Trag Blood Nova

Interesting thought…
It would likely need to be positioned as a % base thing, as is the passive that reduces your cooldowns after 100% of life loss.

But I could see this perhaps as a new bracer, belt, or phylactery buff.

After losing 100% of your health, increase damage done by 10% and reduce damage taken by 2% for 10 seconds. Stacks 10 times.

Something like this would be really nice for that extra 100% dmg buff and 20% DR.
It’s also self diminishing, in that the more DR you have, the less likely you are to lose health as quickly, the more likely you are to drop stacks and start over - but you should in theory be able to maintain 100% up time.

It’s also fits with the usual necro power of “don’t get hit before you get your buffs + stacks up, or you’ll die”, but once it’s up you should be pretty tough.

Yes exactly like that. Like how Blood is Power and the new Iron Rose buff works.

Make it 8% just for fun. :grin:

I tried Lornelle’s with the new Trag set.
It is VERY BAD combo ESP with Trag because you are constantly healing.

So you have no idea how much DR you are getting.
Because how siphon blood drains from 3 targets, you heal 36% of your MAX HEALTH per TICK

One tick is about 160 or 1/6th of a second. So in 1 second you will be back at full health.
Its almost impossible to tell how much DR Lornell is giving at a given instant.

Oh boy… here we go again… :laughing:

2 Likes

If you are attacking you are at 100% HP up and down,
giving up COE for Lornell’s very very inconsistent DR because of Trag’s mechanics is a huge DPS loss.

You can check out a guide made by Cratic on youtube.
He cleared 143 at 1.3 Paragon.

There is a very specific attack speed for this build, because the interaction between Siphon Blood and Iron Rose. TLDR, if you IAS is too high, then Iron Rose will skip casts because its not matching the casting frames, it looks like more DPS, but you lose a lot of damage.

Some good ideas here.

I feel it’s a bigger problem, though. The Necromancer is fundamentally broken in D3 in a way it isn’t in other Diablo games. There is this gameplay loop where you kill things to create corpses, use those corpses, and then trigger passives based on doing so. With the set design and dependency on giant multipliers, that just doesn’t work that well in D3. So there are a lot of skills that just don’t work as well as they should, and unfortunately some of those are healing related.

There has been some good criticism on why Trags has become a blood nova set when that skill can be used on other sets. I think the answer is they wanted to stay with this blood mechanic and the interaction between Siphon Blood and Iron Rose became the answer.

If you’re full health, then you don’t really need the DR. Lornelle’s is the cushion that comes into play to save your life from those big hits that could potentially 1 shot you or burn a cheat death. You get DR when it is needed the most, and there are plenty of survivability options for toughness on the necro. The DPS is the sacrifice to make Trag’s survivability key and this is why Trag’s needs more DPS (15000%) and less DR in the patch.

1 Like

I’d rather DR come from the set itself and not from items with already crowded competition for that gear slot. I think increasing the duration and possibly the magnitude of the armor buff granted by blood rush could be “on theme” toward this end and encourage at least some active gameplay conaiderations versus a straight-up passive DR.

As a joke, they could also just invert the DR on the sunstone (full DR at 100% health) as a boon to everyone healing-heavy build lol.

New Patch.
Bloodtide capped at 25 enemies. 10000% max buff

These are nerfs. This is :poop:

looks like they doubled the damage to monsters alone, so they capped it. they are trying to adress the issue with the end boss taking longer to kill then to get to him X2. so they nurffed it on group and made it double on solo but the bosses cast minnions so they are almost never alone, this will be a nerff and still boss will take even too long.

I’m not sure how you’re seeing it as a nerf… you do double damage when there’s only 1 enemy, you are capped at 25 enemies which unless you’re grouping you’re rarely going to see more than anyway. If you get adds with the boss your bloodtide is increasing damage done. 800% vs 400% is equivalent to 100%, so if there’s 1 add you’re doing as much as 0 adds to the boss.

Ultimately, a boss with adds will help you to do more damage, but a solo boss will give you double damage still, so when the adds die or if there are no adds, it’s still a 100% damage buff.

Where’s the nerf here?

Just cleared 128 easily… I have 12.5m hp, 3.5bn toughness, 2.1m sheet damage and had 2.5 minutes to spare. I’m not optimized and I could probably drop some vitality on armor for crit chance, crit damage, or attack speed.

Are the blood nova spirits doing anything now? Cant check atm.

Hard to really tell honestly. I see them floating around usually after everything is dead.

I’m currently stuck at GR130… Most of my gear was setup for vitality + max health. Although my gear is mostly primal there’s only 1 item that I was able to roll the health % in to something else, so i’m super tanky, I just can’t do enough damage.

I can still kill some juggernaughts, especially when I get a conduit, but blue packs are particularly annoying. When there’s 2-3 mobs with wallers, knockback, stuns, teleports etc… they just take forever to die.
It almost feels like it’s better just skipping any elite packs and just killing trash. If some elites die along the way, great, but otherwise killing trash is much easier.

The RG at 131 is taking about 3 minutes to kill, and i’m missing the timer by 30-45 seconds.

Will definitely need to get higher augments and more crit chance/damage on my gear. 2.5m damage sheet is apparently not quite high enough.

How can Iron Rose bloodnova work with Nyar? It’s not poison, so…

My bad, i’ve been playing a few different builds and likely just wrote in the wrong one lol.
It should be bloodtide blade with iron rose + f.pick.

You can run the golem power with nayr’s and all poison damage and pestilence for a continuous stream of corpse lance though, at low enough level with the pet gem so that your golem doesn’t keep dying.

It’s good up to about GR80 as long as it doesn’t die, anything above that you will likely be running around in circles trying to stay alive while you wait for it to spawn, only to watch it get insta gibbed on spawn.

I have a qestion maybe you can help,
trag set only boosts skills that cost life
so the free blood nova from syphon does not get damage from set?

is this correct
ty

Iron Rose specifically casts blood nova and not any of the other death nova runes.

Trags boosts blood nova.

just to specify i think you correct but your explanation is off? the skill is death nova
blood nova is a specified rune, but the blood set as worded boosts blood cost, so the correct rune does not mater if it is coded to look for cost to boost witch is what this looks to me, now what you said is still in line with this but worded wrong witch with computer ACL is imoprtant to understand whaty is going on, now i could be wrong and the ACL of applied actions has an exeption for it is coded to the rune not looking for blood cost, the lazy programer would set this set to look for cost then wonder why it does not work right due to conig recorce redx … , this is a trend i see with bliz, again this is a guess off my testing but i cold be wrong and need to run a few 100 more batch to see agraget of granular testing.
ty for your input

ACL= acess control list, pass/ drop list, basice