UE Multishot in 2.6.6

That is one possibility, but not quite the optimum one. Thanks though :slight_smile:

Might I suggest dropping Leech for Single Out passive?

And i’d rather not be a slave to the 4 second CoE window…so F&R will likely remain for me.

1 Like

I’m missing something here, your gear is not that much different than mine in terms of sheet DPS and paragon (my numbers are a little higher but not by that much). I am able to solo GR100s in about 4.5-5.5 minutes with UE although my spec uses Gizzard + Squirts. Either that makes a HUGE difference or there is some playstyle thing going on here.

Are 5min GR100 solo runs with UE with under 1k paragon not typical?

I don’t want to blame your gameplay skill PMG but I want to understand where the discrepancy is coming from! Perhaps there was a typo and you meant GR111?

You know, I’ve never liked the idea of using Single Out, even with builds that recommended it. I don’t know why though. For some reason, I always thought it was a single-target Passive Skill. Looking at the description, I see I was wrong.

Typically, I would use Ambush. But, on those rare occasions when I get myself in trouble, Leech has a way of getting me out of those second-shot deaths. :wink:

I’ll give Single Shot a try. It actually looks like it might be a nice complement to Zei’s Stone of Vengeance.

Thanks. :beer:

I feel the same way about BoW. Every build I play uses it. Personally, I’m glad to be free of it.

But, it’s a matter of preference. So, if you’d rather use BoW, go for it. :+1:

I second the use of singled out. The 20 yards factor extends from the center footprint of the mob, not the entire model. This means you can have a bunch of fatties clumped together and singled out will probably be active on all of them (spiders are good for this).

Especially with squirts being a thing and having to play more passive, singled out is more active than ever. Also, Singled out is a stronger overall passive than Ambush. I created a thread with videos a year back showing this very thing.

If defense is something you consider, then leech passive is probably the worst of the choices you could have picked. If you’re running gizzard, the idea is to keep that shield up as much as possible. Leech does absolutely nothing for the shield, and even when the shield is down, the insane life regen of gizzard should be more than enough to get you to full hp very quickly.

Your best bet for defensive passives is numbing traps. The 25% DR works for your shield as well and all you have to do to make it active is fire MS (it activates off of thrill of the hunt). Awareness is an option, but if you’re not playing HC, it more often than not, creates bad habits that can be alleviated by just being more aware. The irony :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember when Awareness was like Sharpshooter but for dodge chance. That would actually make it more useful with Squirts provided you let it recharge enough between dodges.

ROFLMAO

Yep it’s partially that I suck…and not afraid to admit it and yes I mean 101.

Remember, the Yang’s on my profile now is the upgrade and I went from like 1.04mil sheet to 1.4mil by equipping it after the run. I also forgot to swap Ambush to Single Out after messing with ambush on some rifts).

And absolutely Squirt’s makes a difference. I played around in d3planner and with current gear my MS (w/veng & wolf buffs) is

Damage: 533,261,122,705
Rocket Damage: 888,768,537,842
Total Damage: 1,422,029,660,548
DPS: 4,266,088,981,643
Breakpoint: 20 frames

With a Squirt’s 9at full stacks) at say 19fire/650/99chd (like the one on my NS toon) it’s…

Damage: 1,018,935,720,541
Rocket Damage: 1,698,226,200,902
Total Damage: 2,717,161,921,443
DPS: 8,151,485,764,330
Breakpoint: 20 frames

I’d say that’s a HUGE difference…and if I can get a Squirt’s close the above I’ll be swapping out the HFA.

I definitely am not the most skilled player by a longshot so I’m not always getting all my buffs (like Zeis)…but I’m happy with where my toon is at and looking forward to pushing higher.

1 Like

Hence my being bummed the primal HFA I rolled had that as a passive (but as I mentioned, better than a completely useless roll).

I’ve decided that the Squirts/Prides Fall combo is the schoolyard bully of UE combos. Super tough and in your face until someone bloodies his nose, then folds like a wet napkin.

2 Likes

Yeah. I just got out of a game session where I’ve been using it. I’m impressed. I think I’ll keep it. :wink:

I did not know that. Thanks for clarifying. :beer:

Interesting. The only thing I can think of swapping it with is Cull the Weak. So, I’d be sacrificing some Damage for Defense. I’ll have to play around with this and see which I like best. Of course, finding some better versions of my current gear would help too, I think.

Nah. I don’t use Awareness. On my Normal Characters I just get up, brush myself off and keep going. If I get my HC Demon Hunter killed, I figure I deserved it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. :+1:

1 Like

You can definitely push into the 105-110 range with your gear just practice. i would probably roll the vit on your dml to MS damage. and work on getting better boots (no move speed) and an ancient chest.
Speed run whatever you can in the 3-5min range for shard and mats and gem levels. Then get the gems to 100 for augments and you’ll be pushing higher in no time.

