The new Firebird Nerf

I trashed my ancient/primal FB a couple years back because I knew it would never be worth a damn. 2 years later I haven’t regretted it.

5 Likes

This is super bad… they need to revert one of the 2 nerfs to the set at least.

6 Likes

What does it help to play the strongest build in a dead class for the sake of it. Then just play what you like more. Wiz needed a build that puts it in the group metas somewhere.

Yeah, too bad anouncing a great season patch on the ptr and then nerfing it too the ground so it is unplayable for anything else than t16 farming. Too bad. I really missed playing wizard, not gonna run rat runs another season. You should hire someone like wudijo. Or any streamer with knowledge of class balancing instead. I would say this is going to be extra important for upcoming d2R and D4 as balancing can make or break a game. Best of luck with the season, looking forward to see what you present for season 24, and pass on this one.

Ugh. They have a great base with the reworked FB. I was hoping we’d get interesting changes but they go and overnerf with nothing different. Disintegrate remains useless on its own.

Very disappointed here.

1 Like

What a completely expected screw-up by the D3 team.

It’s like watching a salesperson continuously talk themselves out of making a sale, but still expecting a commission check…:unamused::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Called it. lol
RIP bird. Hope the nerf crowds are happy now.

5 Likes

I do not get the nerf to the 4000% dmg. The current version on live when an elite mob is ignited gives 4000% dmg so now it is actually in some ways weaker than the current live trash version. Way to go Blizzard. Just another reason to still not play d3. Sad I have owned the game since the beginning and I have only played a total of 807 paragon levels worth of this game and just when things might be somewhat fun they find another reason to encourage people to still not play lol

3 Likes

Serious questions:

• If ZD boys didn’t solo 150 in seasonal PTR, would this nerf have been as severe?

• If a certain someone didn’t drop a YT vid into FB PTR feedback that was saying “FB is the strongest, most OP build to ever be in the game period.” would this nerf have been as severe?

Does Blizz even look at certain factors when nerfing?

And why don’t they start PTR either earlier or extend it when they know they are way off on balance for so many sets? With a few extra days, and another iteration, they could actually get the power levels right.

2 Likes

Even the most seasoned players in the forums were posting that 7500 to 3000 was about what the nerf should be. Hell I would swallow but barely a 100 to 50 stacks nerf on top of it. The final straw for me was the 4000 buff down to 2000. Even the live set NOW has a 4000 buff when fighting elites or bosses.

tbh at this point i think, that the person responsible probably forgot that the reduction of stacks will decrease the damage even further. One of the devs maybe was like “uuh, lets take that 100 stacks and reduce it to 50, it will be much easier to maintain” without even reading the rest of the set once. otherwise i have no explanation for such (insert word here).
The famous blizzard quote “and then we doubled it” comes to my mind… “and then we halved it”

8 Likes

No.

Just think about it… those are the guys who let TR6FB4 go to PTR and told us “oops, we overlooked this unintended interaction” when a braindead blind baboon could figure this out without having to test this… the very same guys who let their brand new Typhon set go live in a state where it was easily outmatched by LoD. You know, these guys who designed Winter Flurry… just for the sake of it. because they want wizards to look like juggling (struggling) clowns. Those guys added three weapons/offhands for Energy Twister and Arcane Orb, knowing full well that this kind of crap only works with a fourth cube slot…

5 Likes

And the firebird raised from the ashes… and then got stomped on. xD
Well atleast they change teleport so hopefully it might not be the worst mobility tool? If the new teleport feels nice then we getting something atleast. But might still be worst class in s23 since no 4th cube slot.

RIP Firebirds. DOA. We are done here.

Is it bad wizards have been abused so badly we expected them to screw this up?

Done with Diablo 3.

3 Likes

Me too. I only test PTR.

It’s been the only “fun” I’ve had since 2012 with this franchise🙄

It needed 5 tiers nerf. FIVE. The nerf is TRIPLE. There has got to be a mistake in the patch notes. This doesn’t even make sense.

3 Likes

The streamers should have shut their mouth about firebird nerf
Now this happens,
This is total garbage, does blizzard even have some one testing and balancing D3

I have a full time job and don’t have time to do these stupid RAT runs like these streamers do all day,was really looking to firebirds, This really sucks

Streamers suggesting a 6 tier to 10 tier nerf. FB got about 14.5 tiers nerf. So i wouldnt say its streamers fault. Everyone knew wizz were overpowered. Ppl did expect it to be top tier but it didnt. The problem is the set has no purpose as we know atm. Other builds are just better. My main issue with wizz isnt that its not top tier in push etc. The main prob is that its not welcome anywhere in any groups. U forced to play solo pretty much and they not great in speed content. Maybe FB will be decent with the new teleport animation or some other wizz build will become faster (like archon). 90% of the season u farm gears or farm paragon and wizz been forced to solo and they always felt clunky.

They needed to nerf ONE of the set bonuses… MAYBE two max, but three? Come on Blizz. I do not get the point of us testing this stuff out. They obviously do not view tests as useful information since they blindfold themselves and throw darts at a board to determine the nerfs.

I hope they see all this feedback and make a change. I think mostly everyone was excited for Wizard to come back into things(again). They killed it last time with trying to bring Hydra back, nerfed LoD into the ground and the Typhon set still isn’t very good overall.

I think people are also missing the fact, that this nerf also kills all of the other Variants for Firebird’s and it pretty much locks in Mirror Images being the only real DPS. So it’s “Channeling” again with Deathwish most likely. Even RGK probably isn’t very strong, maybe doable, but Crusader will crush it.

4 Likes