The ideal Diablo 4 story

Well a big portion of people did not like the story of D3. They just said it’s :poop: and left, I would not call that feedback. Blizz didn’t changed any element of the story for these people. We can’t give feedback on something we don’t know about, and is not a subject to change. If they wanted us to give feedback on the story, they would’ve revealed it to us. So no, the story is not something they need feedback about

Yeah POe does this a lot, several QOL and skill reworks have been suggestion of mine when I was an alpha tester

Feedback costs nothing

When you discard everything you also discard the good ideas, better just encourage feedback and filter it

Anyway, it’s not like community can match Diablo3 level of bad writing haha

I also would hope for Diablo to go back to the Diablo 1&2 vibe of “monsters don’t exist they are a urban legend” but Diablo 3 made their existence mainstream, it’s hard to erase that without taking drastic routes

Also about Lilith, if they haven’t confirmed she’s the enemy, I wouldn’t write her as so

She has always been on the side of humanity

Burning hells wants to lay sanctuary a waste

High heavens want to eradicate humanity

She might be the good guy and they are purposefully misleading us to think she’s the bad guy

Lilith’s only on the side of humanity due to humans being of use to her. And humanity’s usefulness to her is their Nephalem potential as well as her desire to weaponize it in a plot to defeat the High Heavens and Burning Hells and finally end the Eternal Conflict. Once that objective’s been met, she’ll likely discard Humanity as she’d have no further use of them.

With that said, I don’t believe that Lilith is the true end boss of the game, as others have said, her presence is likely to draw our character’s attention away from the true threat.

What about adding that Nephalem is an amnesiac also have split personalities that they describe as an evil twin at times of struggle or time shifts too? It reveals that Maghda never killed Cain, the falling star already did it and we were talking to no one but Farnham all that time. I know I have top tier writing skills, Blizzard pliz hire me. /sarcasm

Sarcasm indeed, but honestly Cain surviving being blasted down the Cathedral by the Fallen Star/Tyrael raises some serious questions imo.

Cain was Horadrim. Perhaps we can let that slide and just claim he was able to wield some magic or other to keep him alive.

This is an interesting question. Does a demon mother have any love for her young? We typically think that way as humans, but we’re also a really unusual species. We’re communal, social, and rely on parents to raise our children because they take so darn long to mature relative to every other species on the planet. This is the evolutionary cost of these brains we have. We care about our young because either we do that, or we waste a huge amount of time, resources, and effort on a generation that doesn’t make it. But demons don’t have that mindset, or could they?

Demons are evil by nature. More specifically, they’re chaotic (vs order) and self-serving (vs serving others). Those are part of the essential dichotomy of good vs evil that plays out with the Angels and Demons.

So, do we think about Lilith as a mother human or more like, perhaps, a mother spider? The mother spider births new spiders because that’s what it does. It doesn’t guard them or care for them once they hatch. It’s imperative is to make new generations. So, would Lilith look at humans as demon spawn, as baby spiders? Birth them, then cut them loose to wreak havoc. If they die, they die. The bird that ate them didn’t eat her.

But, demons are also clever. Maybe she finds the humans useful. After all, her goal is to end the Eternal Conflict because she’s just bored of the whole thing. Would she use Humanity in some way to do that? And if so, does she really care about the endgame? Does she care about what the world looks like after the war’s over? Does she care if demons win or angels do? Or would she want humans around just to make both the angels and demons mad, arguing that good and evil can indeed exist in the same being and not destroy it?

And of course Inarius might be having his own identity crisis if he’s still in the picture. He’s the angel that sired “demon spawn.” His generation has evil in it. Does he seek for them to repress it? Does he hate them and cut them off if they express their evil side? Does he become somewhat of a Jesus figure who tries to emulate “good” behavior in hopes of saving humanity, knowing that they can never fully meet that standard, but still loving them and hoping for them regardless? Angels aren’t self-serving. They always serve others. He’s the ultimate “provider” of a father figure, no? And if so, when does he step into the “tough love” role vs this “provider” and forgiver role?

Enough speculating for one post, I think =)

2 Likes

It’s not impossible. Cain certainly knows some Horadric arts (as that’s what allowed him to restore Tyrael’s sword). However, it’d been nice at least that he had at least mentioned that he had some sort of Horadric art barrier around himself that allowed him to survive the impact of the Falling Star. They could go a tad further and establish that the technique can only be used once in a while, to also explain why Cain didn’t use the magic again to protect himself against Leoric’s ghost and skeletal minions, or why he didn’t use it again to protect himself from Magdha.

Honestly, it’s truly hard to say considering that we don’t know of too many named demon mothers. But if their love is akin to some of the demon fathers that we know of, then I’d say probably not; at least not the familial type of love that you’d expect from humans. I’m sure there’s some twisted sense of affection that hinges with manipulation, admiration, fear, hate, possessive, and/or obsession. However that same affection is merely limited to whether the object of their affection is of any use and/or obedient. If not, then I’m certain that they wouldn’t hesitate discarding it.

