They no longer love us are they breaking up with us?

Heh, basically every major car manufacturer have had to do massive recalls at one time or another, people still buy their cars in record numbers.

You didn’t say what week though, smart move.

Shouldn’t 50% of the population have a below average anything?

You would think so but they define average as a range not a specific number. It’s because the test results are not linear.

Try .04% average in the United States which is still four times the infection mortality rate of flu. It’s much higher for the old and infirm almost zero for the very young. You’re using the case fatality rate which ignores the asymptomatic population (the majority of infected) entirely.

I get that but you said you aren’t paying to see the info there. Which you don’t. Regardless. You found out here anyways.

USA as of today: 726 946 deaths, 44 898 466 infected.

726 946/44 898 466 = 0.016 = 1.6%.

Dunno how you do math, but you clearly do it wrong.

No, actually, I count people confirmed infected, of those are quite a few asymptomatic as tests have been mandatory across large sectors of the population. Counting the entire population where large parts have never even encountered the disease is irrelevant for calculating the risk of you dying of it if you do contract it.

And exactly how you know the majority of infected are asymptomatic if no one have actually tested people that are asymptomatic?

Seems to me you are doing exactly what you accused me of, using your opinions as facts.

Granted, I might have used the wrong term in saying “mortality rate”, English is my third language after all, but I’m quite sure you and anyone else understod my point, given that I gave the formula for what I meant, twice at this point.

Please stay on topic. I mean there’s not much to the subject but why the unrest?

2 Likes

The confirmed infected statistics don’t include the serology surveys. Most asymptomatic cases never tested positive much less went to a doctor. The CDC used to have the age distribution data for the infection mortality rate but they scrubbed it in favor of confirmed case mortality. If the actual mortality rate was 2% we would be knee deep in bodies by now. There would be 75 million dead not 4.5 million. All you have to do is look at the 219 million confirmed cases worldwide number to know that’s bogus nonsense. One hell of a lot more people have been exposed to Covid-19 than that.

Ok, so people tested negative, had no symptoms, but you’re arguing that they are in fact infected? Based on what?

Sure, if things are as you imagine, which seems entirely divorced from reality.

Based on your say so? I’m sure the health departements of the various countries are entirely inept compared to you.

Serology surveys and statistical analysis. Health departments have a variety of problems ranging from non-existence of funding to political interference. Do you seriously believe out of a world population of 7.5 billion+ only 219 million have been infected? Really? If so it’s almost impossible to catch and we know that isn’t true. If it’s 2% where are the bodies because about 70% of the population of the United States have been exposed to Covid-19 enough to have been infected. Most either fought it off completely or contracted it asymptomatically.

Sure, why not? There have been restrictions and preventive measures enacted on a global scale. In my country it’s about 12% of the population that’s been confirmed infected, and we have had mandatory testing for basically every worker on a fairly regular schedule (as well as anyone that has been in contact with an active outbreak), so while some for sure has fallen trough the cracks, I have a hard time seeing 55% of the population having done so.

Another thread gets derailed. From news about the D4 blog all the way to Covid-19. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’ll stock more popcorn, this gonna be long. :popcorn:

That’s not how maths works. Let’s imagine a population of 100.

10 of them have a value of 110.
90 of them have a value of 10.

The average of the values is (10 * 110) + (90 * 10) / 100 = (1100) + (900) / 100 = 2000 / 100 = 20

So, 90% of the population have below average value.

So wheres all your stats proving that it’s a poor assumption in the first place
and over 14 million D3 sold, there is nowhere near that many people on here ever
Sad state of affairs when we have to post proof of what we say yet you don’t post your proof showing it is a poor assumption
Could it be there is no proof of what you say to backup your claim otherwise it would of been put up
Not that I care what you think, it’s only your opinion and I know different from experience and If you want to believe your right all the time go right ahead no skin off my nose, I’m not going to waste my time trying to change your mind

Steve,
Buddy… The point is no one has any proof of any stats (unless one is a Blizz employee). Its all feelings and assumptions. Poor assumptions though because there are people you do not log in but surf the forums. There are those who log in but don’t post. The number of people on social media compared to forum visitors is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Even if you’re not logged in the view counter for any thread still updates. So again, by that alone we can tell that the forum is not particularly active. The pinned thread about D4 have garnered 23k views over 2 years, the pinned thread about the current season have got 14k over 3 months.

You only have to google D4 and it clearly states it won’t be released soon… who ventures further usually?

1 Like

The point is that it’s a pinned thread, always the first you see when you enter the forum, so should be at the top of activity. Check the rest of the forum majority of threads sits low to mid hundreds as far as views goes.

Ok well… ok. Cool info thanks!