TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

I doubt people will come back just to do seasons. You overestimate the amount of people who like refarming gear over and over with little gimmicks that try and change it up every few months. Its not fun.

Nobody will play just because a salt streamer comes back. The gameplay loop itself is stale; how many times can you do a grift? How many times can you leave a grift because of no pylons, poor density, or bad mob types before it gets annoying?

So the only way that it does have an affect if prizes such as money or trophies are involved. Where it is an official tournament competition. Otherwise you don’t have to play fair and can cheat as much as you want. No that doesn’t cut it because it still affects others gaming experience. They see those on the leader boards that have obviously been botting with impunity. That causes some to think that they can get away with it. Encouraging more botting instead of discouraging it.

They do have a right to say what you can and cannot do while you are playing one of their games. And turbohud is such a program because it is not like virus software or other non video game software. It is for D3 and only for D3.

You are just setting up a straw man to get Blizz to let people use it. The same argument can be made for botting as well. So even though you say that you don’t support any kind of cheaters, with your very own words you show otherwise.

Nope, but it would be the same as giving everyone 0.

But i can see a system where they remove paragon entirely work. I dont think banning accounts is an option at this point. So we’ll see.

Beside introduction a non-paragon system right now is a good way to test it. So they can use it in D4.

Actually no, im not encouraging people to cheat, i said what i said to protect a persons right to do what they want with their own property in the privacy of their own home.
Call me old school but i dont take kindly to people telling me what to do with my own things, unless it directly affects someone else, which does not include another persons mental state / feelings.

I can fully understand, if someone was altering the Diablo client and affecting the Diablo servers directly, even more so if it affects other peoples gameplay, as i already stated, the need to punish and remove such things and people from the game.

oh and as for " to get Blizz to LET people use it" …thats irrelevant. As a 3rd party ‘reading’ program (if thats what it is) Blizz has no control over if a person uses it. Unless they employ invasive scanning, which can eventually be circumvented anyway. They can however do what i suggested, which is removing the data being scanned for.

1 Like

Just because I say it is okay for me to use cheating software let me use it. Just because the cheating software doesn’t change the client or server let me use it because that makes it okay.

Look using cheating programs are similar to using mods in other games that lets you make them and use them online. At any time GGG could say that they will stop supporting loot filters. Loot filters are not actually affecting the server or altering the client. Now do you see what I am saying

They want people to play fair all of the time. Where it isn’t just when you have a big tournament competition. No, they want it to be all of the time. They want Blizz to enforce one if their keystones play fair. That is their right to eventually fully enforce it in this game regardless of what you think about it.

Do you really think that they need a deeply invasive scanning to find TurboHud. I don’t think so, if I knew how to program things I could no doubt give them a way to tell if Turbohud was being used. I would have to learn more about TurboHud and do some investigating by actually having it and use it for a while. It might be a little harder if I need to do some hacking into the overlay to see how it could show itself to a detector program like Warden.

And if TurboHud users are similar to steam users that when you are using TurboHud the makers of the overlay know you are using it. Which means that they track how many people are using TurboHud. If such a tracking system is available then use it against the player to catch them without being invasive.

Or even worse, if I decide not to go that route and go the route of breaking it by knowing how it works. Making a program that would break it that would work well with the game. Program broken beyond repair means no more users of TurboHud.

If they do this, then you have to ask will this cause more lag as each and every monster, tile set, etc… has to be put on your computer as you are moving through the game. I think that breaking it would be far easier.

I bet you’re fun at parties, loser stiff.

Its all good i didnt come here to change any1’s mind.

If thats your opinion ur welcome to it ofc.

My point was not whether its ‘cheating’ but whether it affects others in any meaning full way. it someone wants to ‘cheat’ thats their choice, always has been since day dot …remember ActionReply codes ? probably not …but hey, they were cheat codes sold in stores and included in magazines :stuck_out_tongue:

With the “leaderboards” in D3 being what they are, i dont see how a program like Turbohud (if its only a map overlay) has any affect on anothers gaming experience, and as such shouldnt be something that should be worried about.

On top of that I shall always endeavor to protect a persons individual rights. In this case the right to use what ever program they want on their PC so long as it doesnt affect others in any meaningfully negative way.

Im of … have a nice day/evening/night/morning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blizzard team, I’d just like to warn you that you still have old players who were at time mvps / community leaders still playing this game.

These are the same players that used turbohud on your behalf to research mechanic bugs and support the gaming communities especially before the start of seasons and ranked ladders.

These people were your Q/A team.

Banning permanently for turbohud may be a bit extreme as a first time offense, I highly suggest that you give a major announcement / warning, short grace period, then start doing permanent bans. Or a temp ban as a warning, then a permanent one.

Just saying, don’t stab some of your most important players in the back from years ago over a end of life game.

I’m all for leveling the gaming field and I too this day hate having to avoid playing in teams because of turbohud. The game has changed and ranked ladders can not coexist with turbohud complete features.

At the same time, follow through. Be consistent. Be affective. Be impactful. Don’t bother if this going to happen once every six months to a year.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Any plans to address 3rd party hacks on console? Save wizard is rampant and kills the game for many. The dashboard reroll is bad enough but you still had to grind. With Save wizard your given everything but paragon. There is no “grey” area of QOL improvements like people claim THUD offers it is straight up cheating.

