The New Gears of Dreadlands Set

Due to the awful wording, we don’t know the interaction with strafe/generator yet. Will it fire at strafe’s BP or will it have it’s own cooldown like wizards etched sigil? We don’t know :confused:

We also don’t know if buriza would work with a generator that isn’t shot by your DH since it would be considered a proc, and I don’t think we have a way to test it now before PTR.

Let’s see whether 4pcs bonus is even worth all this raffling. It says

Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill

So, we can’t just strafe around and kill monsters with automatic primay attacks. We need to target something. With the increased speed, we are almost instantly right in the middle of our Bola-pulled group. But without that much toughness it’s probably hard to survive there.

Maybe the target “snapshots” somehow (that would be nice). But it is also possible that we have to use Strafe just for the toughness and escape.

2 Likes

There are lots of heat seeking mechanics in d3 that attack closest monster/breakable.

I expect this is going to play like a whirlwind machine gunner.

1 Like

A 1 button build for t16 that can use sage set.

I’ll play it. I loved LoN Strafe and hated Nats because strafe got cancelled by other abilities.

If it comes with a necklace to use cains set that would be amazing. But can’t expect perfection from blizz anymore.

I hope it is more than this because UE6 MS with numlock is hard to beat for keys and bounties.

I think i have to completely test Hungering Arrow again. Not sure, if something weird happened the last weeks, but i have to correct myself a bit what i posted here:

Once it is updated and save to be shared, i will leave a message.

Just a quick info…

Buriza has 0 effect on the maximum pierces. A naturally shot Hungering Arrow can pierce up to 4 times. WIhtout Buriza and Ninth Quiver equipped.

This means: 5 damage numbers, the initial hit and 4 addional hits is always in any circumstance the absolute maximum.

Quiver has no effect on the maximum possible hits, seems about right, only increases the chance?!.. even there not sure anymore.
Buriza seems to have a tiny ICDs or it is buggy. I won’t be surprised if the skill itself is buggy too.

Oh god, what a mess, i thought i made some clear tests, but it seems there is much more, we can’t see.

Cya later :confused:

Why Buriza when we could use this maybe:

Valla’s Bequest
Strafe projectiles pierce.

1 Like

I just want to see what happens using Evasive Fire. Will you continuously backflip while strafing?

Some weird $h1t coming from this. We gonna love it in its inevitability broken PTR form, then Blizz will fix the fun out of it when it goes live.

And that’s why I only come back to play PTR!:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Nice one, i could like it, even as a joke mechanic :joy:

No one knows the interaction yet. If the auto-fire primaries count as strafe projectiles (does it stack multipliers like M4. If it does, Vallas and Kmar hard to beat), what buffs what, double dipping, things like that.

I expect this to be broken af the first week of PTR, and I can’t wait to enjoy it while it lasts!

my tests dont need the new set. Currently Buriza has no effect on the maximum numbers of pierces.

They really should add Rapid Fire to GoD4 as well. Why not fork the possibilities and double the build combinations? Who cares if LoD already uses RF? Grenades are the obvious win with GoD anyways, so why limit playstyle?

Yeah it only guarantees the first 2 as i recall.

1 Like

I made some small changes to the list.

Sharp Shooter buff stays active for like 2 seconds, so in the first place it felt like it could be snapshotted, but that is not the case.
HOWEVER, i think a timed cold rotation with DA and sharpshooter can be an interesting interaction.
But single out should be enough and would perform way better.

I really thought Buriza was the reason for the 5 pierces and that the general pierce amount is 3… always check your own work i guess. xD

With the new quiver basically guaranteeing 4 pierces = 5 hits, Buriza can be ignored for Hungering Arrow, that’s for sure.

This opens the slot for another weapon slot for my visions.

@dkmt
Now i know it better^^

Wasn’t the damage of HPS increased by both 100% and increased again by x2 by adding 2 additional knives?

