Time to voice my opinion or why I refunded D2R

Would you like me to provide you with a short video demonstrating what I do and how it works with a VM? It’ll show you clearly that the game is not modified in anyway.

I can also show you that a ww barb is as powerful, even more powerful in many cases, to hammerdin and sorc, but it requires a higher IQ, and more dexterity to play than the other two.

Did you read my posts before responding to them?
A. It is modification in a sense that it modifies the original behaviour of the game, does it not remove/bypass a message that LITERALLY STOPS RUNNING MULTI CLIENTS?
B. Show me that barb, do it without chant or any boosted nonsense, do it in full game too and same speed as hammerdin/sorc to show how other builds are viable. Also, don’t forget my initial post that THEY REQUIRE HIGH-END GEAR TO BE HALF AS EFFICIENT!

I am done discussing this. Let’s move on.

Anyone else wants to discuss the initial topic?

Do you want to see the video or not? It’ll educate you on how it works instead of asking me if I read your posts. Honestly, you have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ll start recording the video, watching it will set you straight and remove your ignorance on the subject.

You clearly do not read my posts. One-sided conversations are so fun.

Can I make the font size max size?

In the order of the posts.

I ask you this question. :point_down:

To which you ignorantly respond with. :point_down:

You failed to answer my question, so I followed up again. :point_down:

To which you go full ignorant and rude and literally change the subject of the question I repeatedly asked about multiboxing using a VM. :point_down:

Again, would you like to be educated so you’re no longer ignorant on the subject?

And your whole argument on balance is completely moot and has no actual relevance in a free and self determining society, which D2 was created in and reflects. Your logic on the matter sounds not so different than communism, in that you think everything needs to effectively function the same by producing the same outcomes.

… Moving on.
Open to more discussion on the initial post, any counter arguments on the points other than “change bad”?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000264916

Last item. Clearly says you are allowed to connect with up to 8 clients.

Is running the game on 8 separate machines a “mod” too? You aren’t gonna get the message either. What’s the difference between a virtual machine and a physical one? All those things are subjective and does not make the basis for a rule. A rule that “mod = anything that modifies the game files or injects code into it”, on the other hand, makes sense and is enforceable.

Last item says 8 connections per IP.
Meaning you can have 8 clients with same external IP, which usually means different users (siblings etc.). At a time it was even 4 clients, mind you.

It’s like going to the movies and they are telling you: you can buy 8 tickets for 8 different people maximum, but you use “sandbox” to give them a fake name and keep the 8 tickets for yourself. Now imagine if that movie is only “fun” if you buy 8 tickets for yourself because extra/better content is locked behind it which should be an easy feature for all.

Mod is a derived word from modification. Like I said, not going to play semantic game but you are modifying original game behavior, don’t you agree?

But the main question is, are we really arguing that requiring 8 game sets to enjoy the game is not a flawed design? That it should be passed on to D2R? Because if so then trust me, within 1 year (quite generous I know) it will be played by same 20 people (who believe d2 is “going strong 20+ years” when it was never best seller) and a playground for bots, just like current Diablo II.

No, I don’t agree.

Who said you need 8 connections to enjoy the game? Endugu is as hardcore as it gets and wants every advantage or extra challenge he can get, but you don’t need to do that to enjoy Diablo 2. I don’t multibox like he does, I don’t know nearly as much about the game, and I enjoy it. I don’t focus on the goal, I focus on the journey. For a lot of people D2 starts on hell, for me I already enjoy it on normal. Although I do play the game all the way to hell baal. With self found stuff. And it works.

I don’t want most of what you ask, and I think I am not alone, so what do we do ?
Keeping the game like it was, hence being a remaster, not a remake.
I hope.

You keep playing Diablo II (2000) for the next 20 years, it’s not going anywhere.

Exactly, it’s a remaster.
Remasters do not have a strict meaning but usually have enhancements, give me one remaster that is only different graphics with more bugs. Name one, JUST one.

Or they could just add default “Resurrected” character type so the very minority can still play the same 2000 stale gameplay with better graphics (remove shared stash for them too please), and we get what we want.

