UE Multishot question

Is it possible to complete a GR 100 with 1260 PL, 3 legendary Gems (Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Stricken, Bane of the Powerful) rank 100 and calsesans in all items except ring that vary from 80-95 (with one 72)?

I play at Europe servers, but their forum is almost as empty as a ghostown anyway thats why I ask in here. My highiest GR with UE Multishot is GR 97…

Should be easy enough. I did a 101 in s13 and that was before the buff. Although i used zei instead of bos, but I did it using no generator, so i didn’t use f/r. used nems and ew. Using the normal ue build you should clear 100 easy.

I use zei’s too instead of Powerful I forgot I use it in my LoN Rapid Fire build and zei’s in UE Multishot.

As for GR 100 it was extremely hard for me to beat 97, so I doubt I can do 100… Maybe I’m doing something wrong though…

When I saw your post, I was going to just say “Yep, it can be done”. But then I decided to prove it to myself

My Seasonal UE has no augments. I set my dex to what it would be at 1260 para and ran a couple GR’s

The fist was with BoP, my standard gem for general UE.

The second was with BoS.

Neither map had a conduit pylon, both were average maps, and I cleared both in under 12 minuets without really hurrying.

Link a D3planner of your build, there may be gearing issues.

1 Like

I use Bane of Stricken, Zeis, Bane of trapped all rank 100, Items:

Helm - Pride’s Fall with 72 rank caldesans (lowest I have)
Torso - UE Chest (Primal) with 80 rank caldesans
Amulet - Traveler’s Pledge Primal 1000 dex, 100% CHD, 10% CHC 95
caldesans
Ring - The Compass Rose AS, CHC, CHD socket
Ring - Obsidian ring of zodiac AS, CHC, CD, socket
Bracers - Nemesis
Belt - Witching Hour

The rest is UE with 80, 90 and 95 caldesans.

Cube:

Dawn
Cindercoat
Ring of Royal Grandeur

Using obsidian instead of CoE, to keep Vengeance up at all time…

Having a 1 to 2ish second downtime on vengeance is not that big of a deal and hardly a damage loss over time depending on play style. You preferring to use obsidian ring to prevent that couple second window (you can also get more CDR to get perma vengeance as well) instead of using CoE is a huge damage loss.

You also should consider using wraps instead of nemesis. Since you’re using cindercoat, not having gunes in cube and wearing wraps means you’re very glassy and makes it difficult to gather packs and burst them down.

A few seasons ago, I cleared a 105 within the first week, roughly 900 paragon with only half my gear augmented with level 80 legendary gems with UE. I run with 29.10% CDR in a normal basis.

3 Likes

Dropping CoE costs one heck of a lot of burst damage.

For the way I play, using TP and CoE also costs a lot of DpS. I move too much for the damage buff of the Endless Walk set to build up.

Do you have a half decent HellFire amulet? If you do, give the standard UE build a try. Save this one in your armory so you can go back to it.

UE6, HF amulet, Focus and Restraint, Wraps of Clarity, Witching Hour.

Cubed Dawn, Visage of Gunes, CoE. I think you will find that you are a lot tougher, and doing a lot more damage.

It is worth a try, and easy enough to switch back if you don’t like it.

1 Like

Damn made another typo I use Visage of Gunes in cube instead of Cindercoat rest is like mentioned in my post above.

As for your suggestion I’ll consider it, I’ll probably will have to farm more to get a good Hellfire amulet than. Thanks for your advise.

1 Like

Of course! You could even do it without any caldesans…

Will have to check if you’re right later. For now I’m exhausted from pushing GRs with LoN Rapid Fire. I’m no Pro player, I play at my own pace.

1 Like

UE is really easy to use for some and for others it takes a lot of practice. Using EW makes it a little harder to use because about the only time you’re doing damage worth mentioning is at full EW stacks on the CoE fire cycle. Knowing when to stand to build the EW stacks so you can dump on fire takes practice.

As far as clearing 100 with no caldesan’s and low paragon, I was doing 100 in season 15 (or was it 16 when UE was buffed?) with under 800 paragon and gear that wasn’t great, most of it wasn’t ancient either with F&R. I really hope that doesn’t sound like a brag as much as I think it does.

The point is, with practice you just get better. I’ve been playing UE off and on, mostly on, since UE set was introduced way back when. What was that? Season 5 or 6?

At any rate, I’m not a pro player because most of the time I can’t even sniff the leaderboards.

I guess, what I’m saying is UE with those buffs that were added a little back can do 100 with low paragon and no caldesan’s but it’s a harder play style than say Shadow.

But play it enough and it doesn’t feel so hard either.

3 Likes

Earlier. Season 3. Current form was more like Season 5 though.

2.2.0/Season 3 added UE set. That was a pretty different time though, no cube, no Dawn, no Yang’s, no Wraps of Clarity.

2.3.0/Season 4 added the cube, Yang’s, and Wraps of Clarity.
2.4.0/season 5 added Dawn.

