The New Gears of Dreadlands Set

You don’t aim when strafe. Strafe will randomly hit an enemy when there are enemy within it’s range, (It seems like it’s always hitting the closest one, but I am not sure about that). And the direction it hit has nothing to do with the direction that you move.

The damage has to be stronger than UE because those multipliers are going to leave UE6 with builds in the GR115-120 range. If there is an issue with that, they need to increase each weapon’s damage substantially.

I’m expecting the 2pc to end up being like Wojhanni Assaulter… but worth 2000% if this set is going to have any chance of reach GR140. Remember these are 200% damage skills.

Let’s take Grenades vs Rapid Fire as an example:

• God 2pc is to Wojhanni Assaulter (Skill% * 2000% vs Skill % + 3000%)
  • GoD 6pc Set is to LoD/N6 (10,000% vs 14,000%)
  • Hunter’s Wrath is to Sin Seeker’s (1.3 * 200% vs 300%)
  • Hellcat Waistguard is a wash.
  • Rapid Fire (575%) vs. Primary Skill * Odyssey’s End (200% * 150%)
1 Like

I did a brief calculation. If we use the new set and shoot primary/strafe alternate.
Assuming we gain 750 (Actually it should be 800 based on my model) as I posted on the tread.
Single Target:
Pure HA(DV) = 80% of shadow impale

For pack clearing:
It’s obviously more complicated, but I think Pure HA is no worth than UE multishot.

This new set is pretty strong. I see it can be at least 3-5 GR higher than the new shadow impale.

PTR delay tells me they tested some of these posts, and found that were actually fun to play, and they have to take a week to break synergies, and increase the pain of the experience…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

No testing of

until next week.

3 Likes

The Ninth Cirri Satchel

• Hungering Arrow has 20-25% is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage.

The biggest question in my mind is will Hungering Arrow become what Guided Arrow was with Buriza in D2?

I have a bad feeling HA will only pierce ONCE, or have an internal cooldown like pierce once a second… if so, this is DOA. I hope my gut feeling is wrong.

Lots of speculation here… guess we just need to be patient folks.

Personally, my interpretation is that the 4pc will proc the 2pc buff. If we need to tap the primary skill every few seconds, that’s basically just Nats Strafe all over again and a lot of work on this new set for nothing… they could have just tweaked Nats and some damage multipliers.

3 Likes

I’m not sure but I think that the arrow should be pierced once, or must ha ve a limited range.

Did anyone test the theories here?
PTR is on, and it’s easy to get any item you need.

Self cast, pierces 3-4 times but depends on the distance, it could only pierce 1x!.

Strafe cast HA, it pierces at most 2x. Wudi I believe said it only does so 1x.

Kinda SAD that we are not getting the Guided Arrow of D2… hopefully PTR v2 would fix that

Great coverage here by Iria:

1 Like