The next patch should be a balancing patch for DH

Right now, I’m just using a Wall of Man, that I crafted with Dex, Life %, Crit Chance and 10% elite damage reduction.

I still don’t have an ancient Dawn and haven’t even seen one, much less a useable one.

I’ve got a few ancients, including the shield but the gear is nowhere near where I want to be. I may have to force an ancient Dawn through Re-forging but running the bounties necessary for that is a bit off-putting.

I’m well aware of that and as I said, it shouldn’t have happened. I played UE MS for s10 and s11 and only switched to impale midway through s12…

Rubbish. It is not difficult. The game is maths behind the scenes and it’s easy to set a power figure and balance skill,set combinations to meet such power figures. Repeat for each popular build.

Yep, it’s so simple that we keep getting broken builds that are actually OP and get nerfed because the players outthink the math where the devs didn’t. You think the devs factored that N6M4 hybrid would blow N6 out of the water thanks to the RoV buff? It’s so simple that we’ve had 2 of the last three seasons where 4man is clearing 150 with ease simply due to a seasonal theme.

Face it, there will never truly be a balance between all sets across all classes. Someone will always theorycraft an oddball combination that outperforms everything else. You think the devs figured out that it’s quite possible the hardest hitting GoD build would include a crossbow and a less than perfect quiver?

At least with GoD build you have a multitude of options for gearing your weapons and quivers unlike S6 where you can run full 6pc or Aughilds but your weapon and quiver are locked.

I’m still not sure how a new build ruins the game for an old one? No one forces you to play it and your own build got a boost with a new quiver. It’s a game for crying out loud. You not “performing” as well with S6 vs GoD doesn’t mean anything. You don’t lose money. Your significant other won’t leave you. Your kids won’t disown you.

But, hey, we get it, you think Blizzard sucks for continuing to provide new updates for a game that came out 8+ years ago, all of which have been free since the Necro pack, because they’re too stupid to make everyone equal.

2 Likes

if I’m artificially forced to rank a LOT lower than I’d typically do because a build that I dislike outperforms a build that I like, because the game is unbalanced, then yes, I have quite the reason to be ticked off. I get it, you’re not. You’re happy. Well boo hoo, I’m not, and I’m gonna complain about it. If Blizzard doesn’t like that, they know how to shut me up. They’ve done it before, and they’ve also done it to other people who complain too. They simply cannot accept criticism, offer a half baked game that they refuse to fix, despite making the largest profit of any game in the history of computer gaming. But, you’re telling me that I should just accept things as they are. Newflash: not gonna happen.

i had quite a break (i played Season 17 last time i think) and picked up DH for this Season .
Did some Impale and switched to GoD and there’s just no compare: the ability to do insane damage while on the move, 360 degrees and at super speed, it’s just on another league. Impale was decent damage (higher per hit for sure), but limited trashkilling speed. GoD is just like knife through hot butter.

i play my tanky version (non CoE) of typical ballista/dawn/cirri setup, where i use smoke screen vanishing power to get perma elusive buff and i haven’t felt so tanky even when i played condemn sader back in the days). i haven’t really scratched the GR surface yet with my 6min usless pylons 105 clear (and that was with i think 2 augments at around P850). There really nothing this side of tanking arcane beam cores or moltens, that can down me on 100s and i’m dead on the mobs, not even trying to take care.

The game trolls me though with Ancient GoD pieces. i’ve yet to drop or gamble a SINGLE ancient GoD piece. And i’ve gambled a ton. All my ancients have been reforged (a LOT of mats burned) and even these are mediocre. And i pretty much have all other set full ancients, and some even primals, i even got a perfect primal nats slayer (with CDR). I carry pretty decent primal dawn and ancient near-primal (AD/CDR with actual dropped 1000dex) ballista. But not GoD, These just don’t drop. Gotta work all out for these.

GoD have allowed me easy into 100-s, without any tryharding or pylon fishing. I play pretty much all solo (exept bounties). Tried few public rifts, but felt guilty, there was nothing for others to do, after i breezed through. just empty corridors after me.

Same, I cant run weird LoD builds at 140 and it makes me angry…

Or we can realize that there is no way to have every build be top tier.

I ran WW barb when it was being outperformed by every single other barb set. Kept running it since it was my favorite. It was recently buffed into the best build for barb now.

Play for fun.

1 Like

Folks, just stop responding to dp.

The dude assumes because he can’t play a certain way, then everything about the game is stupid and everyone wants to play like he does.

Hell, he even de-railed a thread I made in General Discussion asking for buffs for the class. (Which we got in this patch.) And he whined incessantly, or ranted and raved about how DH’s not doing what other classes can do in High Grifts. (And it should be noted about the “superiority” of console to PC.) Without once answering the question: What kind of buff he wanted?

Now we have a set that can do what other classes can do and he wants to complain that’s not good enough and his preferred set should be buffed to the moon “so he can play the way he wants to.”

It’s simple. If he continues to rant and insult folks because they rightly tell him to “L2P”. Then ignore him.

3 Likes

I admit i havent read all of this, just the parts where the Thread-Opener complains about not having a spot in the Meta. Try Supp-DH, they are always wanted. They give the Grp a x3 Dmg-Multiplier. Dont know if any other supporter can do that.