The S24 vault EXPLOIT has gone far enough

• i.e. using Vault runs to get 1-2 ethereal weapons on a level 6 hero, in order to make obtaining the Feat of Strength for collecting all 21 ethereal weapons quicker and easier.*

Remove this exploit and all of the achievements earned attached to it. This WAS NOT intended, and those of us earning the Transmogs through fair play are being ROBBED of our own achievement. The feat of strength is meaningless with this cheat going on, and those of us earning it through our hard work, sweat, and blood deserve to be the only players able to show off our transmogs.

The transmog is a trophy and people are stealing it… Remove the achievement from those that exploited the low level vaults.

1 Like

You are entitled to your opinion, but you do not make policy. Cheers.

38 Likes

Significantly reducing the droppable item base by running a very low level…
The ethereals can drop at any level…
Greeds bonus chance to drop legendary/set quality items…

The players saw the cogs, they meshed the gears together and spun the wheel. More power to the player. If they really wanted to stop it, they should have made it a level 70 drop before the season gate opened.

11 Likes

They are just Transmogs. Get over it.

25 Likes

Now that’s a flawed argument. You still have your “legit” achievement, that someone else also has it is entirely irrelevant.

Sure, the PTR that showed it was a thing, the fact that they left it in and specifically made a point of ethereals dropping at any level in the patch notes clearly scream “unintended”.

As opposed the other massively impressive feats of strength like “Logged in during
the StarCraft 20th anniversary” or “Reach level 70 in a season”?

11 Likes

You think climbing Everest is an ACHIEVEMENT these days? It sure used to be, but now people cheat and use oxygen and literal mech suits to do it for them. NOBODY cares if you’ve climbed Everest anymore. The ACHIEVEMENT was stolen from those who earned it through their hard work, sweat, and blood.

2 Likes

Indeed. Getting Ethereals at a low level when the loot table is very tiny, so your chances are higher is intended. They knew and did it on purpose so you can get them on alts pretty fast for transmog.

This was tested in the PTR and widely discussed.

Not an exploit and not getting fixed.

If someone wants to be the best diablo player ever and do it the hardest way possible, that is a personal decision. Heck, they can even make it harder by getting it on multiple accounts in multiple Regions!

False outrage is false. Also boring.

41 Likes

I never cared at all, I doubt the people that did it cares about anyone’s opinion. They shell out 50 grand+ for their personal satisfaction, not bragging rights.

3 Likes

Ummm, guess you didn’t realize Edmund Hillary and Tenzig Norgay used oxygen, also… Here’s an idea: go crack open a book and get some learnin’, instead of bragging about multiple PhD’s and complaining on forum boards.

4 Likes

Pretty sad how this community constantly tries to crush any resemblance of competition and true achievement in this game just because they want it “free and now”. Literally the type of players that would enable “god mode” if they found a code.

1 Like

This is just false. :upside_down_face:

5,788 different people have climbed Mount Everest and reached the summit, as of January 2021.

See:
5,790 People Have Climbed Mount Everest (haexpeditions.com)

Competition? True Achievement? Don’t make me laugh. This is D3.
You want Competition and True Achievement in gaming? Join a Chess Club.
Edit: I forgot. You probably have International Grandmaster ranking along with your other accomplishments.

9 Likes

Apologies, but I’m literally picturing giant mechs walking up Mount Everest; and it’s making me have fits of laughter.

5 Likes

pfffft exactly my point. nobody was impressed until Reinhold Messner did it without oxygen. The literal GOAT of mountaineering. Maybe YOU should educate yourself. I myself am WELL versed in the history of mountaineering obviously.

the whole thing is meaningless. the only new feature is locked behind stupid grinding and cheesing methods. worsts season ever.

1 Like

Have you ever made a thread that wasn’t a troll post?

15 Likes

That’s a medical issue. Either you have a glandular problem or you’re morbidly obese. Take a break from the game.

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/JtIUCC6.jpg

when the squad is runnin hc speed 129’s and the doorbell rings a second time.

man people just need something to nitpick at…
I’d rather they did regular bans on people who cheat/hack/bot account share etc…

4 Likes

did you forget the bloodshard exploit? you give them an inch and they take a mile. Just look at what happened with turboHud. Thankfully they didn’t mess around with that big streamer that was openly botting on stream. Blizzard put a Chain on that guys botting.

And now people exploit this seasons biggest reward? Getting the entire thing done under an hour of cheesing? This isnt “nitpicking”, this is saving Diablo 3. MLK too was also hated for his blood, sweat, and tears saving America, but people eventually came around and saw he was right, and now he’s a hero.