Tips for "Curses!" Conquest

But you don’t have to run that many to cube 40 items. When playing solo, getting that many caches is a pain, especially since you have to open them all at once. You would normally be extracting powers into the cube as necessary while you play the game.

Both are harder on Console. I’ve done Guardian on PC, PS4, XBox and working on Switch this season.

Curses…

PC, as usual, used the Cursed Peat and got low 300s with my GoD DH, about the same as my first try with MS DH. Teamed with a friend and nailed it on the next try. PS4 and XBox got low-to-mid-200s with same build, mobs don’t spawn as fast. On PS4, I was able to use communities to team up with a MS DH to get it, but I just did different Challenges on Xbox (after confirming mid-200s when I did find it once).

Historically, I’ve tried this in a number of seasons and it is easy to get over 300 on PC, trivial with 2, and it almost never happens with just one DH (even UE MS) on console.

Avarice…

PC, as usual, equipped a BotH and nailed it in one Cow Level try. It wasn’t even hard as I ran into a couple of places where I had to run to find another cow and managed just fine.

Console, PS4 failed completely on cow level with L50 BotH+Avarice. It feels like the timeout on the gold streak is under half a second on console. I literally had it reset while I was on a screen with a ton of trash dying and Avarice+BotH. (I’ve done Cow Level gold streak at least half a dozen times on PC, so I know the ropes, but I could not get it done on PS4). I did the cache thing (before the double bounty bags) on PS4 and moved on. It was a pain, but doable. On XBox I was in the middle of my (now doubled) bounty runs when I ran across a wild Cow Portal. I decided to try by using a 2-pass method. I ran BotH without Avarice or Pet and tried to avoid picking up gold on my first pass as I killed everything. When I was done, I put Avarice back on and ran backwards and barely got it (Avarice is both a blessing and a curse at that point as it pushes the horizon to the next gold pile back meaning you can end up with bigger gaps, but it also makes it easier to snag a random distant pile when you are in the middle of a streak).

On Switch, I’m getting a lot of lag and there are no communities so I may never get Curses, but I am in the middle of my doubled bounty runs. 4 total doubled runs at T13 is plenty of gold. I will go for Speed TX, Avarice, and non-set GR45 to get Guardian on Switch as I have no idea how I’d get Curses even with MS DH without at least 2 of us.

When it comes to the console & Curses, you need to be a UE Demon Hunter, Maurader Demon Hunter, or Hammerdin Crusader. Don’t bother attempting the conquest otherwise. It’s literally impossible with at least one in your group. You’ll need Cursed Peat (no other chests will work), with roughly a 2.5 attack speed or higher that’s continuous and can clear the entire screen, for the entire duration of the cursed chest.

After that, it comes down to positioning. If you’re a Demon Hunter, if Mauraders, place the sentries. But still, stay at the bottom right, just above the stairs, so that you have a clear view with multishot to instantly kill all the enemies per shot.

Then it just comes down to making sure you won’t run out of resources. Use resource cost regen, and also wear a Cindercoat. An Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac can be useful to make sure you have 100% Vengeance uptime.

Hi I have tried numerous times to do it with my dh ue today and failed. Problem is my hatred drowned way too fast, by looking at my gear stats etc can someone give me tips at improving.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Lidrach-11534/hero/123254949

Why are you using sentries with UE? Waste of Hatred. No wonder you are running out.
Also, that belt is doing nothing for you. You aren’t even using the Companion skill.

Cindercoat instead of Visage.

Here’s a quick demonstration I recorded on the PS4. It should work for the rest of the consoles, and on the PC, you’ll get significantly more kills:

Gear and skills are at the end of the video. The rings and amulet can obviously be improved upon (such as an Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac).

As TimberWolf said, UE builds don’t use Sentry.
If you have hatred problem, use Cindercoat in cube, or mix UE with Crimson set.
In this event, you 1-shot everything, mobs die at the time it spawned. don’t worry about defense.

I use sentry with UE in a generator build. Utilize the polar one with hungering arrow. Pretty cool build actually.

Attempted to do the Conquest with my GoD. Alas, due to the fixed number of Hungering Arrows it can cast per second, it’s almost impossible to get 350 in time.

I did however get the Avarice Conquest while I had my Boon of the Hoarder on, so you could possibly kill 2 birds with 1 stone with that setup.

Ok, but Lidrach’s UE is a MS build.

1 Like

For the Curses! conquest, change your helm gem from a diamond to a topaz.

Also, nothing to do with the conquest…

Bracers
Reroll cold damage to fire damage (as you have MS runed with Arsenal)

Quiver
Reroll the secondary gold find into 12 discipline (UE set gives 350% damage per point of discipline, so this is a 4200% damage increase).

Boots
Reroll the movement speed to armour.

