The New Gears of Dreadlands Set

I will directly start playing my UE variant for it. Super hyped for Hungering Arrow.

I have to prepare myself for dying a lot, sadly no toughness boost on bracers. :frowning:

https://www.d3planner.com/938412366

Would you recommend any changes if you aim for higher dps? (even though toughness suggs^^)

Hello,
Considering giving DH class a try with their new set

The Ninth Cirri Satchel

• Hungering Arrow is guaranteed to pierce

Do the arrows disappear at some point? Seems like otherwise your damage will just keep going up the longer you spam hungering arrow.

1 Like

I am interested ONLY in the Unlimited Hungering Arrow build.

Please break the game! Please dont disappoint!

1 Like

The arrows have a set distance they can travel paired with their chance to pierce. For now, what we don’t know is the satchel’s effect guarantees a pierce for every hit after the first or just the initial.

Given engine issues, I’m inclined to feel it’ll only apply to the first hit. Otherwise, I’m not sure how the game would really like having 8+ HAs from a single DH zig-zagging into a single target.

1 Like

I can almost guarantee you the pierce chain will end on the 4th pierce.

Travel time/distance and numbers of pierces is already limited.

The only thing, the quiver will change, is the percentage for a pierce.
Because it will be guaranteed, you are guaranteed to see the maximum number of 4 everytime now.

If you want to test it before the PTR hits:

Pick Hungering Arrow and use the 2nd rune. 50%
Pick Ninth Quirrel. 25%
Pick Buriza in cube. always 2 pierces (3 hits)

That means, your Hungering Arrow is now guaranteed to see 2 pierces with additional 2 pierces of a chance of 75% each , which in general lets you most likely see 4 pierces always.

The Quiver simply kills that 35% or 50% or 75% chance, it simply guarantees you a Buriza efffect that would give you 4 pierces instead of 2.

That’s why for Hungering Arrow itself, it won’t be necessary to cube or wield a Buriza.

The chance, that the mechanic would somehow change with the upcoming changes is like 0 and it would also be too strong.

The 100% pierce chance itself is super big, combined with these new multiplier on quiver and belt.

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My UnderStanding:
2pc: Only generate momentum Stacks if you use primary skill your self:
Stand: 300% Strafe: 0% alternating : 200%
4pc: Will fire primary skill when strafe. 4 shot for each casting:
Strafe: 300% stand: 0% Alternating: 150%

So the damage will be
1: Only shot and stand : 400%
2: Alternating: 750%
3: Only Strafe (Which is impossible due to hatred) : 400%

I doubt there will be incentive to alternating strafe/primary skill [Strafe,Bolas,Strafe,Bolas,Strafe,Bolas…] – that’s wonky like the Fires of Heaven stutter step and if it yields more 2pc stacks it will see a swift nerf.

My guess is that you’ll have full incentive to hold down the Strafe button, Strafe becomes a generator, you won’t have to worry about resource or wraps of clarity uptime, you’ll only tap a primary skill to change the output of strafe.

I agree it might be a possible outcome. But I don’t like this
Because:
1: Madly boring
2: Chances are odd that the triggered primary skill will have AD
3: If each strafe shoot 4 shot, the damage is too much 1600? If only 1 shot, the damage is 400 weaker than UE.
4. People can cube Echoing Fury, and use the strafe snap shot when it has full furry buff. Blizzard won’t like that play style.
5. In the patch notes, the 4pc is “Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill”. So it seems like strafe only shoot primary skill when it target an enemy. When there is no enemy, it stays as regular strafe. That’s my thought.

1 Like

Thats strange to me, how are you supposed to aim strafe when you move in the direction of your cursor while strafing? I’d assume strafe still targets closest monster to you. And if you’re gaining movement speed from momentum stacks that makes it that much harder to “aim”. Aiming strafe as a mechanic seems too wonky to me.

And look at Barb WW/Rend, “madly boring”, yet its probably the most played class/build right now.

You don’t aim when strafe. Strafe will randomly hit an enemy when there are enemy within it’s range, (It seems like it’s always hitting the closest one, but I am not sure about that). And the direction it hit has nothing to do with the direction that you move.

The damage has to be stronger than UE because those multipliers are going to leave UE6 with builds in the GR115-120 range. If there is an issue with that, they need to increase each weapon’s damage substantially.

I’m expecting the 2pc to end up being like Wojhanni Assaulter… but worth 2000% if this set is going to have any chance of reach GR140. Remember these are 200% damage skills.

Let’s take Grenades vs Rapid Fire as an example:

• God 2pc is to Wojhanni Assaulter (Skill% * 2000% vs Skill % + 3000%)
  • GoD 6pc Set is to LoD/N6 (10,000% vs 14,000%)
  • Hunter’s Wrath is to Sin Seeker’s (1.3 * 200% vs 300%)
  • Hellcat Waistguard is a wash.
  • Rapid Fire (575%) vs. Primary Skill * Odyssey’s End (200% * 150%)
1 Like

I did a brief calculation. If we use the new set and shoot primary/strafe alternate.
Assuming we gain 750 (Actually it should be 800 based on my model) as I posted on the tread.
Single Target:
Pure HA(DV) = 80% of shadow impale

For pack clearing:
It’s obviously more complicated, but I think Pure HA is no worth than UE multishot.

This new set is pretty strong. I see it can be at least 3-5 GR higher than the new shadow impale.

PTR delay tells me they tested some of these posts, and found that were actually fun to play, and they have to take a week to break synergies, and increase the pain of the experience…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

No testing of

until next week.

3 Likes

The Ninth Cirri Satchel

• Hungering Arrow has 20-25% is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage.

The biggest question in my mind is will Hungering Arrow become what Guided Arrow was with Buriza in D2?

I have a bad feeling HA will only pierce ONCE, or have an internal cooldown like pierce once a second… if so, this is DOA. I hope my gut feeling is wrong.

Lots of speculation here… guess we just need to be patient folks.

Personally, my interpretation is that the 4pc will proc the 2pc buff. If we need to tap the primary skill every few seconds, that’s basically just Nats Strafe all over again and a lot of work on this new set for nothing… they could have just tweaked Nats and some damage multipliers.

3 Likes

I’m not sure but I think that the arrow should be pierced once, or must ha ve a limited range.

Did anyone test the theories here?
PTR is on, and it’s easy to get any item you need.

Self cast, pierces 3-4 times but depends on the distance, it could only pierce 1x!.

Strafe cast HA, it pierces at most 2x. Wudi I believe said it only does so 1x.

Kinda SAD that we are not getting the Guided Arrow of D2… hopefully PTR v2 would fix that

Great coverage here by Iria:

1 Like