Now as far as Lilith is concerned, based on what I’ve seen and read thus far that pertains to her. She doesn’t have that familial love for Nephalems/Humans. Instead she sees them as useful tools that she can use for her plot of ending the Eternal Conflict. After all, ending the Eternal Conflict had always been the goal, even before the Nephalem were born. Hence a reason as to why she gave Inarius children in the first place. Now some may argue that the fact that Lilith went on a rampage and killed most of her fellow renegades, in order to prevent the Nephalems from being eradicated, proves that she did so out of familial love. However, I’d argue that she simply did so to not only prevent her beloved “children” from perishing, but also to ensure that the only one who could utilize them to their fullest potential would be her.

After all, not only was there supposed to a be a period of recollection (which meant that there was no immediate threat to the Nephalem), but also there were other renegade members who wanted their Nephalem children to be spared. Lilith could’ve gathered them together and attempt to convince the other renegades that the Nephalem should be spared. Instead Lilith simply killed any renegade she could find without discrimination.

Now some may say that was because of Lilith’s maternal instinct overriding her voice of reason, and thus showing that she has some form of familial love for the Nephalem. And admittedly, I can’t completely disregard that, however I don’t believe that’s the case, due to the fact that we know that part of the reason Lilith killed nearly all of the renegades was because she knew that doing so would mean that Inarius would be forced to spare the Nephalem, or risk being alone in Sanctuary, which she knew he wouldn’t want. In short, it was done within a calculative scheme that befits a member of Mephisto’s family.

All in all, this is speculation (like a lot of my posts when it comes to lore), however if it does turn out that Lilith does indeed act on some familial love for Humanity, that extends far beyond that of usefulness, I doubt there could be anything else Diablo 4 could show story-wise that would surprise me as much.

1 Like

I think D4 really needs to preserve the demonic archetype. The D3 devs played in their story with trying to make “good” demons and “bad” angels, and it doesn’t fit. The moment you break those archetypes, you break the barrier that separates them from humans, which have elements of both. We have a choice. Their behavior is in their nature. Put another way, it is their fate.

Lilith could show what might appear to be love by being loyal to her creations at times and defending them. But, this needs to be kept within the context of her seeing them as useful to advancing her goal. A craftsman takes care of his tools so that they serve him well when he needs them. This would make it look like she’s being protective, even nurturing to humanity. It could even be misconstrued as mothering. But ultimately, its behavior that’s just analogous to a craftsman sharpening his tools, keeping the joints well oiled, and protecting them from rust. And she shouldn’t hesitate to abuse that misconception as well, again, since it serves her to do it.

Also, as the daughter of Hate, I’m rather hoping to see some fieriness in her personality, maybe even directed at demons perpetuating the war.

In any case, it’s fun to speculate a little. Maybe the D4 writers will read it and find something useful.

3 Likes

I like your analogy of a craftsman maintaining his tools. I think that applies quite well with Lilith. In fact, I think Lilith may even take advantage of the world being in the turmoil state that it’s in, by having it grow worse in order to better increase the chance of humans awakening into their Nephalem heritage and further increase their powers. Those who fail to awaken and/or improve their abilities enough will be left to die, while those who do succeed will be enlisted or slain.

Indeed, there’s great joy in speculation.

1 Like

I want to play as a demon and kill humans/angel.

They should make demon classes. Like let me play as Duriel or Ghom and just lay waste to all hope and dreams and let me look upon the puny humans crying and begging.

An Andariel or Queen Araneae class would be cool too. Maybe a King Leoric and Blood Raven.

:sweat_smile: black-friday-sales.

I wondering if she does holds up diablos head?

• before summon him?
  • after deafeating him?
  • not diablos head?

Maybe she likes Hozier and will ,bring him (diablo) to church’’ …
or
the church will bring him to us.

Edit:
After d3 happening there is an unbalance.

• humans 9/10 are dead
  • demons (all greater and lesser evils defeated + their slaves)
  • angels (most of the powerfull angels survived).

I don’t like the idea to think that Rathma want to bring back his mother and go hand in hand with her. But regarding the dysbalance … could be a point for the Rathma theory.

But i still doubt it is Rathma in the trailer.
I rather assume that the person is still unknown/new to us. And that Lilith will betray us like she did before.

Just that angels are not much better (with few exceptions). Would love to see Tyrael fallen and beeing on the dark side. Maybe he should slam a piece of the broken black soulstone in his body before, not only for nostalgic reasons …

My last hope is on:
Trag’Oul
Zoltun Kulle
ancients nephs like Bul, Fiacla, Rathma,
Inarius
Lilith
Izual
Tyrael

Can’t w8 4 release. I hope they can/will deliver what they promise. Deep dark

I like how you think.

Nah a class would be power fantasy and it would be boring

This is the closest you’ll get to this dream of yours

She did it multiple times already but always had Inarius on her path, now he’s not

I am glad that OP isn’t working with the D4 story team. It is terrible.

3 Likes

Over 2 years to make a game that was started 6 years ago is nothing to be proud about.

What do you mean by that

I assume English isn’t your first language so please can you elaborate on what your phrase means

He’s pretty much talking about Diablo 4 and saying that taking over 2 years to finish it (since it’s unveiling) is nothing to be proud of; in short he would like the game to be released asap.

Very few games that could be considered good are completed in 2 years.

It’s why I’m more than willing to wait for Diablo 4, if the time actually helps with it’s development.

1 Like

If you can’t read my sentence then that’s on you.