The next patch should be a balancing patch for DH

Now that we finally got the GoD set, hopefully the next patch is about keeping all of DH’s builds at at +/- 5 GR level. That would be so much fun isn’t it?
So which would be your fav build? Mine would be N6M4 Maelstrom.

Pure Set:
G6
M6 Gen/Spender
S6
UE6 MS
UE6 Gen
N6

Hybrids:
N6M4
S2M2 FOK
S6 A3
UE6CC3
N6 Rapid Fire
LOD Rapid Fire
LON Rapid Fire
LON FOK

etc…etc…

No. DH needs spot in meta groups and that is all. That would be fun.

I am about to uninstall again. Did 139 solo not interested to play solo anymore. At the time of clear I was rank 12 world for players with < 6000 Paragons.

Non season in EU is a ghost town.
DH is behind necro for speeds.
DH is behind crusader for RGK.

Playing 500 more solo GR 113s is boring

Sounds like you should try seasons to shake things up ?

2 Likes

The trombone noises and psychedelic lighting effects have shaken the game too much for me. #TurnItOff

1 Like

We need a spot in the meta, and the builds balanced within 1 GR of each other…I don’t wanna play god, can’t get it to work, which leaves me with s6 impale, and that’s a lot weaker than god from what I’m seeing on the console LBs. The new god build has pretty much killed the game for me.

That’s what we get every time a nemesis appears on console…so we’re already kinda used to it, but it’s annoying as hell with the frequency that it’s now appearing in season with the seasonal theme…

How come? Just get the gear and play the build. Problem fixed.

AS I posted in another thread, I just can’t get the build to work. It does no dmg for me and is ultra, ultra, ultra fragile. It’s like night and day between the god and s6 impale builds with the same paragon, lgem ranks etc.

I’ve had 2 tries with playing the god build and the results have been the same. I had issues with getting the WW rend barb build too - I couldn’t get that to do any dmg and it was also ultra fragile for me. As far as I understand, I’m playing it right, I just can’t get it to perform. s6 impale is night and day better than god for me - there’s not even the slightest of comparison between the 2 builds for me.

1 Like

I’m using 2 builds for current season. UE Multishot for farming T15-16 and GoD for pushing highier GRs and I don’t use the Valla’s Bequest 1h Crossbow in my build at all…

Instead I’m using the Fortress Balista and Dawn and have the Ninth Cirri Satchel cubed. I’m also using Taeguk, Simplicity Strength and Bane of the Stricken legendary gems.

Basically I’m usng this build:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/107913-god-valla-strafe-push-build-2-6-9

…but instead of Valla’s Bequest I use Fortress Balista, Cull the Weak passive instead of Leech and I did 113 GR with less than paragon 1100 (it was 1094 or 1096 I think)…

GoD playstyle is horrible for me as I don’t use any macros, numlock tricks or any other “helpers”, yet I managed to clear my highiest ever GR in D3 RoS this season despite the annoying new season theme effects…

1 Like

See - told ya it was doable (that other thread where I commented to you that 120 was in reach for me NS)! I’ve got a 105 down at 720 para with not all ancients, some weak rolls and gems only at about 80 with one 70 augment.

1 Like

What do you think horrible about the play style? Is it the constant need to turn shadow power/smokescreen on for any toughness, and strafe like crazy? I personally HATE strafe, always have, and when I saw the new set used strafe as a mechanic I knew I’d hate the new set and would suck at it. I wanted a chakram/trap set personally…

Density is poor on consoles (when compared to the PC), so keeping strafe momentum is harder I think.

OK, is it then unreasonable for me to expect to be able to do a GR100 with lgems @ rank 25, no ancients and no augments, @ p800? Cos I can do it with impale s6 no problems at all…

I did a t16 rift before my 2 GR100 attempts and it felt super squishy to me and struggled with dmg. UE MS feels MUCH stronger and tankier to me than the god set build…

I have nowhere near the skills people have described in this thread playing non-GoD builds.

But early in the season, I realized I needed to change my keybinds to play GoD, else I’d develop carpal tunnel, which took me several days to get right.

It made a world of difference, and I’m only using a basic Microsoft mouse now (I ditched my Razer Deathadder years ago because it was annoying).

What made the biggest difference is to change the keybind for Force Stand Still, which when held down constantly, does not stop Strafe.

So I changed the keybinds for both which allowed me to hold them both down constantly and was comfortable.

My primary (Hungering Arrow) both builds stacks for the GoD set and restores Hatred, no mobs required if Force Stand Still is pressed, as is usual. And so I bound it to a key that works for me.

Edited Note: which is the left mouse button for hungering arrow, right mouse button for Strafe, and A for Force Stand Still, S for Vengeance

1 Like

WW rend is one of the tankiest and strongest builds in the game. GoD with Elusive Ring instead of CoE is also quite tanky and still stronger than Shadow Imaple.

Shadow Impale has
Elusive Ring - 60% DR
Vengeance - 50% DR
Stone Gauntlets - about 56% DR
Shadow Power - 35% DR
Aughild - about 40.5% DR against elites only
Total : 96.6% DR against elites, 94.5% DR against normal enemies

GoD with Elusive Ring has
Elusive Ring - 60% DR
Vengeance - 50% DR
Wraps of Clarity - 50% DR
GoD 4p - 60% DR
Total : 96% DR against all enemies

As you can see, GoD can actually get more consistent DR than Shadow Impale and that’s not including Taeguk 20% armor buff and Shadow Power Gloom.

