The ideal Diablo 4 story

Oh yeah obviously, I’d rather wait to have the best game possible rather than have a rushed game

They game always invest a little ressources in D2R and D3 to maintain their Diablo playerbase while they take their time with Diablo 4

Investing in D2R,D3 and taking their time for D4 sure costs more, but in the end results in more sales because all 3 products offer is improved

100% chance Inarius is or will be freed from his imprisonment. So he will be back on her path.

The Good ole Inarius is no more

His centuries of torture hit him heavily on the mental side

Izual endured far less than what Mephisto forced upon Inarius and look what happened to him

That’s why I thing he’s gonna be welcomed as a hero upon his deliverance but soon people will realize he’s now a vilain

Do you have a source on that, or is this more headcanon? Considering the last bit of anything about Inarius we actually know is that he was turned over to the BH to be imprisoned for eternity.

Izual is/was far weaker than Inarius.

I never said that he would side with Hell… rather he’d go rampage on everything

Inarius is known to be prideful and renouned for his looks

Exactly what Mephisto pinpointed in his torture

What Mephisto did to him is far far more than what Izual had to endure

1 Like

Oh, I fully expect him to be the main bad at some point, possibly of the vanilla story. This enrages Imperius which brings the full might of heaven down on us, which we deal with and destroy the HH and the remaining angels save for maybe Auriel and Ithereal, provided they assist us instead of going on Imperius’s murderous rampage in the first expansion.

This leave an opening for the BH with all the prime and lesser evils back to enslave us for their doing in the second expansion.

But you are missing one key importance in regards to Inarius and the angels in general. They have no physical features. They are made of light and sound. Inarius while he was impersonating the prophet of the Cathedral of Light he took on a form of extreme beauty. As an angel he would not have any “looks” to pinpoint his torture at.

While some of his torture that was described in the Diablo 1 manual may not be possible due to angels being made of light and sound. It’s always possible that they either perform some demonic ritual to corrupt Inarius enough that he’d gain flesh and/or bound him to a physical form, like how they did to Izual, in order to conduct his torture.

1 Like

True, but that shouldn’t impose on his power to shapeshift if you will.

I don’t think it will either, however shapeshifting won’t do much to heal his mental state or damages that his body had sustained during his long imprisonment and torture.

2 Likes

Provided anything altered him. He may have found resolve defying is torturers intent. We really know nothing about what has happened to him.

Except that his wings were torn apart, his eyelids removed, skin peeled with barbed hooks
He was chained in a mirror room to non-stop see his defaced self

Yep we know nothing

And yet his wings are fully attached in the cinematic(they are pure light not sure how they would be torn from his body), and he has no skin.

Official lore has been changed since D1/D2 regarding angels.

Mephisto took Inarius to the Burning Hells. He bound Inarius with tremendous chains and slowly tore the wings from the back of the angel. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out his once glowing skin and his features were distorted by vile powers. Now, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity. This remains true to this day (2014 blizzard)

2 Likes

Better talk to the D4 cinematic team then since his wings are in full glory.

Can you link where we see this

All I can find is a picture of it and can’t tell if it’s from D3 cinematic or D4

It has to be in context too, if it’s a cinematic of when mephisto torture him, his wings might be not yet clipped

Also from this picture I can see they are not blue but reddish orange… they could have regrown but tainted

It’s possible that his wings were kept there to make him more easily identifiable with the community. As the developers may have felt that seeing a chained hooded figure (without wings) wouldn’t had been enough of a clue to let the viewers know that it was Inarius (ofc that could also be remedied by simply telling the community that it was Inarius after the cinematic). Admittedly, when I first saw that trailer, I only knew it was Inarius, because of the wings (he’s the only winged angel that we know of to have actually been chained).

That said, like Beefhammer said, we simply don’t know the full extent of Inarius’s incarceration. All we can do right now is speculate.

Even so, I believe (until further notice at least) that Inarius was forced to gain flesh and then most of the torture that was described in the original Diablo 1 manual was inflicted upon him.

The only thing we do know of is that we’ve never been close to Inarius’s prison, which is no surprise imo since his prison is likely in the capital of Hell, the Realm of Hatred (aka Mephisto’s realm), and we’ve never been there in the previous games.

I can’t link but if you google Inarius Diablo 4 trailer you’ll see the image.

For the image:

Here’s the D4 trailer in which the image came from, you can see it at around 7:56 (it flashes by quick).

2 Likes

Ty. Do we know if angels can regenerate at all outside of the HH? Blizzard’s cinematics have purpose, Inarius wouldn’t be shown if he wasn’t going to play a major part in D4.

There was never a need to go to Inarius’s prison. He was never plot point to begin with. He was give to Mephisto on purpose because of the threat he posed to the HH and his shenanigans with Lilith, so he doesn’t need to be rescued or freed.

He will be free at some point in D4 that is all but clear. Once he is he will pose a threat to everyone. I still believe Lilith is a red herring, Diablo will not be seen before an expansion, and Inarius will be a big bad along with Imperius at some point.

1 Like

Thanks

For all we know, this could be Lilith’s thoughts we see

Maybe she knows he emprisonned by her father but don’t know all he has done to him

It’s the red wings that bugs me, is it a real vision or is Inarius changed

Well prior to that, Mephisto didn’t know that Angel and Demons could interbreed, that there is a compatibility somewhere

Maybe instead of creating something new from that compatibility he managed to alter it