To All Of Those Saying

Vicarious Visions is a good quality gaming company what’s your answer to this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zDrp4pncDs According to this guy Vicarious Visions are responsible for the fiasco that is World of Warcraft III Reforged :eyes: Oooff! Sure doesn’t look like their claiming any of the fallout for that goofup

4 Likes

They will have been contracted and told what to do by blizzard, maybe blizzard let them take control this time

Looks more like they’ve been infected by what’s been wrong with Activison/Blizzard/Buzzard for decades and it’s spreading like a plague!

4 Likes

Well work so far is good, apart from the bad face modles its a near perfect remaster, maybe they will go back and patch warcraft 3 once this is done as a sorry/thank you to old fans

they could do with some good pr for sure

2 Likes

How when different studio worked on that? Lemon sky studio worked with blizzard on w3 Reforged, not VV.

7 Likes

Apparently this guy is better informed than you are

3 Likes

Okay. The video is new… Check.

It’s Bellular … Check.

Okay let’s see if what you’re claiming adds up.

Watching…

Ouch 4:40 doesn’t look good for some.

Edit:: I listened to the whole video, I’m going to need a time stamp.

At no point did I hear this said or implied. So again, time stamp please.

The Classic Games Team is not Vicarious Visions
They did outsource asset creation to Lemon Sky Studios, but as detailed in the video, they had little money, time, and staff to work with.

Both The Classic Games Team and Lemon Sky Studios apparently worked hard but were not given the support needed from Blizzard due to Activision meddling. Also, the former head of the Classic Games Team was not a popular dude. Bellular basically said Activision is responsible for the monetary failings of Blizzard fully funding the development of their IPs.

Nothing in there about Vicarious Visions messing up WC3R.

15 Likes

Look, people generally learn from their mistakes, just because they messed up WC3 Reforged, doesn’t mean that therefore D2R will be messed up. From what we have all seen and some played on Alpha, they seem to have nailed this one.

2 Likes

This assertion seems in error.

Here is the article link:

Blizzard Botched Warcraft III Remake After Internal Fights, Pressure Over Costs (businesshala.com)

Warcraft III: Reforged was primarily developed by the Classic Games Team at Blizzard.

Here is another article that discusses this. Also, VV was brought in to work on D2R due to what transpired with W3R.

Blizzard Absorbs Activision Studio After Dismantling Classic Games Team - Bloomberg

5 Likes

There is no such game.

World of Warcraft 3 vanilla classic reforged battle for Azeroth brood wars lord of hearthstone overwatch.

2 Likes

Oh? < [[[https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-reforged-controversy/](https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-reforged-controversy/)](https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-reforged-controversy/)](https://)>

3 Likes

So I watched the whole video and if I haven’t somehow missed exactly that part, then he didn’t mention VV a single time.

Can someone help me out with a time stamp? :thinking:

3 Likes

You are correct. :smiley:

See my post a few above this that has links to 2 articles that clarifies. W3R was predominantly Blizzards classic game team. VV was brought in to work on D2R due to what transpired with W3R.

2 Likes

I really wouldn’t trust much from a video of sources like bellular the quartering etc. Most of them are just controversy mongers that thrive on clicks from drama, usually with some political slant.

2 Likes

Nowhere in this article is VV mentioned…I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

At any rate, this calls to mind a scene from Apollo 13; near the end of the flight back to Earth, an engineer tells Gene that there is yet another problem; he asks “Can we do anything about it?” When the engineer says no, he basically tells them to forget about it, as it is moot.

What good does this doomsaying provide? If the game stinks, ask for a refund. If it doesn’t, who cares what happened to WC3? Nothing is going to change in the next 7 weeks. Based on what I saw in the Alpha, it looks great and will play great. You me and everyone else posting here will play beta shortly, and we’ll know for sure, personally.

3 Likes

Looks like an attempt to stir the latrine to me. Let this be a lesson, don’t believe everything you find on the internet.

4 Likes

I hope after reading all the other replies in this thread you realize you are outright mistaken - I might even go so far as to say lying.

That is not what is in the video, articles, etc.

Vicarious Visions did not work on WC3 R

I am not sure what you hoped to gain here by falsely saying they were involved. The Diablo forums are full of people who check sources, not settle for clickbait drama mongers.

23 Likes

Or its actualy nonsense.

TS even don’t know correct name of the game. So, it is actually pointless to trust such topics.

:man_facepalming: Gaslighting and attempting to start problems… Why are people hellbent on finding reasons to distrust Blizzard and their subsidiaries?

2 Likes