Got my 101 down last night. Nice Squirts dropped for me but i nearly exhausted mats trying to get 20% fire (not one single fire roll in probably 100 tries)…my gizzard was 40 at the time…

HUGE difference, I slowed down and focused on avoiding the poke/tick damage and got 'er done.

Jumped into a 102 and had 4+ min left when I got to the RG - Agnidox and I failed because the stupid ground effect thing was one shotting me every freaking time and I couldn’t figure how to avoid it.

@Merlin - yeah, I know my boots are lame with Movespeed but haven’t gotten a better drop (even non-ancient), not a single ancient chest has dropped for me this season (well, 1 did with hatred and sentry damage and no disc)…i’m not ready yet to drop the vit on the DML, but I’m grinding for one of those too…

1 Like

Thanks to all here in this thread. You have helped me figure out the various builds that I will be using this season for the UE Multishot.

For pushing I will use Squirts Necklace with FR and the gems of Powerful or Stricken, Trapped and Zei’s. This setup is best played with a bit of a laid back style. Only vaulting when needed to get out of harms way, possibly grouping up enemies if needed, and to reposition to get better damage from circles.

Now for speedy GRs I will only make a change in the gems and passives swapping out defensive and the Thrill passive for ones that help in speedy builds. For gems I will only use Zei’s, Powerful and Gizzard. I will be able to play aggressively vaulting often as I destroy the mobs. Along with switching Wraps for Nem’s.

Now for speedy Normal Rifts and Bounties is still an aggressive style like before. Where the only changes are in rings and one gem. Gizzard will give way to Boon of the Hoarder. FR will give way to Elusive Ring (helps with the damage reduction loss from Squirts along with Avarice ban that holds Boon of the Hoarder. Zei’s and Powerful still get the call as the remaining two gems.

I have tested both speedy specs and can keep the benefit of Squirt’s most of the time. I do believe in time I might learn how to keep it up all of the time.

With the pushing spec I only have one passive that is not like the rest that helps with pushing and that is dropping Cull of the Weak to pick up Awareness. It works just fine and I feel that Squirt will more than make up for the loss of Cull of the Weak.

All I have to do now is keep playing and improving my personal best throughout the rest of this season, or as long as I want to play this season. Thanks again for all of your help.

1 Like

For speed GR’s I use the Wreath of Lightening Gem over Gizzard, add Hot Pursuit passive and Krems Belt in the cube. Maybe not the most efficient, but a lot of fun :slight_smile:

Don’t use Bane of the Powerful for pushing GR’s.
You onyl use Bane of the Powerful for speed GR and bounties/normal rifts.
For pushing GR’s you use Zei’s, Stricken and Trapped.

Now are you telling me that the switch to stricken is when I am trying to go higher than my highest clear. I thought that others said that you only switch to stricken when it is taking you longer to kill the RG. Something that you have to decide for yourself.

If there is a cut and dry time then please inform me so I will know the right time to switch.

What I meant in this context is that when you go into higher level GR’s that you can do with maybe less than a minute of time to finish, because that is what I thought you mean by pushing.

And yes, you also should switch to Stricken when it takes too long to kill the RG.

These things are not mutually exclusive depending of what definitions you use for what you are trying to describe.

The point with Stricken is imho, that you have to adapt your playstyle as well. You can’t just switch from BotP to BotS and get 1 or 2 GR higher.

By my experience, this change in playstyle happens (up to some degree) automatically. When doing speeds with UE, or moderate GRs in 5-10 minutes, you kill almost everything. Because walking without killing is a waste of time. And pulling monsters together is also just a waste of time.

When you push (GR in 12-18 minutes, sometimes failing), you don’t kill everything. Because you don’t get enough progress by killing a single monster. And preparing your battlefield by pulling monsters together before attacking and killing them all at once is worth it.

By this you start to make more use of Area Damage, which is a great stat for pushing, but almost useless in speeds. But when you focus on Area Damage on your gear, and use a play style to make good use of it, you will notice kind of a “damage loss” on the RG. You make good progress during the rift, but at the end AD doesn’t work, and you’re fighting a single RG. And thats the point when Stricken comes into play. Then you lose some damage during the Rift itself, but get a huge boost at the end.

At which point you “should” switch, is a tough question. I never used Stricken so far, as I just can’t (or don’t want to) adapt my playstyle so that it’s worth it. When I “push”, I need 2-3 minutes on the RG, and so far I cleared GR112 in Season (almost only solo, P1290). It’s not that bad to play without BotS, imho. :wink:

4 Likes

After burning out playing UE MS to start the season (mostly got sick of running bounties), and switching to Captain America Crusader, because I’d never played Crusader before, I jumped back on the DH and blazed through 90 in about 4 minutes last night.

Looks like it might be time to have another push on the DH and see if I can break the 100 barrier.

Lots of good info here guys, keep up the good work.

1 Like

With 4 min 90’s you’ll have that 100 in no time. GL and have a blast getting there :slight_smile: