The ideal Diablo 4 story

Which I never disagreed with. I only disagreed with him being a bigger threat than the lesser evils. In other words, if Inarius is considered a great threat to humanity and Creation, then the Lesser Evils are just as much as a threat. On the other hand, if the Lesser Evils are only enough of a threat to a small town/city, then Inarius is no more of a threat than that.

Lesser evils and minor non demons are causing tremendous havoc, so I believe he would be. He was a threat to creation with the WS, he was a threat to the HH because of his offspring. With proper influence he could still pose a threat to the HH.

Tbf, anyone can be a threat to creation if they had the Worldstone, as shown by Baal’s plan of using it to turn corrupt all of mankind and turn Sanctuary into a permanent outpost of Hell. Also Inarius wasn’t the only one to create the Nephalem, it’s something that can be done by any angel and demon union.

For Inarius to pose enough of a threat to the High Heavens, that they would decide to destroy him and/or Sanctuary, Inarius would literally have to have something that would grant him an untold advantage; an advantage that the High Heavens would have to know about.

An army of nephalem zealots should do the trick.

They would, but I doubt Inarius would attempt to use Nephalem, considering how much he fears them and would rather them destroyed. Not to mention that he would still have to fight against the Burning Hell first before the High Heavens. So there still wouldn’t be an immediate threat to Heaven.

Did I miss something? I thought in D4 we were no longer the all-powerful Nephalem.

Under the assumption he escaped, he would have nothing else to lose. He would also be the leader of som organization under disguise so no one would be aware it is him. He knows he would have only this chance to seek his revenge because he will be killed otherwise.

1 Like

I believe that’s what a lot of folks hope for, but as far as I know of, there’s been no confirmation as to whether our playable characters will be fully awoken Nephalem.

Heaven, and likely Hell, would know even if he were to disguise himself. For the most part, demon and angels haven’t shown disguising capabilities that completely mask them from one another.

Without the WS there’s no way to suppress our natural nephalem powers. Now, enough trainers and heroes may have died since so the numbers may be few, but any human born has the potential.

They were quite unaware before. Besides, they used their fates and are hiding from us piny humans. They wouldn’t really know until it’s too late or the plot says so.

Oh, hiding from humans is easy for either angel or demons (unless said humans are incredibly well trained warriors or mystics). But we’ve yet to see angels or demons able to actually hide from one another (unless I missed something); at least not without the usage of the Worldstone (which even that isn’t absolute).

And we don’t know exactly what powers were enhanced with the WS, but Inarius was on Sanctuary among demons including The PEs and their children who didn’t know.

From weird fan fiction to fans having a nice tea over lore of the franchise. This is why I read the forums. :tea:

2 Likes

It doesn’t really matter anymore what powers of Inarius’s were enhanced by the Worldstone. Because said powers are no longer enhanced, since Uldyssian cut Inarius’s connection to the Worldstone, this made Inarius go instantly back to his original strength, to which Uldyssian noted was less than Tyrael’s.

And again, humans aren’t going to notice angels or demons disguised, unless said beings are incredibly well trained (and I might add capable of sensing angelic and demonic traits). Imperius (not that he would) could take up a human disguise and walk past a couple of humans, and they likely wouldn’t realize. But if he attempted to do so against an angel or demon, they’d likely notice him in an instant.

This is what the forum should be about. Not all the crazy threads from the forum :clown_face:

1 Like

Do we know if any angels were sympathetic to Inarius but decided to remain in the High Heavens? Does he have any friends who are still in Heaven? If he was somehow freed and did something major to benefit the Angiris Council (brings them mephisto’s heard on a platter) would they take him back? Or is he forever cast out with no chance of any redemption?

I choose Tyriel obviously.

There were angels who were sympathetic to Inarius’s disdain for the Eternal Conflict, most of which joined him among the ranks of the rebels who stole the Worldstone with Lilith and the other rebel demons. Most of those angels however were killed by Lilith, with a few of them fleeing back to the High Heavens.

As for any angel who was sympathetic to Inarius himself? No, most of angelkind had saw Inarius’s actions (of stealing the Worldstone and being creating the Nephalems) as being treasonous of the highest order. Funnily enough, the birth of the Nephalem being the worst thing to happen in all of creation would probably be among the few things that most angels and demons would agree upon.

Considering how Tyrael was still treated like crap by most of Heaven, just for being mortal and siding with Sanctury; despite his actions being beneficial to the High Heavens. I’d say that there’s likely nothing Inarius could to do to redeem himself, besides dying and being reborn as a new Archangel, who could have the chance of ridding the stain of treason that their predecessor had left behind for them to bear.

That said, thinking about it now, Beefhammer might be right about Inarius playing a larger role (at least larger than I initially suspected). Since I remember one of the Blizzcon, the developers had said, that Inarius’s jailer was one of the demons who were apparently rampaging across Sanctuary. So assuming that Mephisto hadn’t yet revived during that time, it would mean that Inarius isn’t being guarded (ofc also assuming that a new jailer hadn’t been assigned to him).

Sometimes it takes a crazy/left field take to spark a serious conversation

When the forum :clown_face: is not around the conversations are more productive, because they are not all about him.
I love all this lore stuff, keep it is going. Just stay with the facts, not the crazy stuff. Diablo is a great franchise.

I am ready for the Diablo movie or Netflix series.