The New Gears of Dreadlands Set

Okay we got something completely unexpected here:

• New Demon Hunter Set: Gears of Dreadlands
    • 2-Piece Bonus
      • Gain a Momentum stack when attacking with a Primary skill. Each Momentum stack lasts 2 seconds at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per stack of Momentum.
    • 4-Piece Bonus
      • Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While casting Strafe, you move faster per stack of Momentum.
    • 6-Piece Bonus
      • Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage
  • Leonine Bow of Hashir
    • Bolas have a 30% 100% chance on explosion to pull in all enemies within 24 yards, and also deal 100-150% increased damage.
  • Emimei’s Duffel
    • Bolas now explode instantly and deal 150-175% increased damage.
  • The Ninth Cirri Satchel
    • Hungering Arrow has 20-25% is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage.
  • Odyssey’s End
    • Enemies snared by your Entangling Shots take 20-25% 100-150% increased damage from all sources.
  • Hunter’s Wrath
    • Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 45-60% 150-200% increased damage.
  • Holy Point Shot
    • Impale throws 2 additional knives and deals 75-100% increased damage .

Additional Items:

Stone of Jordan

• Added power: All elemental damage bonuses to skills are now equal to your highest elemental bonus to skills.

How do you think the GoD 2pc and 4pc bonus will work?

My Guesses:

2pc: 10 seconds of firing yields 30 momentum stacks @ 3APS, which is 300% or 4x damage.

4pc: you fire a grenade last, when you push strafe, you’ll spin and just shoot grenades (no strafe projectiles or anything).

The combined set damage will be:

404x damage to primary attacks.

Is UE6 better?

Yes, but not for grenades.

The biggest question is surrounding the mechanics of the 2pc and 4pc. For most, people will animation cancel strafe/generator to move around, much like the old N6 RoV days, but it will be significantly better to cast generators on it’s own.

The 2pc is worded sorta strange and has the potential to be not what we expect.

The wording is so weird for 2p, it makes me think it has a 5 stack max. Unless it works multiplicatively, UE just seems better.

I’m curious how we can add Odyssey’s End to some solo build.

Also very curious how Ninth Cirri will work with Devouring Arrow.

Hmmm, that’s not how I interpreted it at all. I interpreted it as 2 sec duration, stacking duration for each stack, so 10 sec duration = 5 stack max? Your interpretation would be way better though. The wording just doesn’t really make sense, we’ll have to wait and see how it works.

I am also wondering if the fire rate for the 4p is scaled to your APS or with the tick rate of Strafe? Strafe has 4x tick rate or something, right? So if it shoots primary skills at the tick rate, that would be awesome. And way better than shooting them yourself.

oddessy’s end can replace dawn for those that don’t mind being glassy. Ninth Cirri will work with devouring the same way buriza currently does. It will be the go to rune by far for HA.

@DMKT and others. If you’re free tonight, stop by my stream. Quite a few of us are going to be hashing this out live.

1 Like

As long as the mechanics work and it’s not bugged it’s a very cool set with distinctive playstyle.

I just hope gem/buff interactions work with both the primary and channeled effects since the set makes Strafe/primary into one skill.

But Buriza has 1-2 pierce. Now it’s 100% chance to pierce, will it continue to pierce infinitely?

Edit: Also just remembered (yes I’m slow) bolas and grenades don’t need a bow allowing it to work with S2 (G6S2?)

No, i doubt that. That would make it the strongest skill in the game. Only the first arrow has the 100% pierce chance. Every arrow after the first pierce will work via normal HA mechanics.

Most of the new sets seem to be taking up the “normal” slots. Helm/chest/pants/boots/shoulders/gloves. If this is the case, G6S2 would not be possible.

1 Like

Assuming they use the regular armor slots, you won’t be able to wear S2 and 6p of the new set. Too much overlap.

You also need a bow to strafe, right?

EDIT: Guess you wouldn’t actually need to Strafe except for DR. But it won’t matter anyway, you won’t be able to combine the sets.

with hellcats waistguard still existing this will just be another grenade strafe build.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. Strafe itself is dealing no damage. The multipliers to both HA and Bola are compelling choices, with Bola now being able to “pull” on command now which solves a big issue we’ve had in terms of being able to utilize AD properly. Grenades also require you to be up close, meaning you’re going to have to sacrifice damage items for more toughness.

Hellcat is still very strong with grenades generator, but it’s no longer miles ahead of others and has an unfavorable RNG mechanic.

