They no longer love us are they breaking up with us?

I’m more worried about the fact that it was delayed in the first place, suggesting that the firings and scandals are more detrimental to the game development than we like to think.

Btw when it comes to audio, Matt Uelmen or bust.

4 Likes

D2R is the reason for delay. All of the support eyes are on it. Expect another delay if some crucial exploit is found these weeks.

I’m going to go ahead and disagree with you. If they make a separate forum then they will start all that pre-order and pay just to post in that separate forum bull****. Before they start all that garbage, let them get their panties straight and put on properly, and post the info. in the official channels that we already pay for.

Side note: The stars above (****) are a self-censored expression of my PoV in observance of CoC.

Or they can do Early Access. I am all for it. Let me make your game better, Blizzard.

I could get on board with early access. However, I’m not going to pay a dime to partake. Unfortunately, Blizz is likely to give the streamers early access and the rest of us will end up waiting for the beta or release.

1 Like

Pretty sad they dont post info on the forum.

Though if the topic is audio, they could delay it indefinitely for all I care :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Agreed, they’ve done it before for the last quarterly update:

So again, it’s not all that crazy to expect them to do it again.

Either way, I’m just glad to know we’re still getting quarterly updates (even if it’s delayed), and to know what the topic pertains to, so folks who aren’t interested can simply skip it until the next blog update.

Not all of us, just saying. :rofl:

This forum is hyper targeted to Diablo 3. News should be published here and to the BNet App the same time it is published on social media.

For me, posts on Blizzard’s Twitter fall through the cracks, I don’t sign into Twitter, ever. I don’t subscribe to Twitter topics, I don’t care much for Twitter as a platform. So D3 news won’t reach me unless someone like Avalon or Meteorblade re-posts it here.

Think of it this way, I subscribe my interest to this particular game, I don’t care about WoW, Overwatch, Blizzard Company news (good or bad) etc. It’s not worth regularly sifting through the cross-selling noise to learn what I care about. Therefore I don’t do it.

8 Likes

Just keep an eye on this next week for the D4 blog :point_down:

2 Likes

Anyone still visiting the D3 forums can probably be seen in this one thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Again it is still a poor assumption. Just because the first page doesn’t have a new 200+ threads every 30-35 mins. is not a metric for forum visitation. Many folks, including me, lurk and surf through the forums while not logged in. I’m not chasing a 20,000+ post count or read count to get level 3. Even if what you and Kargon said were true, it would still be inconsequential with respect to communication through official channels versus “leaked” info for viral spread purposes and/or social media celebrity. Its OK to post the info. in more than two places at once as long as the first place is part of the official channels.

2 Likes

IS IT TOO HARD to write several character on official forum about situation with quarterly blog delay, Dear CM ? Is it so hard? I dont understand what is your job so (sorry for this, its not my bussiness). angry dissapointed :pensive:

3 Likes

Sorry, forgot the /sarcasm tag. But still, low post numbers is often a sign of few visitors. Like we’re seeing perhaps just about 30 new posts a day in the general forums, not many lurkers are going to come visit if there is nothing new posted to read.

what is a twitter ? is that some kind of trash can

1 Like

True. There have been many times where I’ve skimmed through the first 30 to 50 threads on page one while logged out and there wasn’t stuff I was interested in reading or just wasn’t motivated enough to jump into those conversations. There are times where I might only read a few threads and not all the way through them either.

The lack of ability or willingness to communicate with the player community is hurting them. Their failures/screw-ups with their core games adds another layer to their problems. Their seemingly lack of ability to strike a balance in satisfying the player desires is stirring the problems around and their legal troubles is compounding all of the above. Just to make things more complicated they are some what trying to adhere to the “soon™” approach to making games and that crap isn’t going to work in current era. There are some agile indie shops that will grab market share and steal eyeballs away from Blizzard’s products.

2 Likes

No answer from CM at all. They just dont see these our posts. I’m tired of fighting for a normal Bliz… Let go and forget.

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing about twitter…
I guess the perspective is different, but they should use their own platform (forums and launcher) to communicate officially to their audience alongside social media.

2 Likes

Most people didn’t have personal computers in the 20th century, so no. Forums were cool even 10 years back.

It’s not our fault, that a lot of people are so dumb nowadays and lack attention span to the point, that they can’t follow a thought through a single paraggraph, let alone several.

They prefer their trash, echo chamber social medias, where there’s no room for nuance or complex thought, and instead you have to contain yourself to a single sentence.

Probably, because of all the critiques they would have to endure. D3 on release, recent all expansions… all garbage, and of course the forums are full of negative threads… because so many of the broken things on release are things any gamer with common sense can point out are nonsense (and are usually reported during alpha, closed beta), and they shouldn’t have passed internal testing… and yet they end up on the live version of the game.

And aside from few content creators, most gamers, that care enough to post in an attempt to reach the devs and try to get them to fix what’s broken in their games… for the most part they have the good sense to contain themselves to the dedicated forums for the specific game.

Meanwhile, the devs exploit that and avoid the official forums altogether.
It doesn’t surprise me, as throughout the last decade or so, they’ve demonstrated themselves to be out of touch plenty of times.

That literally makes no sense.

Also, those are cesspools full of people with the IQ of room temperature… in Celsius.
Why people would spend their time on those is something I’ll never understand. I am 33 still, and yet I feel like a grandpa…

In that sense, spending time on their forums, talking to their dedicated players, learnign to take criticism and fixing their games over the years would have done them some good…
Instad… how did you say it… they rejected honor and chose to low-key teabag their own, then fault the victims…

I am seriously wondering what type of environment such people are living in… no friends or relatives to knock some sense into them?

1 Like

Last reported figures gives twitter 200 million+ daily users. The forums has a fraction of a fraction of those numbers.

Dedicated players are rarely on the same page as the average gamer, and the average gamer is who pays the bills.