They no longer love us are they breaking up with us?

Why did we find out about the D4 blog coming next week from twitter. When we have threads asking about it on the forum? Did we upset you guys what can we do to make up. I do not want to give the ring back. :kiss:

Thanks to GĂĽsM79 for the heads up on the blog (on audio) coming next week.

11 Likes

Let’s see a few hundred players here would see it vs the 10s of thousands plus that follow Blizzard on Twitter? You seemed to find out a d have no issues letting the rest of us know.

How difficult would it be to also post the tidbit on the forum not everyone uses twitter.

11 Likes

Hardly anyone uses the forum.

4 Likes

As nice as it would’ve been to have gotten the info on the forums, I’m willing to withold criticism considering that we’re still in the 3rd Quarter.

As for “not many people use the forums”, all I can say is that nearly every other quarterly update info had been posted on the forums, so asking for the same for this one isn’t asking for a lot. It’s simply about consistency.

4 Likes

You did it for them.

Players should not have to.

3 Likes

Forums are so 20th century man. Social media is where the fish are biting. It seems that our beloved basement-dwelling alpha geeks got a life and I wonder if that was not instrumental to the current state of Blizzard’s product lineup as time in “the studio” became less of an end and more of a means. It happens. Besides which, who in their right mind wants to wrack their brain innovating and paving the way for bold new concepts, only to be leapfrogged and pilfered blind by some thankless competition, anyway?

In all seriousness though, what love? Blizzard were keenly aware of the ugly misgivings of the World of Warcraft and the call for some kind of honor system (like what the visionary Thrall fought for from the beginning). Instead they rejected honor and chose to low-key teabag their own and fault the victims for not being able to take a joke, all the while attracting like-minds until it finally reached critical mass and their double-lives of misguided preferential treatment against the meek caught up to them. Well fine, it seems like the joke’s on them now and let’s see how they take it!

In all seriousness, their twitter post did the job. I don’t have twitter or any social media, yet I knew the blog was being delayed. There is really no need to post here other than courtesy.

All humor aside, sure, I would have them post where it feels most natural, rather than somewhere that holds no interest to them. It’s just a shame to me, the notion that they might want nothing to do with the official forum. It was a fun novelty to see professionals go “off-the-cuff” but I can’t help but pine for the good ol’ days with the “old guard” sometimes.

2 Likes

Actually, Twitter and Reddit is always a good place to find the latest information. I also learned more and first about updates from different games from Twitter and Reddit than their own official forum.

Simple because Twitter and Reddit are more accessible for everyone. That is why I created Twitter in the past and followed all the game companies twitter so I can learn more about the possible update of the game that I am played.

Not exactly as I have to enable Javascript to see full threads on Reddit, or to see Twitter at all. Not so for these forums. You don’t even need a Battle.net account.

I guess it’s better than Tumblr.

A poor assumption.

You are correct.

I don’t use Twitter. Twitter gives access to their communications platform for free so I assume their communications platform is also an advertisement platform. No thank you. Meanwhile, I like you, are a paying customer. We pay to be able to communicate on this platform. This, and the official website, are the official communications platform for the game. So, the expectation is that pertinent information about the game would be posted on the official forum and/or the official website. Management needs to stop trying to “leak” information over social media so it will go “viral”. I’m not going to follow or chase after them, all over the internet, just to get a bit of news. I’ve already paid. Let them chase and follow me.

They are still within their right to do post info on social media so long as they post it on the official communications channels described above at the same time.

15 Likes

Tbh D4 needs its own forums ASAP where all that stuff should be posted.

6 Likes

It’s laziness. They’ve been doing this for years. People love to make excuses for it but it’s absurd to try and force everyone to use your launcher then turn around and use an abusive third party dumpster fire of a company to communicate with your customers. They should be steering people away from twitter.

11 Likes

I was really looking forward to the D4 blog tomorrow, well that is not going to happen.
When it is up next week and it only covers audio I hope some of you will enjoy it.

Blizzard got 99 problens and a D4 blog or season 25 preview ain’t one if them. Lol

5 Likes

Are you new here? They have been neglecting the forum for years. And the three or four guys now are even better at it as the one gal was.

2 Likes

We all got problems lol and a d4 blog ain’t 1… However i’ll catch the news later than never this time i guess xD.

Audio is an interesting topic, but it should have been one of the last. We need the rough topics sooner than later so that our feedback is really taken into consideration and applied to the game if adequate.

Now, if they plan to release D4 in 2025, audio is fine now.

2 Likes