Twenty years ago

Considering how his other ventures into rpg games have gone, I kind of wonder how much it was the rest of the team that made D2 come together instead of just the guy with the popular name.

1 Like

https://www.igdb.com/games/diablo-ii/credits

1 Like

Lots of names on that list that nobody knows what and how they contributed :slight_smile:

Weak parenting breeds weak offspring. I remember when I was a kid and played soccer (football for some), and we lost a tournament and got a trophy anyway.

I was enraged. That still bothers me to this day and that was 20+yrs ago.

Took all the hardwork and dedication of the other team and threw it away (they deserved the win). And it took the minor suffering we had by losing and instead of turning it into a burning passion to do better, just kinda left you feeling limp.

The people who enjoyed that, now have kids of their own and can vote. It’s terrifying. And the parents that fought for that stupid thing…ugh I wish I could swear on this forum. Disgusting.

Take the competition out of everything and make everyone “equal”. No such thing, some are better than others, such is life. I never be in the Olympics but I can find my niche elsewhere.

3 Likes

Another example of trying to derail the thread to troll based on having no sound argument to refute an option for personal loot.

1 Like

Don’t have to refute anything. FFA is diablo 2.

Every ploot theory has sucked and been shot down.

what game had personal/instanced loot back then?

It’s actually quite surprising to see people so desperately calling for personal loot. I’ve played D2 online for around fourteen years and never even heard the term “personal loot” until reading these forums. It leads one to wonder who these players are and where they are coming from. They certainly don’t seem to represent the literal thousands of players I’ve encountered over my years of playing.

1 Like

Why is anyone crying for personal loot when you can be geared in 1 week with FFA.

They act like they have crap gear forever. Lol

1 Like

Oh you know, just the bigger diablo game called Diablo 3 that has been around for over 9 years and also Path of Exile.

1 Like

could you name one in a similar genre?

1 Like

I highly doubt they can name an online game in a similar genre (ARPG) that had it back then in 2000. They stated games had it, so where is all their evidence to back up their claims? lol…

that’s your lack of experience not the lack of it being asked for. I asked for a group loot or round robin type option on the d2 forums in 2005 after wow and guildwars introduced me to them.

2 Likes

In a similar genre?

Not that I can think of.

I did not claim there were arpgs that had that style of loot though.

okay name one not in the same genre

Everquest had need/greed did it not?

nope it did have it later in some new loot system called like advanced loot or something idk i quit by then

1 Like

^This is what you wrote to refute our responses.

1 Like

“In some games” is not the same as “in other arpgs” last I checked.

^You used that quote to try to invalidate what I said lol. You replied to me with it. Take the L, you are wrong.