Toxic D2 Purists

You just answered your own question…Game need updates to stay relavent.

1 Like

No, its just a fact that the modding community will explode because of its overall popularity and since blizz said they are making it easier now for mod support in D2R. You have yet to explain why it will suddenly die. You’re just exaggerating because you aren’t happy they didn’t change much. They might in the future, keep the hope alive. But it won’t “die in 6 months” :roll_eyes: lol

1 Like

I think we do not yet know this. Blizzard has said that they have done things to make modding easier but also have stated that they do not want anything with game injections. The gory details remain vague. Depending on Blizzard’s limits, this could be more like addons in WoW and not mods.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have to appologize for wanting the original game with modern look. Childhood memories are made of this and be able to experience it once again is priceless in my opinion.
I like to compare this with classic movies. Most of them will get remaked if the original was a sucess but most of the remakes are bulls*** (in my opinion).
But there are this few classic movies that are just to good to remake so you release a remastered 4k ultra HD version of the movie.
So both sides are correct - some want there favorite movie as remastered HD Version to experience it in a modern look and some want that movie to be remaked with Johnny Depp and Jennifer Lawrence. There will be never a consense between the two sides!

What I personally don’t understand is that they officially announced that it will be a remastered and still the remake fans don’t accept the fact that there will be no major changes to the game.

That wasn’t precisley what the apology was for if you read the first post.

This is not completely accurate. In interview after interview, Blizzard has stated that they are open to additional changes if the players want them. To achieve this goal, Blizzard has even sent out 2 surveys, seeking player feedback on 19 and 7 changes, respectively. These surveys have been linked elsewhere on the forum. You ccan judge for yourself and within your perspective if any of the changes that Blizzard asked about are minor/major in your mind.

Even the designers, themselves, are interested in making additional changes. See below:

1.14d came out 10 years ago bud. The population didn’t drop off for like 5 years. In 5 years D4 should be out, if not going strong, and the cycle will continue.

They said they are willing to make small QoL changes. Reddit poll for ploot went out. So Blizzard did the smart thing and asked in there survey of people with whom they deemed worthy. They know who they sent the survey too and why. The poll did exactly what it was supposed to and that was have them ask the question. From there it is in the hands of Blizzard and the devs. I know they read the forums because of other actual QoL changes like colorblind mode and low visibility mode.

This is an awesome thing. I want them to listen to the community even if it is sections of it and ask the questions. This is how we actually get good games. It also means they know if there will be backlash to a subject and why. It is basically like having all the information on both sides of the argument and seeing which makes the most sense overall to them.

And we saw some of the QoL changes already in the Alpha one and I appreciate them especially the shared stash. I am not against QoL changes but as you mentioned the survey some of them like charm inventory seem to be QoL but are major changes. I played a lot of D2 and also enjoyed D3 but I don‘t want a D3ish D2 and that is where we are heading to when too many QoL changes and balancing happen.

D3 is really different than D2. I would be hard pressed to find any combinations of changes in D2 that would make it D3-esque. The simple fact is that the itemization, skill setup, how your character gains power, and builds are vastly different between the two.

The other thing is that certain elements of D3 is most likely the product of feedback from D2 players (not all of course), such as shared stash, auto-gold pickup, free respecs, etc…