The one thing you would change if you could

I would include an option to auto-pick up loot. Allow a setting for just gems or just rares, etc, or just pick up everything, like I do.

1 Like

I would remove all these massive multipliers to

• damage
  • damage reduction and other kinds of defense
  • resource cost reduction
  • cooldown reduction
  • etc

… on sets and legendaries and replace them with more interesting special affixes, like these:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Z5NswCo

1 Like

You have to be able to solo a 4 man 120 to do this. You never know who might show up and you have to inadvertently carry.

When I’m in that mode, I just drive it.

I start the GRs, explain what I’m doing, and let it go. If folks want to dilly dally, they can skip this run and join the next one. But I’m a gonna go go go.

I get yelled at sometimes, but honestly, if they’re not there to play, on this schedule, feel free to leave. In the end, I get more “group runs” than not. Even if they’re not full groups, I selfishly still get the XP.

But I never do this on my “just on the edge” GRs, I dial them back for the group runs. Because you never know who’s just going to show up and be more a burden than help. Life in Sanctuary.

That makes a lot of sense other than I do not think they would go for the five sockets in a single weapon. Over 600% CHD on one item they may balk at

In my previous post I was trying to focus more on the Special Affixes.

Yes, the concept art / mock-ups I made were more of a complete redesign of itemization as a whole, not just the Legendary Special Affixes, but in this context I was trying to say that the orange legendary affixes in these concept arts / mockups are more of what I would have liked Special Affixes to be in D3 (instead of ‘Skill X deals 800% more damage’)

If Itemization would be redesigned as a whole into something that is more like the concept art I have linked in my earlier post, then gems had to be reworked as well, …
https://i.imgur.com/vxNiCtz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ufD0VZB.jpg

… and you also could only socket 1 of the same gem into an item with 3 sockets, and 2 of the same gems into an item with 6 sockets.

That is how I would balance it if 2-handed weapons had 6 sockets.

2 Likes

You got 9 stars out of 10 from me first time. I got that and the effort you put in to create that is commendable. It would be a game-changer and the game would take on a whole new life of its own if they did that with every item.

I have no idea how much that would affect their existing core design and coding, but your suggestion is certainly valuable and a great alternative.

1 Like

Thank you, that is nice to hear!

I do not make these concept arts because I want them to be implemented into the game, but rather because I can’t do any different.

What I mean by that is that I actually have a lot of fun with coming up with these ideas and then turning them into mock-ups / concept art. My mind is just naturally full of this stuff.

I have hundreds, if not thousands more of these item concepts written down in word documents.

I just like doing it, even if it does not get implemented in the game.

But I am glad you like my work.

I have a lot more of it and other things on my imgur profile, if you are interested:
https://imgur.com/user/cluesox/posts

1 Like

Better density in GR maps.

If I were Blizzard God, every main skill would have an equal number of supporting items to help better balance the range of builds we can create.

There are many many unused skill builds that could be a lot of fun, that never get used because there is almost no support for the skills, denigrating the build to a T-10 or T-16 LoD build at best, and most are non competitive in GR’s only wishing to even hit a GR70 with the best gear.

1 Like

Some one is still playing on a tater.

You will respect my tater. It’s MY tater.

2 Likes

Your artwork is really great. Some great designs there!

1 Like

That’s fine. Still doesn’t mean D3 has demanding specs your bargain best buy desktop can run it these days.

When joining public GR, make it impossible to join a GR which has already started. It was actually like this before, until a very clever dev (cough, cough…) inexplicably changed it. Now half of the GRs I join have already started and I need to wait or look for another one…

I would add some sort of player housing that can be developed and improved.
I would also add mannequins for armor in it, so I can store unused sets and items in a more structured way than piling it all into stash. Perhaps even allow to save your current setup completely onto a manequin, so by pressing 1 button you can completely swap all gear/runes/spells.

1 Like

Skills shouldn’t even need support items in the first place to be useful.

Items should enhance a skill without being mandatory to be efficient.

Instead of ‘Skill X deals 800% increased damage’ on Legendary A and ‘Skill Y deals 800% increased damage’ on Legendary B it imo would be a lot more interesting if

• Legendary A would give something like ‘10% chance to cast Meteor on attack’,
  • Legendary B would give ‘4% chance to reanimate enemies as Colossal Golgor’,
  • and Legendary C would give ‘Gain 10% of your Lightning Resistance as additional Lightning Damage added to this weapon’.

Then you actually had a choice if it is correctly balanced, but with Skill-specific legendaries you do not have this choice.

Thank you!

1 Like

My one thing would be:

Items actually work as advertised.

4 Likes

Legendary drop rate has to be lower. After so many grifts im throwing out 99.9% of all the stuff i get. Cheapens the experience.

1 Like

I want to rebind my left mouse button. I don’t like having click-to-move bound to an ability key. I want to separate them.

I know I can bind force move to another key, and I know I can bind force stand still to yet another, but I shouldn’t have to. Force move on left click without accidentally attacking a mob would be a dream.

I also know this topic has been beat to death, but come on.

5 Likes

I understand that - only to a point. Keep in mind if they do that, the already high RNG on getting a useful primal will also exponentially increase with a decreased drop rate.
Additionally, the ability to reforge will also decrease as there will be less forgotten souls available too. Just an observation.

1 Like