4 Likes

EW in UE6 sacrifices way to much damage tbh, because you lose the Focus and Restraint buff + the hellfire amulet passive (which in most cases is cull the weak).
I think UE6 is way easier than marauders or shadow, but gearing UE6 is harder because of discipline stacking, also rolling a deadman legacy with CDR + multishoot damage + discipline + decent legendary power its pretty hard.
Standard UE6 set just hoard a lot of mobs while COE is not in fire rotation, and when fire cicle is active you use wolf companion + vengance + spam until you get out of hatred, and repeat (that is why EW its pretty bad in this build because you need be at full stacks during the fire cycle, and you are still losing some damage because focus and restraint is just superior).

1 Like

Absolutely. But if you’re like me, you get a good EW set long before you get a good F&R set and Hellfire Amulet. But as soon as you do, people should definitely switch.

I didn’t mean to come off as saying that EW should be used with UE. It is useable, but F&R deals tons more damage and synergizes with Wraps of Clarity. That by itself is reason to drop EW when you get a good Hellfire and F&R.

Edit:
And not to argue, but I think the difference on opinions about which DH sets are harder is more a personal preference. If you like the elite hunter playstyle, Shadow is right up your alley, and like you said is much easier to gear. UE is a kill everything style. I like that a lot. But to me, the elite hunter is just easier to play because you can pick your battles easier skipping anything that you find isn’t worth it to kill.

But like I said, it’s just a personal preference thing to. I basically won’t touch N6/M4 or Marauder’s because I just don’t like the playstyle. But I’m sure other folks think that damage potential is just too good to pass up.

4 Likes

UE Multishot GR 100, it is harder than all other DH builds past GR 95. I am just playing for fun and trying all builds but there is a reason that Impale dominated the leaderboards as stated above. I have 1450 paragons and augmented gear and it was still hard. Maybe season 18 will be easier but it is still fun to turn a bow into a shotgun with UE. I don’t know if it will help but I got stuck at GR 99 and I rolled life per hit on my bow and just stopped dying.
Good luck

It’s a pain to complete GR100 if you want to do it with your current build. If you don’t use items stated in above posts, you will have a hard time to do it. I stopped at 97 GR and not in the mood to try highier. I’m now 1278 paragon level and only focus to get as many gems to level 100 as possible.

Thank you but I did complete GR 100 in 13:57 8/11/19 a few hours before posting here, my profile is public if anyone is interested in looking. I was just chiming in that an average player just enjoying the game can do GR 100+ with UE but there are much easier builds to work with.

Your seasonal UE6 DH has problems with the gear :

1. Your armor lack + discipline roll (this one is a big mistake that cost a decent amount of damage)
  2. You lack multishot damage on helm and quiver (the lack of damage in these parts cost some damage)
  3. Using magefist do not worth it, using RORG instead of COE in cube cost you a lot of damage.
  4. The lack of steady aim passive is big, this passive was changed a lot of seasons ago and its 20% multiplicative damage
  5. You used candlesans on low quality ancient items (quiver, helm and specially that armor without discripline that its totally useless, even a normal armor with +disc with bad rolls beat your armor by a huge margin). another thing i noticed that is your vitality its pretty low, i must say that 600k its optimal.
  6. Elite damage or CDR in yang its better than 7% attack speed.

I welcome the input, I started playing this January so I have some learning to do, since I seem to have become addicted to this game. As for the Yangs I will roll off the 7% for elite damage and try that. Looking at this it seems like a no brainer but I hope to do better in S18.
Where is the best site for optimal rolls for gear? Id like to be able to make the right choices next time.

1 Like

Seriously, EVERYONE who playes with UE Multishot knows that Armor, Quiver and Yang MUST have max discipline which of course I have and why would I use magefist?

Don’t have extra multishot damage on helm or quiver, but have some on boots…

Have no luck with Yang, tried multiple times to get a damn primal, can’t even get a good ancient with 180+ multishot damage without sacrificing discipline…

I have 12 discipline on all Yang, Quiver and Armor (which is primal btw).

As for caldesans sorry I play solo most of the time and can get max 500k, don’t use OP builds or zdps builds just to have 130+ gems or caldesans…

Reached GR107 with Rapid Fire, but playing 105+ GRs is no fun for me, cause they tend to have the worst elite layout possible (some maps have 2 or 3 elites only) and you can count pylons per map on your hand…

I prefer to play the way I like without the need of getting on the leaderboards with any means necessary.

If someone enjoys the “rat race” that’s his/her choice. I’m no teen anymore, get tired pretty fast and if a game is starting to remind your day time job and requires you to play over 8 hours a day, than there’s clearly something wrong…

I know it’s a “loot hunt” game or in case of D3 RoS paragon and caldesan rat race too, but if you need to play over 8 or 10 hours to fully enjoy it, than no wonder so many people bot or cheat… The RNG is just ridiculous in D3 RoS…

The problem with D3 RoS is that the progression takes waaaay too much time for none botting players or for whoever spends less than 8 hours a day to play the game. By progression I mean reaching at least GR100 with your favourite build, not go the easy way out with the most OP ones. Those who just want to enjoy the game with their favourite builds rather than join the clones just to hit leaderboards have a realy hard time even reaching GR100 or surpasing it even slightly…