Take a look at some of the items again. We’re not restricted to using just 1 generator+strafe. The buff to NCS is huge and only requires one slot, while bolas require 2. Granted you pair this with CoE, I’d use bola ID or VE (fire) and HA DA (cold). Use bola to clear out trash and finish the elites remaining with HA, alternate as necessary based on CoE cycles. Best of both worlds. Remember, dawn isn’t necessary, we don’t need seethe and we have better multipliers to choose from (oddessy, buriza or hybrid bola/NCS are all stronger than dawn offensively).

5 Likes

Hows the strafe skill runes work in to this using the primary skills? Some have elemental weapon damage added.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/class/demon-hunter/active/strafe

If it works like WW/Rend does, the skills runes are independent of eachother. You’ll want elemental damage based off your primary skill.

I am a little bit worried about toughness with the new set. For UE, we got a great (and much needed) buff for toughness with CC3 recently. The new set has the same DR than UE4, but the set is obviously not intended to be used with CC3.

All items around the set buff damage, none of them increase toughness. It seems, that it “should” be used without dawn, so no Dark Heart/Gunes. For the case, that the autocast primary attacks don’t generate hatred, Aquila isn’t an option neither. Vault is also not as useful as in most other sets, so Elusive is not a definite option. Maybe we have to use EW then as main defense together with Wraps of Clarity …

1 Like

A few things I plan to test:

Does hunters wrath increase the auto-fire while strafing effect of GD2?

Does entangling shot still have a 1.0 proc rate while on auto-fire? Will Mirinae make a comeback?

Cluster grenades with strafe grenades and hellcat still seem obvious. I’ll be looking to see what can be harnessed on all elements.

GD6 with Bombsack (incase basic sentry fire gets buffed by the 6pc).

Did the HPS changes make it also work with M4.

Going to be lots of testing.

Elusive with Smoke Screen is still a possibility.

Nice…

I had my PC turned off already, but restarted, because i wasn’t tired enough…i logged into forum just to read and there it is.

PTR ANOUNCEMENT

Thank god Hungering Arrow gets some damage increase. But where is the toughness?

Why can’t they increase WOC bracer’s toughness boost to 60%-70%.

God damn it. xD

Odyssey’s End as a support item? Oh dear lord… i bet, they will change it to a class internal buff. If not, we could see some 3zdps + 1 dps combos all the way up to 150.

And… who on earth wrote these set bonuses?
It hurts my eyes to read the 2pc. :joy:

To the bola bow.
Because it is hard cc, enemies will be immune fairly quick. It is nice for 1-2 pull ins, but that’s it.

Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage. So a 101x multiplier vs UE’s 302x ?

You would need a lot Momentum stacks to make it good.
Is there a cap?
How good does Strafe’s proccs stack Momentum?

Many things unclear, it will be fun to test it.

But i am also happy that the raw UE HA build gets a decent amount of damage. Not enough though… needs like x2 more even if i have guaranteed pierces then.

I know it is quite some time when the PTR starts, but one thing i would like to ask you to request:

Buriza needs the ability to rerolls it’s secondary stat or a 2nd secondary as a fixed addition.

Ya, the lack of CC3+yangs DR is going to hurt… a lot.

I think many people are intending for strafe to do most of the generator shooting. With the 4pc stating that strafes DR last for 5 seconds after strafe stops seems to me that I don’t think we’ll be strafing the entire time. Also the hunters wrath attack speed bonus won’t effect strafe’s BP, therefore it’s more efficient to fire generators on your own while using strafe as mobility. There is still animation cancelling with strafe/generator “weaving” but it’ll still be slower than attacking yourself.

Smoke screen has always been popular with strafe builds, so there’s the outlet for elusive ring. Still though, most builds will be in the “glassy” category from what it seems.

I could be wrong, but im not sure if strafe is going to auto fire generators continuously. Where would the generators aim with strafe? Would it follow our mouse movements? Would it be random?

If it does, generators aren’t fired by you, thus most likely won’t have a proc rate, therefore no AD or hatred regen.

Sentry’s aren’t buffed by the 6pc bonus. Mirinae also won’t make a comeback because the 6pc bonus only buffs primary damage, not proc damage or all damage sources.

They also buffed the hunters wrath belt quite a bit. We’ll just have to see how G2 and G4 truly works.

1 Like

Personally going to be giving a N6/D(G?)4 build a try, depending on skill interactions.

Something along these lines:
https://www.d3planner.com/180649602

UE filling in for new sets, of course.

3 Likes