1 Like

I know…as I said, I’m constantly dying. Let me re-check my character to make sure that I have elusive. I haven’t touched it in nearly a week…I just copied the #1 guy on the SC LB’s build…

Lmao strafe like crazy. I wish I could strafe like crazy. I need to CONSTANTLY STOP just to make sure that momentum stacks are always as close to 20 as possible. That’s why it’s a horrible playstyle.

The set should be reworked to this:

• 2-Piece Bonus
    Every 4 second you strafe you gain a Momentum up to a maximum of 20 seconds. Your Primary and Hatred generating skills that are automatically shot when strafing deal 10% increased damage per second of Momentum.​
  • 4-Piece Bonus
    Strafe generates 4 Hatred and Casting it against enemies will automatically shoot up to 2 of your equiped Hatred generating or primary skills, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you gain 8% increased movement speed for each second of Momentum.
  • 6-Piece Bonus
    Your primary and Hatred generating skills deal 10000% more damage

This way, you don’t have to STOP AT ALL while strafing, you just automatically shoot the primary or hatred generating skills you have on your action bar if you decide to try to combo this set with either the “chakram quiver” or the “Elemental Arrow 2h Bow” which both generate Hatred… On top of that Strafe would also generate Hatred which means not only your equipped primary skill that is automatically Shooted while strafing deals 10000 more damage, but also your strafe and chakram or elemental arrow

If you don’t like the idea of Strafe generating Hatred than instead of generating it the resource cost would be reduced by 50 or 60% and added to the 4 pieces set bonus…

This would actually turn this set into a beast and pretty much deserve the GoD abbreviation…

2 Likes

Just allowing the manual cast Primary to fire without breaking strafe would be a full fix, and would probably lead to stacking attack speed.

If only🙄

IMO - yes.

other thread you said your simplicity was zero - that gives you the base 25% damage increase - my 94 gem in season is a 72% increase and if you don’t have it at 25 you miss on the 4% health return…a lvl 25 Simplicity gives you 37.5% (plus the heal)…so yeah, that’s a fairly big difference between a 94 gem and a 25.

My seasonal character had simplicity’s strength at rank 25…I noticed no difference between the performance of the build in seasons and NS - it was just dreadful for me.

I can do a GR100 with similar gear/lgem ranks with s6 impale with no issues and no deaths. I’ve already done a 106 over a week ago with 7 mins to spare, could prolly do a 110 if I applied myself instead of being lazy and disinterested in the game. New builds shouldn’t ruin the game for other builds and shouldn’t mandate that everyone switches to the new build to get the best “performance”. That’s just BAD game design and balancing. All builds should be equal in performance to within a single GR. It’s not rocket science and it’s not hard to do. The game is driven by mathematics and that maths is a pure science and numbers can be easily adjusted to balance things correctly. It ain’t hard, unless you’re grossly incompetent like Blizzard.

LOL…technically that’s exactly what happened with your beloved S6 build when they buffed the 6pc and Karlei’s (and now the extra buff on HPS)…UE was probably the most played build for DH before that and look what happened - the LBs were basically S6 or some form of RF or GTFO (with a few exceptions for super high UE skill guys).

Remember when R6 wall charging was a thing for Barbs until WW/rend got buffed to the moon? Hell even the new barb set got left in the dust (devils…lol get it?). Or how Mundu WD just made DoD builds a thing of the past?

I’m no fanboy, but with the skeleton crew working on D3 you can’t expect them to have every set balanced perfectly all at the same time. Should be happy we even get new sets to play with and the CMs have said there’s a future balancing coming…

1 Like

Let me put this way, my first 100 clear with the set in season or out, hardcore or soft, I had gems ranked at 35 each, I think, could have been 45 each. Leveling each gem 5 times so they would all be the same level after 3 greater rifts as I worked from GR 75 to GR 100.

Basically, your gems make a huge difference as your working toward GR 100, but not so great that they have to be leveled to the same level as the GR your trying.

To put it another way, right now I’m using GoD in Hardcore in Non-season. My gems are Simplicity’s, Teaguk, and Stricken and they’re each leveled to 105. But my top clear so far is 112 at near 1000 paragon.

Squishy? Hardly, the only difference between my NS or Season Softcore and my NS Hardcore is switching out CoE for Elusive.

I also go with a shield over dual wielding because a decent shield will give you just about the same Defense as Ballista but it’s easier to meet the magic breakpoint with Dawn + Shield than trying to do it while dual wielding.

Point is, if your having trouble with GoD’s toughness then I can only assume that there’s a L2P factor and also not trying other things than the cookie cutter builds of Dawn + Ballista, Dawn + Valla’s. And an unwillingness to work with a different ring in the cube.

If I can do it, then other folks can too. I’m far from the best DH, so don’t just assume that it’s all skill.

1 Like

Neat. That’s actually a good idea! Especially for HC. I like that.

1 Like