UE Multishot in 2.6.6

I’ve almost completed Season 18 with my Normal Demon Hunter, Zoey. (One Conquest left).

I decided to spend some time on my Hardcore side and rebirthed Pirotess yesterday. She is currently wearing:

1. Demon’s Hide
  2. Captain Crimson’s Trimmings
  3. Sage’s Journey

She’s only on Torment III, but she can stand in the middle of a group of Sand Wasps “machine-gunning” her while surrounded by Arcane Lasers and Cold mobs without getting a scratch on her.

She’s doing quite well considering Zoey already collected her free Set, so Pirotess is having to farm hers.

Edit: Of course, I realize that once she gets her Unhallowed Set, she won’t be able to use Sage’s and Captain Crimson’s.

I farmed with sages for just a bit at the beginning of the season but really with the bottleneck for crafting actually being souls I switched. CC works great and I have more than 6k DBs waiting on my 300 souls

DBs are usually used to upgrade rares so I don’t see why souls would be the bottleneck for crafting unless you meant reforging, but reforging doesn’t use DBs.

Would someone please help me out here with the new UE Multishot build. My seasonal DH is the one with the new setup. I have done the best that I could using the D3 planner to lower the amount of times that I have gotten killed but still feel that I could do more damage. I am not sure what passives and gem setups are good. Icy-Veins helps but I know it isn’t totally accurate because it leaves out some options that would be good.

I don’t know the best setup to get the most damage but still cancel the increased damage taken from Squirt’s. There are so many good ideas here not sure which one is best for me.

I am the type of player that loves to be a strong damage tough build. Glass cannons are not good for me because I know I will be getting the character killed more often.

1 Like

@ShadowAegis
IMHO, if using Squirt, better to use Gizzard gem.
You have very low resistances. Diamonds in chest and pants will help.
I also use Topaz on helm to further reduce damage thanks to CC3.
I don’t use Awareness and Blood Vengeance; they are unnecessary.
My EU DH cleared GR100 in 10:49 without trying to push.

Edit: I have saved my build here for your reference.

1 Like

Your current profile looks like a “speed variant” (with Blood Vengeance and Tactical Advantage), but without the usual boon of the hoarder.

For better results I would

• replace Nemesis with Wraps of Clarity
  • switch to fire (passives Ballistics, Cull the Weak, Thrill of the Hunt, 4th: Awareness or Steady Aim, maybe Single Out)
  • Replace Emeralds with Diamonds in armor
  • craft new Boots (with AllRes and MS damage)
  • Use Ramaladnis on Yang (first reroll the socket to something else, like LoH)
  • Get a new quiver with MS, CHC (and maybe vitality?)
  • new rings with CHC and CHD

Regarding Gizzard: It’s a very nice gem. However I am still not convinced that it’s the best gem for every kind of player, even with using Squirts. I for one like Gogok very much.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply I need to tell you that Blood Vengeance is my speed spec.

Thanks for the reply it is my speedy GR spec I use to level gems for either augments or leveling gems that I might need. I will take both of your suggestions and give them a try,

Doesn’t matter for speed or not, Yang+CC+Topaz on helm, gives a lot of resource reduction. Even you vault a lot, you won’t run out of hatred and disc.
I even swapped CC to Sage and completed T16 rift in under 4 min. and got a guardian achievement (unintentionally).
But, just my preference. Enjoy.

Which gem is the best for the helm slot?
Topaz, Amethyst or Diamond?

I already have enough CDR so the question is shall I get even more CDR for more damage, Amethyst for 23% life or Topaz for more damage reduction?

Also which is better for defense? Topaz or Amethyst?

thx

For speed (2-3min) variant you usually don’t use control. Trill of the Hunt applies Slow after the damage (from arrows) is calculated, so it’s not very useful.
You needn’t additional toughness from Elusive Ring. CoE gives you less damage than BoW even if you don’t use generator.

Gems: Gizzard, Zei’s, BotP,
Passives: Ballistics, Blood Vengeance, Tactical Advantage. The last is Awareness/Steady Aim/Hot Pursuit.
Jewels: Focus/Restraint/Squirt

With this setup you usually almost don’t use generator except for damage bonus against RG and very tough elites. If you feel squishy put Visage in the Cube.
Reroll Vit on the helm to MS %.
You must kill mobs very fast (1-2 shots for trash and few more for elites) so you needn’t LoH.
Try to get Yang’s and DML with good legendary affixes (close to 200).

For high GR add control (BotT, Cull the Weak, Thrill of the Hunt) and some toughness (Wraps of Clarity instead of Nemesis).

p.s. Change runes: MS → Arsenal, Evasive Fire → Hardened, Companion → Boar.

