UE Multishot in 2.6.6

Personally I have never used stutter stepping. I would like to know is it needed to clear the higher GR than GR100 (my current highest clear)?

My current Season high GR with UE/CC is GR 107. I am very stutter step impaired. I slide step :slight_smile: when the map is right, but I’m a vault to position UE.

A very good Stutter Step (see Dieoxide and RedCell) pro gets a lot more MS damage downrange than I can. My vault click is at least one MS for them. SS also helps to avoid damage.

Probably more important than SS for pushing GR’s is the ability to group up mobs or pull Elites.

I seen SS helps to eek out more damage and survivability, but it is not so great that without it I wouldn’t be able to go much higher in the GRs. I know I need to get good at pulling mobs myself. Also have to overcome the fear of having a lot of elites and champion packs together.

1 Like

got some semi-luck last night, popped on to do the CR and then ran some T16 ubers and crafted a Primal HFA…rolled dex/chd/vit so i’m waffling between CHC and Fire and will be trying it out with a kinda decent F&R set. Unfortunately it the HFA rolled w/Awareness and not a DPS passive, but that’s way better than it rolling something completely useless for the build and will probably save me at least 1-2 deaths per rift now.

1 Like

I have asked this question before in this thread, but I didn’t got an answer so far, so I just ask again:

Which gem is the best for the helm slot if you already have enough cooldown (without the diamond in the helm) with the new CC set?

Topaz, Amethyst or still Diamond for even more additional damage?

I already have enough CDR so the question is shall I get even more CDR for more damage, Amethyst for 23% life or Topaz for more damage reduction?

Also which is better for defense? Topaz or Amethyst?

thx

You need either 2 slots with cooldown OR the helm diamond to attain enough CDR for permanent Vengeance (assuming 10% from paragon and 20% from the set bonus). So you need to weigh the helm diamond as if it was two rolls of area damage or something.

The benefit of CDR is mostly for the increased uptime on your companion; the extra 12.5% CDR only equates to around 5-7% DPS from the double diminishing returns.

Topaz is 12.5% RCR = 1.1429x toughness multiplier
Amethyst is 23% Life = 1.1643x life multiplier (assuming 25% paragon 15% belt)

However, the Topaz provides mitigation which is more useful for healing and the gizzard shield as well as the obvious RCR benefits.

Thus, I would recommend either a Diamond or a Topaz in your helm.

3 Likes

Thanks @Iria

And Topaz also benefits Life per Hit, so that will be my choice.

Thanks again.

Topaz also works well with Leorics crown or Prdides Fall n the cube, allowing you to run extreme toughness if you skill Vengeance: Dark Heart.

1 Like

Interesting. With the UE/CCT build, either the Diamond or the Topaz would be useful.

Depending on what you need most: Diamond for CDR (Increased Damage dealt) or Topaz for RCR (Reduced Damage taken).

Cubing Leoric’s Crown would only give you 25% CDR or RCR. Whereas, cubing Pride’s Fall would give you 30% RCR.

So, if you need to do more Damage, go with Leoric’s Crown in the Cube and a Diamond in your Helm. If you need more Toughness, go with Pride’s Fall in the Cube and a Topaz in your Helm. If you need both, cube Pride’s Fall and put a Diamond in your Helm. :wink:

Yeah. I don’t think I need Seethe anyway. I never get low on Resource. (Hatred or Discipline). So, switching Vengeance to Dark Heart would make up for not having the Visage of Gunes in the Cube.

I’ll have to try this out in my next game session. :+1:

1 Like

Assume you are using Squirt and Gizzard, more DR helps to withstand minor damage and keep Squirt stack.

I have imported my profile into d3planner.
Assume Topaz in helm. Pride’s Fall is better than Crown in terms of RCR and therefore more DR.

Also, more RCR means you can shoot more frequently before hatred exhaust. i.e. you can bump more to attack speed and thus increase DPS. (bear in mind the break points.)

However, Visage of Gunes (Dark Heart) gives best DR.

Better to load your profile into d3planner.com and play around.
You may also need to test them in real game play.

Diamond.
Diamond + 2 RCR slots is better than Topaz + 2 CDR slots because In the first case you can replace RCR with offensive stats if you want. But depending on other equipment you can you the second variant (for example, if you get very good DML with CDR).

The idea is that you use drop the Seeth rune from your active Vengeance skill and replace it with Dark Heart, because you’ll have enough RCR to keep the Hatred up, so you don’t need the additional Hatred regeneration from Seeth.

I know this option. But I used to like the generation as well. :slight_smile:

Recently, I rolled attack speed on Yang to get to next breakpoint. The hatred starts lowering, slowly. I think I’ll keep seethe. Though, not necessary cube Visage of Gunes, but it is an option.

I like the CC set because it opens up more possibilities. Allow more different combinations for different play styles.

3 Likes

IMO, you’ll lose out on too many MS’s if you don’t run seethe. The 20% RCR you get from CC3 also has diminishing returns, thus isn’t granting us as much comfort as we believe it is. Each time you have to shoot a generator, the more damage you lose out on, mainly due to the attack speed difference of generators not getting the 50% from yangs. You’ll be spending nearly half the time through out a rift generating hatred, and that’s not good.

Keep in mind that before the patch, people sometimes ran cindercoat, which provided 30% RCR to fire skills and they still ran seethe.

1 Like

That’s not my experience. I just got out of a game session where I changed my build. I no longer have Visage of Gunes in the Cube and I changed Seethe on Vengeance to Dark Heart.

Before the change, I barely used any Hatred. After the change, I still barely use any Hatred.

Most of the time I alternate between Evasive Fire and Multishot. Many times I fire off 2x2. And in the toughest battles I may even fire off 4 to 6 Multishot attacks before firing a couple of Evasive Fire attacks. In all cases, I never use much Hatred.

But, whatever works best for you, that’s what you should go with. :beer:

@Perusoe
You should also read this:

With Seethe, you can keep firing MS; almost no need to fire EF. The more MS, the more damage you make.
If your APS is 2, then 2 EF need 1 second; which translate to 3 MS shoots. Your 2x2 could become 0x4, or in English: double damage.

Edit: That’s why I always said, F&R bonus is less than 2.25x because you must fire generator every 5 seconds.

1 Like

And this is my deficiency as I don’t get into studying the game mechanics like I should. So, I admit, there’s much I miss out on.

Interesting variation you have with your Seasonal Demon Hunting build.

Thanks for the clarification. :beer:

Time to do some more tweaking. :thinking:

Since UE requires RoRG in cube and we lose CoE, it is important to maintain a consistent barrage of MS downrange. No more spamming during the CoE cycle.

It is still important to time Wolf with a bit of MS spamming, and even better if we can hit a red/oculus circle when we cast Wolf. But in general, the more MS we put at the beasties, the faster the progress bar moves

Failed my 101 attempt last night (another quickie session) with a time of 15:00:816

Literally thought I had it as the time hit 0 but it didn’t give it to me.

I was running with the F&R set I managed to make useful, the primal HFA and tried with 85 stricken vs BotP.

The only good thing was I finally got an ancient Yang - not great but rolled a nice 195 leg bonus 49% RCR and 23% AD. Only 9 disc but the damage roll was so low I opted to roll that (figuring better than 3 disc) and got it pretty decent after 2 rerolls with Myriam…oh yeah and finally hit 800 paragon.

Want to say it is like a 30% bump in DPS so I feel like the 101 and higher is going down soon…not bad considering zero augments…

If I can get decent Squirts I will try that again too after leveling a Gizzard - I ran it in d3planner and freaking out about the massive damage boost at full stacks…may also play with emeralds over diamonds in a few slots.

Now to grind a better DML…

1 Like

Wow! Just… wow!

I can’t believe the difference this has made. Thank you again, Maskraider! :beer:

I still need some tweaking to do and some better alternative Rings. But, the difference so far is amazing.

I’ve swapped Evasive Fire and Multishot on the Action Bar. MS is now on my LMB, which I spam constantly, just popping EF occasionally. :wink:

Not really. Dump the Bastions of Will (Focus/Restraint). Equip a decent CoE and another Legendary Ring and you’re good to go. :+1:

Edit: Also thanks to DiEoxidE! :clinking_glasses: