The Whirlwind Rend Nerf is effectively more than 7 Tiers

Well that’s the thing. The best defense is a great offense. It’s why glass cannons work so well. As I’m sure I don’t have to tell you spinning in one place in a mass of mobs is a sure recipe for death. If you can’t kill mobs quick no matter how tough you are you’re a goner. It’s for damn sure I can’t do a 133 because I don’t have the skills. I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong it’s just the limitation off WWrend. The way health stacks on mobs a small damage improvement makes little difference. with sufficient damage you could probably push higher without more toughness.

You heal more than half your life in less than half a second. Put some Paragon into Vitality, it’s not that hard to do.
The 140 clear also used Ignore Pain, which you dropped.

I’m talking about the live server, not the PTR.

Please show me your live patch WW 133 clear.

Give me 10000 Paragon, perfect barb gear, 150 augments and that 1 in 1000 Festering and I give you a 133.

Ok so you’re simply theorizing based on math and not on gameplay in the live patch with the nerfs active.

I can do that too. Look how easy it is;

As I mentioned in the thread, yes you can do a 133 in a 1 in 1000 festering. But that’s not the point. 133 in live will still put you behind what 1 in 1000 could have done in PTR, which is easily 143 or higher.

That’s still a 10 GR difference, not 7.

3 Likes

And you have no basis for claiming a 10 GR drop. You used the wrong rune for some videos, then with the right rune you died a bunch of times because you refuse to add toughness to the build by simply including IP. You were fighting a mob type that is worse for this rune and likely still would have kept up with the timer without the deaths.

You have not given me a single logical argument for why my maths and arguments would not be accurate, but weren’t even able to understand that the 140 clear had a different elemental type for whirlwind and rend, or why the rend rune that has always been the best is still the best (though by a smaller margin due to the reduced duration of rend)

Thanks for playing indeed.

I already told you, it’s easy to see that with 200% Lamentation the build could have gone higher than 140.

So if you’re saying you need a 1 in 1000 Fester to do 133 on live – just a 133 – you’re still way behind what PTR could have done with the same map, which is clearly 143+.

You’re still 10 GR behind.

4 Likes

ill have do disagree with you, I am on live patch leaderboards with less then 2k paragon. Ive cleared gr112 in 13 min, rank #181. So if your telling me you need 10k paragon 150 augs to do 133, your just as bad as a noob. 133 - 112 = 21grs off.

10k - 2k = 8k

your arguement = you need 8k paragon to do gr133? doesnt this tell you something? open your eyes and ears. “UNDERSTAND” the point of view.

I play barb as a main, im not going to farm 10k paragon on a barb to barly do gr133. Im sure you will not either.

No, I’m saying if you get that same 1 in 1000 Festering on live now in a 133, with the same gear and build that Darkpatator had on the PTR you would be just as far ahead of the timer.
He also used Hellfire, which was better in the leadup to the pylon, while you are using FoT.

DarkPatator’s 140 wasn’t a perfect map by any stretch and the build could have clearly gone higher.

As it stands in live, and you can test this yourself, the build does poorly on 133 with both runes.

So if your argument is that on live Barb now needs 10,000 paragon and a dream rift to clear a 133, you’re still at 133.

While the PTR Rend clearly could have gone to 143.

Again I’m going to ask for your 133 live clear. “Give me a p10k barb and I’ll do it” is not evidence.

Where’s your video?

Unfortunately 133 vs 112 means monsters have 19.7 times as much hp, so the difference is much bigger than you might expect (He has around 8m sheet dmg in his videos)

8k paragon = alot of damage. So don’t be telling me the difference) 10k paragon can EASILY DOUBLE or EVEN TROUBLE your dps.

Did you even read my last post?
I’m saying that same map with same gear on live is the same in 133 as 140 on PTR with the buff.
How about you get me a video of you using Bloodbath Rune against Zombie Grotesque with high density, even on a small map, without you dieing and having near constant dps uptime. Then we can actually see how you do against the timer.
That would actually be useful, unlike asking someone with 3k Para and no Barb gear to produce a 133 clear.

If he has triple your damage and could get a 133, you would need to do a 126 to be equal. (Let’s say 123 and you can use Unity to make up for the inflated toughness)

No, I stopped reading your posts. The only thing I’ll acknowledge is if you post a video of your Barb running 133.

Do you need more paragon to push 133? I suggest you get to farming so you can post some videos for us to see.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I assumed.
You have no factual argument, do not adress any point I bring up and just make up some conspiracy theory that the numbers are gimped.

Because you’re making claims demanding evidence from others without providing evidence yourself.

You nitpick videos other people post and are adjusting the what if circumstances to create a perfect situation where 133 is simple to do on live.

That is why I won’t listen to what you have to say unless you start posting your own evidence.

Yes, in perfect circumstances you can do 133 now with great mobs and gameplay.

And with great mobs and gameplay, PTR could do 143. That is a 10 GR difference, not 7.

That’s my claim. Make some videos of live gameplay if you want people discussing what you’re claiming. I’m not going to churn out videos for you. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Definitely not!
Even at 2K paragon with 110+ augs on all ancient/primal gear 105 - 110 is not possible.

Im sorry but I have already proved you wrong.(on the live nerfed patch) You can view my profile at edurty#11167. Currently tank #181 gr112 13 min NA SERVER. Feel free to check me out.

110augs obo
1898 paragon
18k str

You got one thing wrong - with the new patch, you kill blighter faster.

They said they nerf it, but somehow blighter attacks much faster and you end up killing it much faster.