The Whirlwind Rend Nerf is effectively more than 7 Tiers

3 Likes

I don’t know what made you think single target skills are better in GRift. This is not true. The top GR build of almost every class is AoE build.

Impale was almost never the top 1 GR build of DH. Even for the long time Impale domainated 99% of DH leaderboard the top 1 build was Nat+Marauder or UE grenade

I Think the trolls here like doing math or think they good at it at least.
As Meteorblade-2266] and Nataraja-11890] said:

End results of nerf for s19 barbs =

WW/Rend Barb at low paragon (1k - 5k) = gr110(give or take +/- xxx? grs)

Mark my words. Well see the leader boards when s19 starts (if its without lam 200%) buff.

Don’t believe me? I’ll be glad to play the weakest build of all in s19 and show you again. Note : waiting for Micro to start false claims again, saying it’s not the weakest.

Not sure if seasonal leaderboards will give us the most accurate representation of the power of the build, what with that seasonal buff. Now granted, they’ve said the 500 killstreak angels ‘should no longer one-shot rift guardians’, but not having had the chance to test it again in the PTR, we’re all in the dark until the season starts…

everyone in season gets the buff, its not only us. In other words. IT makes no diff, give or take +/- xxx??? grs

The way I look at it (and the way I think much of the barb community looks at it) is that builds fall into certain roles because of Blizzard’s miserable attempts at balancing this game. For example, ww and raekors barbs are also good at zdps and horrible in group dps play.

This isn’t something written in stone or even intended by Blizzard. That’s just where those barbs ended up. Rather than ask for Bliz to perfect these builds in their zdps niche, I would like to see all builds capable of pushing 140 solo. I’d certainly like to see 1 barb build able to do it. As someone who prefers ww barbs since the start of D2, I’d like to see that build be the ww barb. Who cares how it deals damage? I know I don’t. And I also know Blizz has never decreed that AoE builds can’t do high end damage.

For you to say “AoE builds shouldn’t push 140” is just arbitrary nit-picking. That may be your opinion, but there’s nothing behind it make it canon that we have to impose on other builds. Again, I don’t care how builds do damage. If you want to push your favorite build, I’m certainly not going to stand in your way. It’s sloppy game design for Blizzard to do so, as well. Remember, this isn’t an MMO where classes have defined roles. This is an ARPG with single-player as well as group content. All builds should be able to participate at the high end of both. I know that’s completely unrealistic, but I’ll take 1 at a time if I can get it–DH builds included.

3 Likes

And yet, ATM Rapid Fire seems to dominate. It’s more or less a Single Target Skill, although it has piercing capability, like the WD Dart Build.

If people in this thread really, actually cared about balance, they should advocate foe one of the following:

Either more single target specs should be the top specs (skills like Hammer for Barb, Dart for WD, Rapid Fire / Impale for DH),
or they should be advocating for even specs like Multishot and WW to be able to clear 140.

But my impression throughout the years is, that Diablo… hell, Blizzard players in general don’t advocate for balance. They either advocate for revanchism or they just advocate for their build to be powerful, disregarding everything else.

Yours sincerely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Precisely. So one doesn’t have to wait for season 19 to start to get an idea about how WW is shaping up - you can start right now. Not having played it myself, I can only go by what others who are far more knowledgeable about Barbarian builds and mechanics are saying, and seems to me that they are, to put it mildly, unhappy.

The diff between barbs and dh is:

1: Dh multishot = high aoe, good dps, evasion/dodge
2: shadow impale = High dps, Low aoe, evasion/dodge

barbs:
1.zdps , no dps, waste of a slot
2.hota : single target dps, slow, boring
3.leap slam : slow, boring, somewhat dps???
4.rend/ww : out of the picture(gather a bunch of babies wait for them to die). -%200 rend dps = 1% realistic dps - xxx% area damage.

conclusion: id much rather go with a dh. Wouldnt you?

1 Like

Oh, so you go by D2 logic and saying, that WW should be capable of being an endgame Barb build. I can completely respect that.
You also say, that all builds should be capable of pusing 140 solo. I also respect that.
Forgive me, it wasn’t the impression I was getting from the tread.

No. I was just going by D3 logic.

If Barb is behind other classes, by all means, it should be buffed.
My personal issue is, that specs I find enjoyable (such as Multishot) are relatively weak compared to others. If you look at the ladder, you’ll see Rapid Fire (more of a single target skill with piercing capabilities) dominating, in a similar fashion to WD Darts.
Just by looking at that it’s clear to me, that they were pushing more single target specs for end game as opposed to AoE. It hasn’t always been the case, but this seems to be the direction (whether I like it or not).

One thing that really annoyed me about this game, was that Darts build (which used to be strong, then for many seasons it was useless) finally made a return.
I’m not sure if they can balance single target vs AoE right… I hope they do, but I’ve lost any and all faith in this game. I used to play to the point, that I can land in top 100 on a solo ladder. Nowadays I play casually.

But again, if your standard is, that all (or at least more specs) should be 140 viable, including WW, I can respect that and I agree…
i simply doubt, that others would agree.

Your just missing one thing from all of that, I am one of the barbarians. ^

Congratulations on your leaderboard position, just by-the-by. So, are you happy with the changes to WW?

Apart from the kill streak bonus… I mean you doing higher GR is logical because of the KS?

Is this really a question? if it is you can view the season 17 barb leader boards #196. I was the highest ww barb of the league.

s18 i was also on the boards but i didnt play the whole season(fell a bit behind)

season 19: watch me do it again

conclusion: Well this is more of a question really. Do you think i want to farm 1300 paragon just to be at/or the same current positions i hold with a build that hasnt changed from sitting on the low tier build list? Do rat runs over and over again just to level gems? spend 1 in a 100 key stone for a festering woods to push?

1 Like

Unfortunately no. WW at 0% Lamentation is clearly undertuned.

Devs aren’t good at balancing this game. That’s why it’s been in this state for over 5 years.

“Hold on you have to be fighting this specific mobtype for your WW to deal damage” is not a valid argument.

And to make things worse, they are saying they need to wait and see how WW does in Season 19 before they make adjustments, which makes no sense because Season 19’s buff has nothing to do with WW and will dissapear in a few months, leaving WW still a mess.

1 Like

The killstreak theme wasn’t a factor because the PTR clearance was done on my non-seasonal hero, i.e. without the theme, as was my live clearance. I’m comparing like-for-like.

PTR. Non-seasonal. Paragon 3159. GR123. 12 minutes 26 seconds.

Live. Non-seasonal. Paragon 3201. GR110. 14 minutes 38 seconds.

It’s the same hero.
It’s the same gear.
Very similar paragon.
Direct comparison.
PTR non-seasonal = GR123
Live non-seasonal = GR110

4 Likes

only 110 on non seasonal? live? you can do better im sure

ive done 112 on non season live. and i have barly 2k paragon.

1 Like

PTR = GR (X)
Live = GR (X - 13)
It’s irrelevant what X is.

My hero didn’t change.
My skill level didn’t change.
My paragon barely changed.
The change was Lamentation.

2 Likes

True but i was just trying to point out you can do better if you tried. But it doesn’t get much higher.