Time to voice my opinion or why I refunded D2R

Of note, they were just resolution changes mostly.
Diablo II Resurrected is a full remake with new animations and models, with already critical changes made. How is it still a “remaster”, I do not even know.

Remaster has no strict meaning.
D3 and WoW are the most successful games in PC gaming history, whether we like it or not - I am a D2 fan too. Blizzard are successful, fact.
D2 sold 4 millions, of which the “purists” if I am generous constitute 5%. This game is for people who bought original (and left it, but are here for nostalgia), or newcomers who are here because of the very critical success of Diablo III.
So, tell me who is the minority!

Furthermore, please check D2R and D2R beta forums to see majority topics!

I think I should clear up that

I don’t disagree with this suggestion. I’m just defending the preservation of the D2LoD experience with the pertinent cosmetic polishes.

Even in D2:LoD you can create a classic character (in fact, I haven’t checked if you still have that option in D2R, it’s bad enough if it doesn’t though).

Gun models were remade, ambient occlusion and other shaders were added, whole game was retextured. It changed a lot, although only someone who has been playing Quake in it’s original form for a long time may notice it, since there are so many source ports now that do the same thing few people still remember how the game actually looked.

Zahramar
You can brag all you want, you have absolutely no numbers.
The difference between you and me, is that I admit I don’t have them.
I will not let you present things as real fact when you have no proof.
Around me a freaking lot of ppl are ultra hyped for d2r
Not a single one wants drastic changes or additions.
And nearly all of them are ancients players that played the original D2 for years.
So for me, you are wrong. Can I provide proofs ? No. But I do believe it, despite I don’t drop it in your face as a fact.
And curiously, you always avoid talking about D4 which could be what you want

One visit to D2R forums, D2R Beta forums, Reddit, and others will show you what the majority want. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But anyways, seems the solution is “Traditional” and “Resurrected” realms.

D4 or D3 are irrelevant, to me this is just childish dismissive talk. Go play Diablo II (2000). See?

As always you have absolutely no numbers.
Reddit, whatever you want will never be a proof.
Most ancient players are confident in VV and don’t take time to counter ppl like you
You don’t have numbers. Hence you can argue all you want, you simply don’t know what is the real majority and what it wants. End of story
I will not go further with you it’s a loss of time.
Just one thing:
Please VV stay faithful to the game and don’t trash it, thanks a lot.
It’s a remaster, not a remake.

Broken record at this rate. :notes:

MrLlama made a poll, we saw the results.
Statistics study of player feedback, shows the results.
Not sure how those are not “numbers”, do you know how scientific researches are made?

I for one, can prove I am a very very old school D2 Player with literal thousand of hours. And I know so many people like me who agree with my opinions. And what do you honestly think newcomers want?

Blizzard can make an official poll, sure, more than welcome. :smirk: