There will be no lobbies on console!

Just stating the obvious. D3 has no lobbies, so D2 will not get them either.

If D2 was getting lobbies they would have let us know already.

Probably a Refund for me. I’ll hold out until the release date for any news.

12 Likes

Not true.
D3 doesnt have lobbies on PC either and its a totally different game.

Despite that the current forced matchmaking system is totally broken.

D2 WILL have full functionality on consoles or they will have another Warcraft 3 Reforged at their hands.
Nobody wants that.

10 Likes

I really hope you are right, but I feel like it’s an easy answer from the developers, and they keep ignoring it.

3 Likes

I think the devs want to do good and fix it.
They love Diablo and dont want to leave the console community with a broken shadow of the game.

Its just that someone very disconnected from the community on consoles thought it was a good idea to give us this dumbed down version to see how the feedback will be.
Possibly even some corporate guy that thought to know what works better on console than the real D2 functionalities.

4 Likes

I’ll be requesting a refund as well. Without lobbies there’s no game.
If miraculously an official comments positively on this matter I’ll instantly rebuy it… till then, I’ll stick to the good old D2 classic.

7 Likes

Like I said. I hope you are right. But one thing I know for sure is that when they have Beta tests, you don’t magically get things added afterwards. What you see is what you get.

There are no lobbies for the console version of D2, or we would be testing them out. Doesn’t make much sense to have working lobbies and not Beta test them. So, I’m almost 100 percent sure that Diablo 2 Resurrected on console will have no lobbies. Nest case scenario is they tell us they will add them latter, but I’m calling it now. That will not happen.

1 Like

I fear you are right. Should have named the console version Diablo 2: Reforged instead…

7 Likes

They will:

a) Release only PC on schedule and postone console version 2-3 months because of the lobby debacle.

b) Adress the issue, release it in current state and add lobbies later in a patch 1-2 months post launch.

or:

c) Have a game dead on arrival on consoles, massive losses in sales and a PR catastrophe = Warcraft 3 Reforged 2.0.

I genuinely DONT think that c) will happen.
For an all digital game in 2021 release is just a date of access, not a date where development suddenly stops.

1 Like

In fact, diablo 2 resurected for xbox / ps is not a complete game without a chat system and game / game name search. On PC versions, the game is complete with the lobby system. Consoles ignored in this regard … The game is not complete without a lobby. I can’t imagine joining random games all the time in a multiplayer game. The multiplayer game doesn’t work the way the good old diablo should. The main feature of this game is the trade and grind option in the party system. I can’t imagine playing online without other players … I won’t buy the game without a lobby and no game development system like on a PC. Diablo 2 resurected for consoles is not a copy of the old PC version

6 Likes

You need game name creation and some kind of game list to join, doesnt have to be same lobby as on pc , But ingame Chat is a must have on start

5 Likes

.We have to hope that they will listen to the players’ trial … There is no point in playing on consoles without the multiplayer system … Well … Without the games system visible from the menu, there is no option to play this outstanding production … I can’t imagine joining for random games all the time waiting for someone to create a game suitable for my preferences, such as baalrun etc. I won’t buy the game without this feature. The PC version is possible, so the console version must also be available, otherwise the game is not complete …

1 Like

For me, the writing is on the wall. Option C is exactly what is going to happen. I just don’t see any proof or hint of hope for consoles to get lobbies. Like I said, they don’t magically add content any time soon after a Beta. What you see, plus bug fixes, is what you get on release.

I agree with everything you said :100:!

Yeah, this would work too, but continued silence is what we will get. They don’t want to say anything because most people will not check to see that the game has no lobbies before they purchase.

Common sense says they must add lobbies because console version is broken without them and would be stupid not to and they would lose a lot of money from refunds. I don’t think they are that silly. But we will see.

2 Likes

We might get the lobbies.

This topic is the second most talked about topic on the forums next to personal loot and it’s the only topic that everyone agrees with 100%.

The fact that they added in ladder rune words and items into non-ladder and it wasn’t a unanimous decision between Diablo 2 fans means we can have hope.

Just everyone who has this concern who hasn’t spoken up about it yet should speak up about it

2 Likes

I fear the same… We’ve no heard one peep about this topic… sad day for us all :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, that they are staying quiet about the subject, and the fact that we know Beta releases are pretty much what you get on release makes me pretty confident on starting the topic with the fact that we will not be getting lobbies.

There is a thread about the PC lobbies having major issues on Reddit, so, if we were getting lobbies on console, they would want our feedback.

1 Like

It’s just not what I want to hear… but I feel exactly the same.

What do you all mean by “lobbies”? do you mean a list of all open games that you can possibly join? (as opposed to only seeing your friends list playing D2R and being able to join them only).

1 Like

Yes. We want it to be how it used to be on PC and how the PC version of D2R is. There is normally a list of games with names that you can join or create your own. They’re good for specific repeated runs like Baal runs or chaos runs or trying to make trades etc.

3 Likes

Ah OK. I’m a solo player, don’t care for group play (same as with D3), so have never looked at it on either PC (classic D2) or D2R on my PS4. I know a lot of people love group play, so I can understand why it’s an important feature to them.

I don’t care for PVP and I dislike pkers. And you can’t get scammed when playing solo. Much more fun for me from my perspective!

2 Likes