1 Like

I did mean reforge. Seems more efficient to try and get an ancient/primal from a reforge of the item you exactly want vs trying to 1:pull the item you want from a pool of them then 2: hope it rolls ancient/primal.
That’s basically what I use my shards for. But I suppose I can see the benefit of both.
I’m sure there’s some good data out there on what’s more efficient.

I usually use “legendary to legendary” for weapons/amulets and “gamble then convert all rares to legendaries” for quivers.

Are you saying that I shouldn’t worry about keeping the full BoW buff up at all times? Also right now I am in the process of leveling my Gizzard.

You are saying to just change the passives to make it a speedy fire spec right.

I will keep LoH till I get the Gizzard gem leveled.

Thanks I will be giving it a try. I like the idea of Gizzards better than Gogok because I don’t think that I would get enough damage and defense.

Gizzards vs Gogok is a play style choice. I really enjoy Gogok, but Gizzard works better for the way I play.

Someone has already responded to that, but here is my input as well:

Active skills: are fine, but go either with physical or fire rune for MS.

Cube: Dawn, Visage of Gunes (very important if you wanna be tougher !!!), Ring of Royal Grandure.

Passives: Ambush, Thrill of the Hunt, Cull the Weak, Ballistics (if you use fire rune on MS), otherwise Steady Aim or Awareness, alternatively Leech if you have problems with sustain.

Items:

• Focus & Restraint (massive damage bonus),
  • if you don’t wanna be squishy swap out the Squirts for something with %elemental damage, CHC + CHD, preferably a Hellfire Amulet/Immunity Amulet/Flavor of Time,
  • Wraps of Clarity - bracers (very important if you wanna be tougher and also shares a rotation with F&R)

The rest is just standard improvements like rerolling certain affixes. The most important stuff for you to be more tanky is Visage of Gunes in the cube and Wraps of Clarity in the bracer slot.

Yes.

1. It’s not so profitable when you kill trash in 1-2 shots.
  2. It’s one more thing to watch and on 2min fasts I pay more attention to moving (map, mobs and so on).

But on higher levels that take 4+ min I’m trying to keep full BoW bonus.

Cull the Weak, Thrill of the Hunt → Blood Vengeance, Tactical Advantage
Bane of the Trapped → Bane of the Power
Wraps of Clarity → Nemesis

There’s a simple rule you can use. Find a GR level that you can do fast. Then increase level every time when you’ve done it under 2 min. This is good for farming starting equipment and Forgotten Souls. For paragon it’s better to find a level that you can do in 4-5min.

I use physical rune for Rifts on T16. With Squirt’s Necklace and Envious Blade it allows me to one-shot all except RG. I also replace generator to Shadow Power for additional movement bonus.
I like the gameplay: keep down “move” key, press “shadow power” key every 2 sec, when you see enemies click RMB once to clear the total screen.
But you must not use Vengeance because it disables the bonus of Envious Blade. I take Vengeance with Dark Heart rune and use it only against RG.
You need a lot of discipline to keep Shadow Glide bonus on: topaz in helm. pride’s fail, rcr on shoulders. I also replace Vault rune to Acrobatics that doesn’t spend Discipline (I use it mainly right after touching a shrine). And you needn’t cdr. CHC is much less important because it’s useful only against RG. This build is very easy to equip because you need just one roll on every item (2 rolls on amulet): CHD or % to MS or % Phys Damage or RCR.
I don’t use CC set in this setup. I use goldwrap and avarice.

1 Like

Hello there. I guess this is the right place to ask because we are talking about the new 2.6.6 DH UE.
My seasonal profile (EU servers): http[]://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Drullo321-2873/hero/96809967

I’m no newbie but I’m asking myself about stat priority with fire damage. Assume the standards are met (permanent vengeance, standard chc, chd, etc.) and you have an additional reroll, which is the best bet?

Attack Speed (Are there certain breakpoints)?
Cooldown Reduction (CaptainCrunch additional damage)?
Area Damage (even worth with Fire)?

Specific example would be my current DH seasonal gloves where I rerolled dexterity to something else but I wasn’t sure which one I should take.

Cooldown Reduction gives very little additional damage.

You can use d3planner to check breakpoints.

Area Damage is useful only for pushes.

I think sometimes we get caught up in the “gotta have 100% uptime on XXXX” or I’ll fail…

I’ve been running UE/CC with EW and COE since I’ve yet to get a decent set of even non-ancient F&R rings let alone a solid HFA…and while it’s not ideal to use EW when you have to vault a lot, I do find that with CC I’m able to stand still more and get that damage ramp up especially if I can semi work it around the Fire COE and an overlapping red triune/oculus (elites just melt then)…

I don’t like Squirts and the micromanaging, much better IMO for the stutter step studs who can avoid everything.

I have a decent UE/CC/Squirts on my better geared NS, but will likely be dropping it when done with S18.