Top 6 Changes for Diablo 2

16 Likes

These are all very nice!!!

4 Likes

Saw a post of this yesterday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Betting in D2 duels is a terrible idea. Too many easy ways to BM by quickswapping sorb gear, etc…no, it’s really terrible. If you know the person is honest enough to duel legit with GM rules, then they’ll give you the item after the agreed upon duel anyways, no need to add an abusable mechanic like that to the game. Yuck.

4 Likes

Yeah the betting would be a problem. I wouldn’t mind seeing a modern skill hotbar. Stacking gems n runes I think will come as well. If not people still going to mule or sell extra stash tabs

Yah they would have to add a special pvp arena, where there is no stash in specific area so you can show your items and maxed out inventory of charms and potions in belt then make a bet.

2 Likes

Yeah it just seems like a silly idea…PvP is so imbalanced that each community has had to come up with its own set of specific rules on what is acceptable…it just seems like people are coming up with any ideas they can think of, but honestly most of them just sound terrible if they were actually to implement. Like, people in BvB intentionally dropping after a WW@20 % life…or, since the mechanics of WW have always allowed it, players could intentionally bug-WW for virtually ever, while disconnecting themselves.

FUN

My recollection of D2 PvP and duels was 1 shot mechanics and hackers slipping invisible 100% block shields into their offhand while holding a two handed weapon. I mean, I’m sure people like this sort of thing, but D2 PvP I always thought was a bit of an afterthought.

This is a good video. I like all of these ideas. My comments:

1. In-game list of runeword recipes at Cain = big yes.
  2. Clan System? I dunno, I don’t really feel strongly on this either way. If they were to implement something like this, I just want to see it actually be useful rather than an optional way to RP or something.
  3. PvP arenas, betting systems, or even if there were in-game hosted tournaments or some kind of ranked system, I’m all for seeing additions to the pvp scene. But whatever they do, just leave normal Blood Moor casual pub smash the same so that freestyle casual stomp is always an option to play.
  4. I wouldn’t mind seeing underused skills getting buffs, but they need to be REAL careful with this. I don’t want to see the classic meta flip at all, but it would be nice to have more options for building interesting unique builds that were actually functional on some level of viability.
  5. Add 3 quests to Act 4? That’d be awesome. I’d have nothing to complain about if they did this.
1 Like

I hope blizzard sees this video…

I kind of disagree on having to consult Cain about recipes. Having the recipe function on the Horadric Cube would make it more functional and it would be more convenient for the player. Say you have found an item with 2/3 sockets. In order to tell if its useful you would have to return to town and ask Cain. I mean compare to searching the runes on external websites It is a big QoL, but if you could simply use the cube it would be a lot less painful.

how does the ladder characters transferring to non ladder exactly work?

because right now in current d2 you can make a non ladder character be on the ladder and vise versa

You cannot be a non-ladder character on ladder.
Upon character creation you decide if that specific character will be ladder or non-ladder.

They are both mutually exclusive.
Once the ladder season ends, all current ladder characters get transferred over to non-ladder so they turn from ladder to non-ladder and share the same server. New ladder characters created after this point will have to wait for a new ladder reset in order to get to play on/with non-ladder.

2 Likes

Every character is nonladder technicaly :slight_smile: sooner or later hehe.

What? No. Every character becomes non-ladder eventually.

“Every person is dead technically because sooner or later”

1 Like

Yea, and it would be cool if it showed which cube recipes/runewords/etc. that you could create based on your items you have in your inventory/personal stash/shared stash tabs/cube.

I like that idea. Would be kinda cool to see a highlighted list becoming more and more visible as you get rune-rich. Nice! :slight_smile:

1 Like