easy by nowadays standards.

2 Likes

I played HC with Monk and DH multishot on PTR got to 605 paragon level and stopped, cause I got borred.

I don’t care about meta, I want everyone to be able to complete min 120 solo under 1500 paragon level with less than 600k caldesans with ANY build they play.

These could be done pretty easy if Blizz listened to players with lower paragon levels or made it possible to reach past GR100 with any build out there.

There’s a way that any T16 vayable build could do GR100 or even 120 with less than 2000 paragon level with minor buffs to items or even without any buffs at all.

Anyway sharing this idea would only start a flame war and lure out all the trolls and haters out there so there’s no point…

So what’s so magical about GR 120? If your wish came true and the power creep got to the point where GR 120 was easy for any person using any build, then you (or someone like you) would be on here complaining about not being able to do a 150.

I do believe that is your point. You came and asked if it is possible to complete a GR 100 with UE at your Para. We mentioned that it was, and even gave you some ideas to help you do so, but all you are interested in is complaining about META. Not sure where that complaint comes from as UE is not a part of any sort of META, heck, DH is left out of META for the most point.

The DH forum is here to help new DH’s improve, and to theory craft DH builds. Trolling should be kept in the “General” forum.

Thanks

4 Likes

At this point i think you are just jealous about players with high paragons/caldesans. as varadia posted there is no point on make things easy for 120, because if you make 120 easy you will just start complaining about not being able to beat 150, also a thing that seems you don’t understand is that main stat has diminishing returns… so after you reach paragon 2k, main stat gives less and less damage, so even if you cap paragon at 2k, meta people will still beating you doing things better and faster than you (I mean you are not even able to beat gr100 with way more paragon than me and a lot decent level caldesans).
You should stop blaming others because you can’t do things and focus more in your gameplay and build choices.
I said that i was a HC player, because you said in this game takes forever to gear and things, and that is false, because in HC i tend to die by death connections or by bad luck in high grifts, and i’m still able to re-gear my characters, and i don’t even play the game that much, just 1-2 hours daily if anything, probably the difference is that i’m efficient enough to know how to gear fast and how to make use of my materials.
Finally you can’t say that everyone in this forum is toxic because they don’t agree with you.

2 Likes