The Whirlwind Rend Nerf is effectively more than 7 Tiers

Not for Rats. 105 - 110 must be done in 2-3 minutes.
Your 13 min. would never make it into a rat run.

NO ITS NOT!
gods im sick of this stupid argument, its how we ended up at trillions of damage in the first place.

NERF WHEN IT MAKES SENSE TO DO SO.
only buff when there is clear data that ONE thing is under performing ITS TARGET. its ok to have many different things in games with DIFFERENT targets.

just because one build can do 150 content, doesnt mean every build should. it should be balanced around player skill and to some degree, content itself. for instance, if one build is super easy to fly through all content at T80, it doesnt mean it also needs to be the rivaling builds that suck at T80, but are capable of ~140 with a lot of work and forethought. a build that macros every key should not be as powerful as a built that requires manual timing. a build that requires paying attention should out perform a build that just spams its way through content.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize you were referring to rat runs, i thought u meant regular solo grs. My apology.

1 Like

Absolutely brutal and sad. :frowning:

Not a problem friend.
I feel the wall for WW Rend Barb at low paragon (1k - 5k) is above gr100.

Every thing tends to melt under that level.
But above 100+ it gets ugly fast.

Did you stumble upon the wrong thread? This post is about Whirlwind Barbs. :cn::grinning:

Videos were really good at demonstrating damage or more accurately the lack of. Didn’t see any really poor decision making especially on the festering map.

Regardless of whether slight build changes could be made, this looks as if the true top end of the build. And yes, fishing for 1/1000 grift to do 1-2 GR better means this is pretty much top end.

Thanks for taking the time to make these and I hope WW gets some raw power put back in

that pretty much sums it up. Im not going to farm to max paragon level to be able to do 1 run of gr 110+ when the other classes/builds can do 10/10 at lower paragon in row.

1 Like

Don’t forget, some even claimed that the PTR version with 200% on the belt could do 144-146. Your claim of 143 seems quite conservative vs. what some of the “data analyst” were claiming.

Just went back to your video again.
You already supplied evidence that it is not 10 Gr.
In " Diablo III 2.6.7 - Nerfed Whirlwind Rend 133 Istvans Elite HP Test - Battlefields" (currently the first video in your original post) you kill that first yellow in ~2:50. You focus on it alot, but you use the weaker rune and your Rampage uptime is not great.

In the 140 clear, with the right rune and very high Rampage/Bloodbath uptime it takes ~4:20 to kill the first yellow. While he did not focus it as much at the start, the last minute he focuses it even more than you did. In total he spent more time hitting it during Coe than you did, with a stronger rune.

Ah, the fun police.

So you don’t understand D3’s basic structure. Got it. That’s why you throw a childish temper tantrum. Nerfing doesn’t create diversity; it does the opposite in a game like this. If you understood the basic structure of D3 you’d know why that’s true. Lamentations nerf, this and many other threads ought to give you a good idea why nerfing is bad in a game like this. If you don’t understand read and re read the OP until you do.

In other games, yes nerfing does serve a purpose. Because of their structure being different from this.

No nerfs to AoV, put the GD multiplier back on Lamentation Devs. It was a knee jerk nerf done for bad reasons. Nerfs to other builds aren’t going to make me want to play WoTW. Not after playing it in all its glory on PTR. Only putting the multiplier back on the belt is going to do that.

Because Arch is honest, that’s why the numbers look conservative. He isn’t a DH or Wiz main trying to push an underhanded agenda.

If you want an actual test, go fight a single target rift guardian. That should be comparable.

The only “evidence” you’re surfacing here is that the playstyle, mob type, and decision making on one video was different and/or better than another.

As I said before, it’s quite obvious that GR140 was not the limit for Rend in PTR, and even Dark himself said he could have gone to 144, which I absolutely agree with.

144 vs 133 is an 11 tier difference.

I mentioned 143 because I’m being conservative, but the nerf clearly gutted WW when you’re talking about needing a 1 in 1000 rift to clear 133 on live.

3 Likes

Just to add to the fact that this patch’s so called “balancing” is a complete farce.

2 Likes

Oh I gotcha.

You are 100% right on that.

D3 has had a lot of catastrophic patches and events but this one is pretty incredible. 150 solo sader! Bazooka is still a thing.

Terrible. :ghost:

Show us a single target RG then.

Also with Rend kill time on yellows is a meaningful estimate. His build is better, his Rampage buff is better, it takes him more time (not just rift time, but actual damage uptime) to kill a yellow.

Agreed; class warfare posts should be against the CoC. What happened with Lamentation was the result of trolls using scare tactics. Those people (fun police) need to be modded out of any discussion which impacts the game.

1 Like

That’s cool. How about you show us your 133 videos? Hit me up when it’s uploaded.

2 Likes

So how much an hour are you paying for people to test your theory? Last time I looked none of us work for you.

2 Likes

Nice straw man.

I get it, it is much easier to upload 3 videos to Youtube where things don’t work out, than actually just play 1 rift to the end and see how long the RG takes.
After all, that would carry the risk of being proven wrong.