Wouldn’t that be bigger than a ~4GR boost to Imaple?

2 additional knives to 1 would be 3, making it a x3 multiplier. But this change isn’t new, it is in game for a while now.

The 100% damage boost will be new, making it 2x stronger.

How would you manage that? Your follower and pet (if you opt for one) will reset sharpshooter, as followers do have innate chc regardless of what you gear them with.

You’d have to stop attacking completely, with no strafe thus no toughness bonus to walk around with in hopes of stacking enough chc from sharpshooter to be worth it, which also risk you losing your momentum stacks. Not sure how this would be worth it.

Why would you want to use RF over strafe with 4pc? Like strafe, it would be dealing no damage at all. Strafe is at least mobile and works along with momentum speed stacks. What would you gain by slotting RF if it worked? I’m so confused lol.

Also, I’m not sure why most believe grenades is the “obvious” choice. Looking at the bonus all around and possible slot combinations, I think the devs did a good job in making sure that Grenades isn’t the obvious choice. Out of the 3 most likely candidates to build around (HA, BS, Grenades), Grenades is the one that has to make some pretty big sacrifices as it can’t slot all of the juicy buffs the others can. This, along with RNG, IMO where it starts to balance out.

It’s wording is still vague, but there is reason to believe it would guarantee max pierce. I’m hoping the idea is for us not to be pigeon holed into using buriza. That would be very nice.

3 Likes

I am really happy that the made a “generator set” without the (obvious) need of Grenades and Hellcat. I am curious how playing the set will feel. Bola could be really fun with the huge crowd control effect.

Another thing that could be interesting is whether we do need Dawn (for toughness?) or whether we can actually use 2 generators (ES for a straight buff, or a Bola-HA combination?). A second (and competetive) build without perma Vengeance would be nice.

But it all depends on how the set bonuses actually work. Right now, we can only speculate …

1 Like

Because it gives a different avenue to explore, and that’s never bad. Especially if GoD4 buffs Primaries like M4 sentries buff Spenders.

I plan on checking in on your stream tonight, actually. There is a broken combo no one is talking about, and it may go something like:

A Bolo DH, a HungerArrow DH, and an EntShot DH all vault together through the door of an Inn, the barkeep looks up and asks, “Table for six?”

1 Like

Yes, that would be awesome! Strafe caps out at 4 fpa, at 3.00 sheet aps. (Though I think hitting this 3.00 mark is only possible with AS in some extra places, like belt, bracer, amulet, or helm. The 5 fpa Strafe you get at 2.50 sheet aps is very doable, though).

Good question about where the aim goes. I guess if dmkt’s speculation about the set just shooting primary projectiles, rather than Strafe projectiles, is correct, they’d just shoot where Strafe shoots now, i.e. at your closest target, yes? Or even if it shoots both Strafe and primary projectiles, that’s probably still true.

I wouldn’t assume no AD proc. There’s all sorts of screwy mechanics in this game that are exceptions to rules. For instance, with Barb, Earthquakes caused by MOTE 4 and Blade of the Tribes “shouldn’t” proc AD, but they do. Same with the chain effect of Bastion’s Revered. It “shouldn’t” proc AD or Bloodshed, but it does. Obviously, we’ll have to wait and see, but my gut reaction is that you will get AD procs.

Lordy, yeah, it is really confusing. In terms of duration, I read it as adding 2 seconds to the total duration with each shot, capping at 10 total, and refreshing all stacks. If it weren’t refreshing all stacks, then what would “a maximum duration of 10 seconds” even mean? Because the maximum duration in that case would be 2 seconds.

But I think that also means the damage bonus must be capped. Because otherwise you could pile up hundreds or even thousands of momentum stacks and just keep refreshing all of them to the 10 second duration. So unfortunately I do think you’re going to get the “dull garbage” of a self-additive 50% damage bonus, multiplicative with other sources. I guess we’ll find out next week!

3 Likes