Tome Of Set Dungeons

Today I was rewarded with a 6pc set of WD armor for completing the first 4 seasonal objectives. I donned the armor, spiffed it up with gems and set off to see what the "Tome Of Set Dungeons " was all about. It stated I was not properly garbed to read the tome!!?? What is considered proper garb?

The message means your gears don’t have corresponding set dungeon.

The game guide lists all sets that have set dungeon: Diablo III

I get the message “HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request” when I click on the link you provided! Sorry! I tried it again and it worked!

Thanks for leading me to the right info!

Yes, that’s right…

Thanks Meteorblade! Yeah, the armor I have is Mundunugu’s Regalia. Maskraider’s link told me which sets are acceptable to read the tome. This kind of goes along with the Hellfire Ring issue. If the ingredients to make the rings are no longer available then the rings shouldn’t be available. Especially after spending 2 million for each recipe only to find you can no longer get the ingredients!

The ingredients are still available. Just need exactly char level 60. This 2M HF ring recipe is for those without RoS expansion.

Maskraider, I have the Eternal Collection for Xbox 1. So I can only farm the ingredients with a precisely level 60 character?! If I was to level up while farming, would it negate my farming quest?

You have RoS, then you should go for the 5M HF ring. The plan appears at little girl vendor only when char level 61+ and at Torment difficulties.

In fact, HF ring is not a good ring, imo. The only reason I will use it is for %EXP bonus when leveling a new char. I’d remove it once reaching lv70.

In my game, I have a level 63 crusader set at torment 1. I took her to see “Squirt the Peddler” in Act 2. Squirt had a plan for a HF amulet for 100 thousand gold and a HF ring for 2 million gold. No other plans. At some point early on I purchased the plans for each of the attribute specific rings because Haedrig has those plans. Apparently after buying those plans, they disappear from Squirt’s inventory because they are no longer there. I’ve seen that before where folks have talked about a 5 mil HF ring but mine is only 2 mil. On a good note, you were right and I was able to get the Devil’s Fang after defeating a key warden. On a bad note, the other 3 key wardens produced nothing. Jumping out of the game and back in to reset the key wardens, I got nothing from any of the key wardens the second time around! I stopped using my crusader and am using stronger characters to raise paragon levels which in turn will allow me to raise my crusader’s paragon levels which might give me a comfort level to raise her torment level which in turn should increase chances of a key warden dropping his key.
So much strategizing gives a guy a headache!!
BTW I have the Xbox 1 Diablo 3 Eternal Collection. This consists of D3, RoS and Rise of the Necro. I know I have all of these active because I have necro chars and I have an “Act V” which is the RoS addition!

I’m on PC; I suppose Console is the same. HF Amulet costs 5 mil gold, not 100K. If 5M HF ring doesn’t show up at lv63, try again at lv 70. See screenshot of PC version:

Click to enlarge

On PC, if a plan has been learned, the plan is shown as “already learned” in red text at vendor, rather than hidden.
On PC, the blacksmith/jeweller UI will hidden plans that you don’t have enough materials. Have to change the filter to “Show All” to see these plans.
Likely you have already learned HF amulet/ring but not having enough materials.

The drop is not guaranteed. The rate depends on the difficulty level. Only T4+ have 100% or above (more than one machines). Ref: Diablo 3 Difficulty Overview
If you want sure drop, do it in T4 (one of the objectives in Chapter IV of seasonal journey) or above.

I have D3 for Xbox 360, Xbox 1 and for the PC. I bought it originally for the PC then for the XB 360 and again for XB1. I basically stopped playing on PC and played more on my 360. After I got it for XB1, I pretty much stopped playing on the PC and the 360. There were long spurts of on and off playing on the XB1 but it seems like whenever I come back to it there’s always something new that I find. Like this stuff we’re talking about. BTW the console game is very different than the PC. The inventory layouts for the chars and the vendors are completely different. I have level 70+ chars that still don’t have access to a 5 mil HF ring.

Is there any chance that you had already bought and learned the 5 mil HF ring plan?
Not sure console has the same show filter on jeweller’s UI. If it has, make sure to select “Show All” because you are likely don’t have enough materials (uber organs).

On the console, Haedrig the blacksmith makes the rings and amulets. I got into the PC version last night and Shen the jeweler makes the rings and amulets. On my console, Haedrig shows that he can craft a HF Ring, an HF Ring of Strength, an HF Ring of Dexterity and a HF Ring of Intelligence. The only HF Ring plan that Squirt is offering costs 2 mil. It also shows that recipe as being already learned. My PC shows that Squirt is offering a HF Ring plan for 2 mil. She does not offer a plan for 5 mil. She does however offer an HF Amulet plan for 5 mil! The HF Amulet plan on the console costs 100k. My jeweler on the PC shows HF Amulets of strength, dexterity and intelligence whereas the console has an HF Amulet with no attribute designation.
I also notice that in my PC game, there are a lot of legendary plans that I need to get for Haedrig. That’s comparing PC to console.

The HF Ring (without mainstat) is the 5M HF Ring of PC version. The other 3 rings with main stat are 2M HF Ring. Ref. game guide: Recipes - Game Guide - Diablo III

There is no equivalent in PC version. (or no longer exist?)

I guess in the end…it is what it is. Hey thanks Maskraider for telling me how to get some of the special crafting mats! I need to get a more comfortable chair to get back into the PC version. Last night I took my first seasonal PC char through the Darkening Of Tristram event to acquire the baby Butcher pet. This is why I say I need a better chair because my tail is killin’ me today (LOL).