The No Lobbies, PC Controller, and Loot System Experience

oh now i get it, you don’t even play vanilla at all. if you did, you would see 90% of the games listed are in fact filled with a bots. every difficulty setting is swarming with them. botters in vanilla are now the majority. i should know, i actually play PC d2 still.

1 Like

You’re naive if you don’t think I don’t know that public lobbies are infested with

Hammerdinbaalbot-2447 etc. These games are a blessing for leveling knowing I don’t have to worry about loot but know I’ll be able to be helped leveling up then go solo mf and get all the loot for myself anyway. Lmao

Botting should be combated by blizzards prestigious bnet 2.0 that they always hail for security reasons anyway. If bots exist on d2r that’s blizzard / VV fault

actually many people are running single client bots too, they openly advertise them in chat non-stop. there isn’t a single legit game being played, it’s either bot runs or enchant games. is this what we want d2r to become? really?

Like I just said, if bots exist in d2r that’s :100: percent blizzard / VV fault.

Not to mention bans on d2r would be bnet account bans and not cdkey bans, something that was easily circumvented by buying new cdkeys for 2$ or whatever it was.

so no blame on the players using them eh. with pl loot, all those bots would only play private games. last thing they want is giving loot to the people following them around. sure it’s hiding the problem but that’s ok, better than having them infest open games too.

If someone was running a public hammerdin Baal bot I promise you it wasn’t for loot but for experience. They would run solo bots for loot anyways. Baal / chaos bots actually helped the community in the sense that there was always someone running a group game to help people level their characters.

I ran like 12 hammerdins at one point and they all played solo, know why? LOOT!

The only time I changed any to public games was to pay it forward and help people level their new characters.

Facts bro this kid doesn’t understand what a Baal chamber full of darksouls will do to a naked leecher.

It goes like this

“Leecher was slain by dark soul” x20

Hardcore players FEARED Baal runs solely because of dark souls and their ability to one shot a player if a pack was centered at the entrance of a new level.

2 Likes

You are not wrong but to be fair players didn’t quit d2lod because of ffa loot either. They quit because blizzard left it to die. Bots and dupers allowed to run rampant. There have always bin bots and people dupping but there was a time when blizzard did a darn good job slowing them down. It is my hope that with bnet 2.0 they can really step up there game and put up a good fight. Again not against ploot but that certainly isn’t what tanked the player base it was a combination of extreme dated graphics and abandonment on blizzards part.

3 Likes

Finally someone in this thread with knowledge of the actual problem

is it possible to have a conversation without personal attacks/assuming things that are not true? i have been gaming since black and white stand up arcade machines/pong were a thing, thanks.

Me too man but it’s fair to say you’re in the minority on that front. Anyone that actually played d2 scoffs at personal loot

Find me a thread that’s titled along the lines “I’m a veteran d2 player and want personal loot”

I’d be colored surprised if you found one, and not you making one because I said so

1 Like

Would never work

That would then decrease the average drop rate that a player sees when splitting those odds between 8 people

When someone screams that a jah rune dropped for them while their party member got nothing in their personalized drop……

Yea - won’t go over well and then you’ll hear more complaining than the complaining for ploot

1 Like

i have played d2 for well over 10k hours, off and on since beta/launch. unlike some people, i have an open mind. no where have i demanded PL. it’s just a suggestion.

i am fine with FFA loot, i will play no matter what. but i do think it would be nice to test it. why do people feel threatened if blizzard actually gives it a try in a beta server setting? what harm could that possibly have on the live game just to try it out?

it’s like people are fine with giving blizz 40 bucks just for a graphics update and nothing much else? does bobby really need a new yacht?

I’m not against it being tested. I’m against the sentiment that’s being displayed by the people for personal loot and their reasons for it without understanding that it already exists in the most optimal format of solo mfing. If they want to give it a try and put it on a PTR and get extensive feedback before they make a change? I’m all for that, but the feeling I’m getting is that everyone that is advocating for this wants a knee jerk change made before launch without any testing or feedback like I suggested.

You’re literally the first person to mention testing it and asking for feedback where everyone else here is screaming I want d3s loot system without openly saying it

again, no where in my posts have i demanded a change.

it’s a suggestion i would love to see blizzard explore.

anyways, you have fun now. i am off level up another sorc in D2 vanilla, there ain’t anything else to do. god, it looks so bad compared to d2r. lol!

Where in my Last reply did I single you out? I didn’t. I merely stated the sentiments from pro ploot players isn’t about the games overall well being but for their personal desires to how a game should be played because it’s all they know. I literally just said im not against it being put on a ptr with a Major discussion WITH THE DEVS regarding the issue.

Physical proximity isn’t good enough. If little leecher Johnny throws a bone spear from 4 screens away and gets a perfect crown of ages for doing nothing because his bone spear does 5 damage your okay with that? That feels way worse than someone who knows how to spam click a fkn screen lol.

I feel like y’all afraid pick it is going to be rampant. But then again the pro personal loot people refuse to acknowledge that solo mfing is superior regardless of ffa or personal loot

1 Like

can still get FFA loot and that loot amount can far more than what would be expected by random chance alone.

2 Likes

you edited before i could quote and missed the revision. i can’t help that. anyways, you are replying mostly just to me so i am going assume i am being singled out. just a hunch. w/e. done fighting for the day, hfgl!

I logged in specifically to reply to this post.

This brings back an amazing memory for me. One of my buddies was in a game with Diablo Clone in Chaos Sanctuary. Whoever he was with in the game was having a really hard time with him. I brought in my Smiter, which naturally made short work of him and I was able to get the Anni as well. Even though I came in and did all the work, there was a 1/3 chance I would not get the Anni. This made it that much more amazing when I did get it. I love Diablo II and am glad they haven’t changed this.