It’s not going anywhere for you. For me it does.
I am not a big player, and I love D2 as it is.
For me a ladder time whatever it’s 6 month or 3 is just enough for me to build few completed chars in hc. I don’t ask you to understand that, as you probably spend way more hours than me a week.
But I want you to understand that not everyone share your opinions.
You sure do have ppl like you that want a remake. I don’t, so do other ppl.
I just want the game I left 10 years ago, remastered.
I left it cause 24 FPS 256 colors 4:3 aspects wasn’t possible anymore for me.
What I got in the beta is what I want.
I prefer VV to spend time correcting the majors bugs during the crunch, than adding new content.
Once again blizzard advertise this as a remaster, NOT A REMAKE.
You ask something that was never advertised. That’s the problem in the first place.
I would never make a thread asking a remaster if they were advertising a total remake with new content etc etc.
Blizzard is not what it was. Blizzard north doesn’t exist anymore. Blizzard is not good as nearly as it was 25 years ago
If they add content with the team that made d3 it will be a failure. VV does only remaster, but they do it well. Let this game be
Wait for d4, I already see a freakin d3 in it, and I don’t want that. So we D2 lovers get this remaster, you get d4. Deal ?

Sorry for the bad English, please just don’t trash this game like all blizzard game since 10 years, please. Let it be. Like we love it

^ This.

The only thing that was stopping me from playing D2 (2000), was the low framerate. I don’t mind the low resolution and 4:3, I can live with that, but 25 FPS literally was unbearable to me, I can’t even play games at 30 anymore. Admittedly, I was ruined by precise rhythm games like Osu! where even 60 is too low, as well as owning a high polling rate keyboard and high refresh rate monitor, but I felt like it took forever for my inputs to be registered and it just felt wrong.

So at this rate they should have just made Diablo II 1.15, because change bad. This is a remastered version, we want enhancements, majority does.

The boring “remaster not remake” argument is boring. I just asked you to show me one “remaster” which has just changed graphics and added bugs, no responds as of now. They already made changes by the way and we are asking for more, “remaster” has no strict meaning so this just makes no sense.

And by the way, they remade assets (character models, tiles, textures, etc.). So how is this not a remake? Like I said, naming convention is lost.

Also, thanks for making baseless assumptions about me, a person who you do not remotely know.

Starcraft Remastered? Quake Remastered? Skyrim Special Edition?

Most remasters are fairly simple and stick to graphics and controls.

I didn’t play any of those but none of them has remade assets (except for maybe Starcraft?) - they are just modernizing the games, makes you reconsider meaning of “Remaster” right? :smirk:
Furthermore Skyrim did indeed have changes, more ambiguity to the non-defined “Remaster” term.

Diablo II Resurrected already had redone assets and changes to it, it’s a remake at this point.

Whatever you want it or not, I am sorry but this is a remaster. I got it , you don’t want, some other ppl too, majority ? You absolutely don’t know. Where are the numbers with viable source please ?
It’s easy to say this, without a single proof.
Now I do think this :

• this game is mostly for ancient fans,who played the original for years, so NO, majority don’t want changes
    But I don’t know if it’s true or not, so I don’t say majority wants this or that, caus I simply can’t prove it, and he’ll, I may be wrong.
    There is a fact : it’s a remaster.
    You don’t want, but this a remaster and is advertised as it.
    Why can’t you just understand that D2 is D2 ? There is diablo 4 for what you want.

Please read my posts before replying to them.
Thank you.

Quake too.

It’s a remaster. Remasters can have changes, they just shouldn’t change too much. In my opinion, D2R changed enough, anything else should be an expansion

1 Like

I read your posts, whatever my answer don’t please you, it is what I answer.
For me blizzard is very far from what it was before.
There is simply 0 ppl that was from blizzard north right now
I don’t want those who made d3, or wow, or whatever, to destroy this game.
I just don’t, and other ppl too, majority ? I don’t know, but a lot for sure

Totally agree with Oshogun, the game has enough changes like Qol, gold, controller support and so , to bring something to the table.
For the rest, I don’t want this game to become like blizzard Activision games.
I am pretty sure they won’t destroy this masterpiece and let it as is it is, but if it happens, that would be really, really sad, especially with D4 coming for the fans of the new “blizzard Activision” style.