Tips for "Curses!" Conquest

So I am having a problem. I keep trying to cleanse the cursed chests, but things wont spawn fast enough. I kill them before they even have a chance to move, let alone attack, but the enemies wont spawn fast enough. Seriously. I spend a good chunk of the timer waiting for things to spawn, from TX to TXVI.

What can I do to complete this? I ask in game, but all that anybody said was “git gud” or “kill them faster” but I legit cant kill them faster because they dont exist faster…

Are you doing it at the right chest? Not all cursed chests are able to do it. Specifically you want the one in Act V, Paths of the Drowned. Look for the bounty ‘The Cursed Peat’. The chest will be in there at the top of a pyramid. It can also appear on it’s own. Just go there and wander around and if you see the pyramid there is a chance it has spawned.

Also helps if you use a MS DH or other toon that one shots mobs super fast in large numbers. If needed, ask for help in chat if the chest appears. There will usually be someone around that also needs that conquest.

3 Likes

It’s not any random chest that can spawn enough monsters to kill. You will have to find the chest from the Cursed Peat in Act 5 Paths of the Drowned.

This spawns maybe 1 in 20+ so you have to remake your game. Go find the chest if it exists. If it doesn’t you remake the game.

You don’t actually need the Cursed Peat bounty to appear. Look online for more info. There’s are instances where the chest will not spawn at all.

…So they made the conquest be at an arbitrary spawn point with a specific few cursed chests that spawn enough enemies to even do it.
Talk about forced grind.

Anyway, thank you for all the info, it is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

You’re better off in-game searching for and joining a Conquests community, who are actively grinding towards them.

Depending on how many conquests you still need to do, you can get Avarice very easily now because of the double cache (50mil gold streak outside of the Vault).

• unequip your pet
  • stand right next to your stash so you don’t move at all
  • open 42-43 bounty caches quickly (and get some more from the stash because inventory can’t hold that many)

Once you’ve opened all of them, there will be enough gold on the ground to hit 50mil.

As for “Curses”, the Cursed Peat is the best one because it can spawn over 400 enemies depending on your clearing speed. It’s a rare bounty, but it shows up more often as a non-bounty area in “Paths of the Drowned” (act 5), so just load Torment 10 (the minimum required difficulty for that particular conquest), and quickly explore the area.

It’s one of several different events, so if you see “Lord of the Hill” or those ghosts landscaping, or the Burning Man etc, then you’ll get no Cursed Peat in that game. Restart the game and try again.

1 Like

Also, if someone says “git gud”, tell them to “get good” at education instead of a game.

2 Likes

T16, Cursed Peat bounty, MS Demon Hunter. Easy mode. Of course, it helps to be playing DH for the season… This season conquests are easy for a MS DH. Mine is way sub-par and i easily completed the season solo other than a power level from 60-70.

Cursed Peat is the best Cursed Chest event but there is also a Cursed Chest event in Act 1 Halls of Agony 3 called the Cursed Bellows. It isn’t as good as the Cursed Peat but Curses can be completed with that Cursed Chest.

Also Google search is very good for infomation: “d3 chest conquest”.

First find is a nice guide from Icy Vein, to complete “The Cursed Peat”

this is totally unnecessary if you have a spare set of gear loaded with gold find for farming, Boon of the Hoarder and Avarice band. You can run Ruins of Corvus and hit 50mil in less than a minute. I’ve had 100mil streaks no problem. Some large open map areas with good density can also work.

Way easier than grinding bounties and trying that method…even with double bounties.

2 Likes

Show us the video…

:eyes:

Roll a demon hunter it is the only class capable…

Managed it just fine with a Steed/Valor FotH Crusader…400+ kills.

I don’t know why you ask for a video proof. I do have some screenshots instead. 126M in bounty, 151M in rift, 192M in “Not Cow Level”.

Bounty - Click to enlarge

Rift - Click to enlarge

NotCowLevel - Click to enlarge

2 Likes

Photos are the easiest thing to fake.

Not impressed nor convinced.

I did Avarice this season merely with maxed Hoarder in the Not the Cow Level. Reached almost 150M gold streak on the first attempt. Conquest done in minutes.

It’s not that hard. I don’t understand why providing video evidence is necessary.

1 Like

Don’t think you are worth for me to convince.

3 Likes

No one cares. The fact that you doubt how easy it is to do this conquest says it all.

I did Avarice in Fields of Misery using Avarice Band, maxed Boon of the Hoarder and a DH GoD build. I wound up with around 72 million in about 2 minutes, so yeah, Avarice is not hard to do at all.

p.s. I haven’t found a single Bovine Bardiche all season :thinking:

DH has 20% chance of getting one by upgrading yellow Polearms using the cube. Just need to craft some polearms and use the cube.