In the original Diablo III forums before the update/cleansing there was a blue post stating “Turbohud is not ‘currently’ bannable but, this may change in the future so use at your own risk.”; This has always been per-team opinion.

The longer more dedicated players of this game will quit if TurboHud is out right banned, Not just the Top of the leader-board players due to lack of Diablo team caring to manage the game for us correctly.

Imagine a game running 7 years and you still have to rely on 3rd party software to determine your DPS because portrait damage doesn’t include elemental, skill, and item damage.

Also, MrsCheetah mentioned this as if it was different than WoW Addons only because it reads the memory? Then lets compare to WoW addons
Atlas World Map and Questie: map overlay with icons.
Deadly Boss Mods: Boss event timers.
OmniCC, OmniBar, and BattleGroundEnemies: track other self/team/enemy skills, and cooldowns.
Details! DMC: displays damage and healing done.
Arkinv and Bagnon: item management.
HHTD: marks support team/enemy.

These are the same no?

ps. Hamelin could use a boss kill message.

2 Likes

The effect is in team play and composition. The barb and monk were expected to play with it. The dps were expected to be highest paragon (most likely botting).

So how it works is, you play in teams to level your gems to the highest level possible.

Then solo your class on the leaderboards with gear / paragon / gems from 4 man parties.

You see how this now affects everyone on every leaderboard ranking.

I stopped playing in the top clans in season 4. Actually got kicked out for being one of the two non turbohud/botting players in one of the top clans at the time.

Now if you’d are purely a solo player, then I agree it didn’t matter, but it’s hard to differentiate who you are competing with (with the same set of self imposed rules - ssf server please.)

1 Like

TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

it gives an advantage in MP, so that’s my reason also.

If you are using it it allows you to progress through a rift faster than what I can do because I don’t use it. Reducing time spent in a GR means a faster clear and possibly even a higher GR clear due to the information that the overlay tells you. Thus putting you higher than me on the leader boards. That is not meaningful. Oh wait it isn’t to you because they don’t include some prizes like a tournament.

You might not see it as meaningful and it is okay then for you to use TurboHud and even bot because both don’t affect others game play at all. Because the leader boards are not tournament leader boards, oh btw they are official leader boards because they are in the game made by the devs of the game so that makes them official even though they are non tournament.

You can use whatever you want to justify cheating that others do as much as you please.

We don’t know what kind of blog posts on TurboHud will arise so something along those lines could still happen. But for now I will take his comment here as a warning, due to it being made that way.

Are the ones still playing still using it. Does it have ways of finding bugs that no one else would ever find. If it does then maybe Blizz can find a way of using it for their Q&A team

I am sure that TurboHud isn’t so important that players cannot adapt to the change of it becoming a bannable offense.

You do know about D3 planner right. It is way more accurate than sheet numbers. Besides I never really need sheet numbers. I just jump into either normal rifts or GRs and I will know basically the GR or normal rift that I can handle.

1 Like

There are a lot of non thud players that quit over the years because of the restricted options at end game.These players are most likely not coming back either.

The non thud player in the top clans just doesn’t exist. And for quite some time.

I agree with you that it will negatively impact the current population. I’m not sure if the cure is worse than the disease at this point.

That being said, does it matter at this point anyway?

3 Likes

Send all proof of infractions to hacks team.
hacks@blizzard.com

Imho:
THUD is technically a cause for Temporary Suspension.
However, a lot of what I hear that THUD can do should be have been in the game in the first place.

Maybe the UI modifications are in D4 or similar 3rd party apps are officially supported.

TurboHud’s UI customization made the game more enjoyable to me. I also liked the more detailed mini map which made rifts feel more like active player navigation vs. blind dumb luck.

I agree that tiny fraction of the player base that is competing for leaderboards should have an even playing ground, which is why I feel all those fun features should be built into the game so everyone has them equally.

Until that day, I think people should keep in mind that D3 has sold tens of millions of copies, and more than 99.999% of those players are not on a leaderboard. Decisions needs to be around fun first, not any psuedo competition BS that is not remotely relevant to the vast, vast, vast majority of the people who have bought the game.

2 Likes

I don 't condone cheaters as well, but I am also not a team player
I hate playing multiplayer, so I play solo (unless there is something in season journey that is too hard for me to do so)

I do not play D3 for Leaderboards (never have, never will)
I personally think its a waste of time so to each there own on that

TurboHud (is just extra info (most of which you could implement yourself @Devs) with a builtin Map Hack
^---- From what I can tell by watching youtube videos on it

I do not know about botters

I also find is retarded that Consoles got an offline version of the game, while we’re stuck with the online-only even in what is [quote] [unquote] single-player experience.

I played D2 and after I beat that I played it again with the MedianXL Mod which made the game not only harder but also added things into the game (enemies, snow, effects, etc. )

Would be cool to see something like that for D3

2 Likes

So happy to hear that! Sometimes I have a feeling that there’r more bots in the game then real players…

Social pressures didn’t allow me to do this.

Half of the people are good real life friends that I have met at Blizzcon. They didn’t want me kicked out.

The other half were paranoid. And you are right those people I should have reported.

That being said they have been banned over the last few years for botting anyway.

jebaited. hes 2.6k paragon currently and got booted from one of the top clans? Lol.