Trust level importance

You also need to include the 2 expansions Hellfire and Lord of Destruction. (I still have all of them.)

5 Likes

i have lod never got hellfire for some odd reason.

I even had the old PlayStation CD for Diablo 1 but because an ex-girlfriend thought I was paying more attention to it than her, she scratched it up with a hairbrush and didnā€™t tell me until I finally realized why the game wouldnā€™t start.

Wow, I hadnā€™t thought about her for damn near 20 years. Now I wish I could forget again. lol

2 Likes

you get trust level 5 then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I could care less. Not in often enough to get anything higher and not in need of what comes from higher levels. Iā€™d put the higher level content to good use if simply handed over, but I certainly have no need to ā€˜earnā€™ it.

1 Like

What exactly is this trust level thing?

2 Likes

A summary of trust levels is below.

6 Likes

Some trust should also be transferred from the old forum for those select posters who contributed to the community in the form of guides, mechanic analysis, builds, player/new player help, etc ā€¦

It doesnā€™t really matter to me ā€¦ I usually post findings and ask or answer questions.

1 Like

It isnā€™t to me. but there are people that will be all over this.
Itā€™s good for some peopleā€™s compulsions.

Not overly important to me. Iā€™m more of a lurker than a poster, and with my internet being spotty where Iā€™m at, I donā€™t even play that much. That said, getting to TL1(which is basically what we had in the old forums) isnā€™t hard if youā€™re a human.

1 Like

Because it was a buggy pile of crap, perhaps?

There was. A very few folks who did guides and such as well as TS/CS MVPs were manually given Tl3 to migrate and update said guides.

For me, itā€™s more of a ā€˜donā€™t need it but if I could have it too, itā€™d be pretty neatā€™ kind of situation, so Iā€™m in no hurry to get to TL3 just yet.

1 Like

Trust Level 2 seems to be the standard I want everyone to have. I want to be able to like posts, and if need be flag posts. I doubt I would ever reach the limit for either, but the thought of me being silenced because I donā€™t muddle about in the forum day in and out bugs me. I donā€™t want to be an apologetic sycophant, begging higher ups for scraps, only to be seen as a spineless toady. Itā€™s sickening, the amount of people ready to throw away their dignity just for some privilege over others. But hey, dog eat dog, turn your fans against one another, itā€™s the oldest trick in the book.

Edit: Hereā€™s a thought, what does Blizzard have to do to get out of Trust Level 0? I am assuming that is why they donā€™t post here to us about their thought process, Diablo Immortal still needs to be discussed, yet they have been mum on the subject. Maybe they need a few more hundred days to reach a Trust Level where they can share with us their plan; preferably in a Wiki Post with animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website.

1 Like

There was one on the first day the new forums were implemented. Was asking for people to buy bitcoin or some other crypto-currency. That got flagged and removed pretty damned quickly though so you may have missed it.

1 Like

I honestly do not mind that much what my personal trust level is at. I am a new player in the game so I use the forums as a resource of information and to talk with people. (Being social, which I find to be nice.)

Having read over what the different trust levels can do, I do not think I ever will ā€œneedā€ trust level 2 and 3 (I am currently at level 1). As I am not one for writing guides or so on, I read the guides! I have read some posts that says a lot of images and so on will slow down their browsing, and I hope that this will not become a problem for many users.

I would not mind it when people ge tto trust level 3 and we can see nice naimated images or regular images to be honest. But I am on a reliable connection on ym phone and PC, so thatā€™s my personal view on this matter.

That said, I hope everyone obtains the trust level they want, on EU or USA forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But thatā€™s not fair! I registered my S2 and LoD keys online and have since lost the discs.

Well, youā€™re always going to find people that will find the loopholes in any system, and play the game for the sake of playing the game.

For example, one place I worked at (in the IT department) decided to base our performance reviews in part on a ā€œcustomers interactionā€ quota. Namely, on how many people we talked to (and presumably helped) on the phone.

The result? We (myself included) just called each other on our work phones, talked about whatever for a few minutes, and then hung up. Instant meeting of our performance quota.

And, no worries, I didnā€™t take your comment as a criticism. We did, at one time, have this problem on the forums a while ago (albeit not recently, since you needed to be logged in with an active account to post on the old forums).

In fact, I salute your attitude of gaming the system. Itā€™s what leads to better systems.

1 Like

That is something right out of the IT Crowd playbook.

Hereā€™s a questionā€¦

How do we find our trust level? o.O