The ideal Diablo 4 story

Could also be the light of the room he’s in causing them to look more red. I doubt it’s an image from Lilith. She couldn’t care any less about Inarius anymore. This is more of Blizzard saying, hey remember this guy, you are going to see more of him.

Sure that’s always possible. I’m just thinking we know angels can recover if they are in the HH, and angels can be reborn there.

How could she not care about the guy who wants to kill her children, that is stopping her army plan, the one that put her in the very Void she’s escaping at that moment in the cinematic

Let me go back, she has no clue that he was imprisoned. She was sent to the void before Inarius was handed over. So it can’t be him she’s thinking about him. Just an image of him in prison for information purposes.

It should be possible assuming the following is true:

• The angel(s) in question hasn’t had their connection to the crystal arch cut, and thus rendered powerless.
  • The angel(s) in question hadn’t suffered corruption that prevents them from healing as angels do and/or being reborn/replace within the High Heavens (like Izual).
  • The angel(s) in question have another ally (like Auriel) who can heal them.

Honestly he was given to Mephisto as part of the deal. If Inarius was truly a threat to the High Heavens, then they would’ve judged and had him executed immediately, for Inarius was weaker than each member of the Angiris Council. All in all, I don’t see Inarius being the big bad (as he’s nothing now that he no longer has the Worldstone). As already said, Lilith will be evil, but she won’t be the true boss; instead that’ll be someone else, likely one of the great evils. I don’t see heaven playing much of a role in this, at least not until an expansion.

I wouldn’t be surprise if we were shown Inarius because he sensed Lilith’s return.

How so you know she doesn’t know

She’s in the void

Trang-Oul is also in the void… yet he communicates outside of it

Maybe she’s learned how to do it, maybe he’s informing her, maybe he even turned her

Everything is on the table

You keep saying that what I say is just speculation… status quo is also speculation

He is still an angel. Only one nephalem was stronger than him. He would pose a threat to Sanctuary. The fact he had the world stone and created the Nephalem was enough of a threat to the HH Imperius put our existence to a vote. I mean there are plot holes in every story. Maybe Imperius thought death was an easy way out for all his treachery.

When he had the Worldstone.

After he lost his connection to the Worldstone, Inarius went back to his true strength which is less than the prime evils and the Angiris Council. Sure as an archangel, he’d be stronger than most well trained humans, but for humans who already faced the prime evils (heroes of Diablo 1 and 2), without even having access to their Nephalem potential, Inarius isn’t much of a threat, at least no more than whatever else evil that’s running amok within Sanctuary.

1 Like

Pretty sure those are two different things. The wiki says it’s similar but not the same place. His is more the are in between the realms of existence. Hers is a place of banishment.

90% were wiped out and thinks look pretty bleak for us. Not to mention only some lesser evils and far weaker families of minions are roaming Sanctuary doing a lot of damage. Inarius would be the biggest threat.

I doubt Inarius is above the lesser evils in terms of threat and strength. At most he could be their equal, and that’s assuming that he hadn’t suffered any lasting injuries from his torture. Now if he had the Worldstone, then it’d be a different story.

There may be shards out there somewhere…

Maybe so, in fact I believe that’s a bit of Diablo Immortal’s plot. But that goes back to what I said before, that without the Worldstone, Inarius is barely any more of a threat than anything else roaming on Sanctuary around D4’s time. Heck I’d even say Azmodan with all of his plan telling to the character is more of a threat than Inarius. And that’s assuming that Inarius hadn’t suffered any lasting injuries during his torture and imprisonment. Because if he did, then he’d be even less of a threat.

Of course, merely speculation on my end of things. Maybe Inarius could have some kind of plot and/or assistance that makes him an incredible force to reckon with and a world ending threat.

1 Like

I say he’s on par with lesser evils, if not strength wise, he has wits and a strategic mind. His ability to gain followers to do his bidding.

Extra credit question? Was Mephisto doing the torturing? Or did he have others help? Because for at least 20 of the last 40 years Inarius may not have been tortured.

Maybe he escaped and is secretly running the Church of the Zakarum. I know the ear thing was a nod to D2, but maybe there is something more sinister going on.

Tbf, each of the lesser evils (except maybe Duriel) have shown to possess similar qualities; not to mention they actually have minions as well.

If we’re to look at the lore and what’s been to told to us by the developers, it’s both. Mephisto started the torture on Inarius and then had assigned someone to act as warden continue to torturing Inarius, even after the Dark exile.

Well I can’t deny that possibility.

In the D3 lore it made it sound like he was a very powerful angel who liked to tool out demons even before his rebellion. Was he an adviser to the Angiris Council? I do not understand how a being of light and sound can be tortured. Is he flesh and blood now in the chamber of mirrors? Did Imperius heal after his fight with Diablo, is so could Inarius heal if he was free? Did he have any type of special weapon like El 'druin?

I read somewhere today looking up stuff in Inarius that he’s not as powerful as the Primes, but can go toe to toe with Prime Evils generals. Which are essential tially on par with lesser evils. But that’s just strength. Hes more of a tactician/organizer. Inarius had unique armor.

That one side effect of losing your wings afaik

Oh sure, Inarius was a powerful angel who felled many demons during the Eternal Conflict. But that’s not exactly saying anything. Each of the Lesser evils have also accomplished similar feats of taking out many angels during the Eternal Conflict. Another example would be Izual, who also felled many demons and even repelled the forces of Hell when they were at the Diamond Gate (albeit that was also because the great evils were bickering among themselves at that time), but he still wasn’t a match for the Diablo 2 heroes (and while he didn’t have Azurewrath, he was still augmented by his demonic transformation). Of course, that’s not to say that Izual was a match for Inarius (Inarius was likely stronger).

If Diablo 3 taught us anything, it’s that angels can be corrupted into a more physical form. So that could be a method of torturing Inarius.

Imperius did heal, but that was because he was wounded, not corrupted. If Inarius also wasn’t corrupted, then he too would heal in time whenever (or ifever) he’s been freed.

None that was explicitly mentioned (afaik).

1 Like

This along with Inarius’s being an Archangel shows that Inarius held an important position within the High Heavens. In terms of strength among the High Heavens, Inarius was likely second only to the members of the Angiris Council; whom he served under as an advisor. Although, truthfully it’s unknown how much impact and/or influence Inarius had as an advisor, since for the most part, the Archangel of Wisdom, Malthael served as the leader of the Angiris Council and helped guided the High Heavens throughout the Eternal Conflict.

That’s why I say he’s on par with lesser evils.