Trust level importance

i have lod never got hellfire for some odd reason.

I even had the old PlayStation CD for Diablo 1 but because an ex-girlfriend thought I was paying more attention to it than her, she scratched it up with a hairbrush and didn’t tell me until I finally realized why the game wouldn’t start.

Wow, I hadn’t thought about her for damn near 20 years. Now I wish I could forget again. lol

2 Likes

you get trust level 5 then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I could care less. Not in often enough to get anything higher and not in need of what comes from higher levels. I’d put the higher level content to good use if simply handed over, but I certainly have no need to ‘earn’ it.

1 Like

What exactly is this trust level thing?

2 Likes

A summary of trust levels is below.

6 Likes

Some trust should also be transferred from the old forum for those select posters who contributed to the community in the form of guides, mechanic analysis, builds, player/new player help, etc …

It doesn’t really matter to me … I usually post findings and ask or answer questions.

1 Like

It isn’t to me. but there are people that will be all over this.
It’s good for some people’s compulsions.

Not overly important to me. I’m more of a lurker than a poster, and with my internet being spotty where I’m at, I don’t even play that much. That said, getting to TL1(which is basically what we had in the old forums) isn’t hard if you’re a human.

1 Like

Because it was a buggy pile of crap, perhaps?

There was. A very few folks who did guides and such as well as TS/CS MVPs were manually given Tl3 to migrate and update said guides.

For me, it’s more of a ‘don’t need it but if I could have it too, it’d be pretty neat’ kind of situation, so I’m in no hurry to get to TL3 just yet.

1 Like

Trust Level 2 seems to be the standard I want everyone to have. I want to be able to like posts, and if need be flag posts. I doubt I would ever reach the limit for either, but the thought of me being silenced because I don’t muddle about in the forum day in and out bugs me. I don’t want to be an apologetic sycophant, begging higher ups for scraps, only to be seen as a spineless toady. It’s sickening, the amount of people ready to throw away their dignity just for some privilege over others. But hey, dog eat dog, turn your fans against one another, it’s the oldest trick in the book.

Edit: Here’s a thought, what does Blizzard have to do to get out of Trust Level 0? I am assuming that is why they don’t post here to us about their thought process, Diablo Immortal still needs to be discussed, yet they have been mum on the subject. Maybe they need a few more hundred days to reach a Trust Level where they can share with us their plan; preferably in a Wiki Post with animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website.

1 Like

There was one on the first day the new forums were implemented. Was asking for people to buy bitcoin or some other crypto-currency. That got flagged and removed pretty damned quickly though so you may have missed it.

1 Like

I honestly do not mind that much what my personal trust level is at. I am a new player in the game so I use the forums as a resource of information and to talk with people. (Being social, which I find to be nice.)

Having read over what the different trust levels can do, I do not think I ever will “need” trust level 2 and 3 (I am currently at level 1). As I am not one for writing guides or so on, I read the guides! I have read some posts that says a lot of images and so on will slow down their browsing, and I hope that this will not become a problem for many users.

I would not mind it when people ge tto trust level 3 and we can see nice naimated images or regular images to be honest. But I am on a reliable connection on ym phone and PC, so that’s my personal view on this matter.

That said, I hope everyone obtains the trust level they want, on EU or USA forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But that’s not fair! I registered my S2 and LoD keys online and have since lost the discs.

Well, you’re always going to find people that will find the loopholes in any system, and play the game for the sake of playing the game.

For example, one place I worked at (in the IT department) decided to base our performance reviews in part on a “customers interaction” quota. Namely, on how many people we talked to (and presumably helped) on the phone.

The result? We (myself included) just called each other on our work phones, talked about whatever for a few minutes, and then hung up. Instant meeting of our performance quota.

And, no worries, I didn’t take your comment as a criticism. We did, at one time, have this problem on the forums a while ago (albeit not recently, since you needed to be logged in with an active account to post on the old forums).

In fact, I salute your attitude of gaming the system. It’s what leads to better systems.

1 Like

That is something right out of the IT Crowd playbook.

Here’s a question…

How do we find our trust level? o.O

Go to your Activity page and just after your btag number replace it with .json

That opens the json file for your profile and gives you lots of info, including your trust level.

Scroll down the page to the groups section to see what groups are you are part of. The highest one is your trust level.

You are trust level 1 right now. Also, any personal information you see on your json file can only be viewed by you (and prob Blizzard). None of us can see the info about your session tokens or location.

1 Like