Belt
If you don’t go with 2 pieces of Captain Crimson (will require use of RoRG in the Cube) change your belt for Witching Hour.

Gloves
You’re going to need new ones. The ones you have, you should have rerolled the Life Per Hit into CHD, but you’ve rerolled a secondary affix instead.

Shoulders
You’re going to need new ones, as the +Sentry damage is pointless to this build, and you can’t roll it off as you’ve rerolled something else.

Helm
Reroll the +Multishot damage to 6% CHC, as that’s likely to get you a bigger damage increase than the skill bonus. Ideally, look for one with DEX / CHC / MS on it.

Swap out Sentries for Companion / Bat (for more hatred regen)

Swap out Ambush and Custom Engineering for Steady Aim and Thrill of the Hunt.

Swap out the Enforcer gem for Bane of the Powerful (for speeds) or Bane of the Stricken (for high level GR pushes) - the Thrill of the Hunt passive causes mobs to be slowed when hit by spenders, which MS is, so they’ll always be taking the extra damage bonus from BotT.

1 Like

Update on doing Avarice on my Switch. I again was in the middle of my great bounty run, at about 30 caches when I ran into a cow portal in the wild.

I leveled my BotH to 50 and then realized I didn’t have an Avarice. Since I didn’t know which of the bounty bags came from which Act I didn’t want to raid them just to get Avarice (and all 5 Acts were completed so I couldn’t farm one without closing the game), so I decided to just give it a try without Avarice.

I managed to get it by progressing carefully and making sure that I always had a pile of gold nearby if the monsters stopped producing, but it was definitely not as easy as on PC. I think in my earlier runs I always used Avarice and when you have such a short timer for the gold on console then it might work against your goals as it basically removes all gold to the horizon and then you can’t get to any gold within the very short timer expiration. Running without Avarice may leave lots of gold scattered about giving you better options for when you don’t have nearby monsters.

On PC, though, with a longer gold timer, Avarice is absolutely the way to go as it avoids the need for doubling back.

Then I turned in my 30 caches and ended up with 3xAvarice Bands…

I played Necro this season. Tried 350 monsters with cursed chest. Only got up to 173. Gave up on that conquest. I didn’t feel like starting up a DH, and I wanted to do the Season Journey solo.

Went with 2 min Nephalem Rift conquest instead. Took me a while to find the right build, and about 30 Nephalem Rift attempts, but eventually got a good map and successfully did it in under 2 min. This might be a better option if a person wants to do it solo and isn’t going to play a DH.

For Avarice conquest, I prefer to do that Conquest in the area that leads to Adria. Put on as many Gold Find items as possible (especially Boon of the Hoarder, but NOT Avarice Band), and shut off pet that picks up gold for you. Then go to the area and kill all the little creatures, but don’t pick up the gold that drops. Only after killing a boatload of creatures with all of the gold lying on the ground, go back and pick it all up, and it should be 50 million+. This is how I do Avarice conquest, normally, except this season I got it by pure luck in a different area, not even trying to get the conquest.

Is it very weird/lucky that I did it quite easily last season with a whirlrend barbarian? I always see people saying you should use MS Demon Hunter as if it is basically the only way and starting one and farming all that is necessary for a second character is worth it. Must be a bunch of builds across the other 6 classes that can do it consistently?

Not weird at all. I’ve done it on a WW/Rend Barb too. The only change needed is to rune Whirlwind with Hurricane, as it pulls in mobs from 30 yards away. That means you can pretty much just spin in front of the chest and you’ll pull every mob that spawns into you.

FotH speed farm crusader build works just as fine as well, if not, I dare say it, better than MS DH. It could get 450 without much effort, while MS DH is also near 400-450 and not above that iirc. Problem with MS DH is that, it’s not the go-to speed farm build anymore for DH (GoD build does around 330-340). FotH speed farm build is for crusader, so no detour of gearing up needed.

Lightning hydra speed farm wiz build also works, albeit barely around 360-380. Don’t think I tried any other class, build than those, so no idea.

My photoshop skills suck. Like, fails Art 1 in 7th grade sucks (yes, I failed art, though not for lack of trying, I just suck at it). Here’s a screenshot of me doing Avarice a few seasons ago on a Battlefields of Eternity map at T10. Yes, a measly T10:

If you’re careful about how you move about and leave a few tiny piles of gold to keep your streak up in case you have to backtrack, a high density map will easily net you this conquest. Double bonus if you have a hardcore character that can do it as well, as that makes for two of three conquests done easily, leaving only Curses!/Stars Align.

2 Likes

On the PC, every class has a build that can solo it. On the console though, due to some differences, it’s literally impossible with most classes to solo Curses/Stars Aligned.

Just for you.
50M in 35 seconds. Total 197.4M streak. Just T13. No Ferrets equipped.

I even took time to pick up Legendary drops and Death’s Breaths.

1 Like