The ideal Diablo 4 story

I think D4 really needs to preserve the demonic archetype. The D3 devs played in their story with trying to make “good” demons and “bad” angels, and it doesn’t fit. The moment you break those archetypes, you break the barrier that separates them from humans, which have elements of both. We have a choice. Their behavior is in their nature. Put another way, it is their fate.

Lilith could show what might appear to be love by being loyal to her creations at times and defending them. But, this needs to be kept within the context of her seeing them as useful to advancing her goal. A craftsman takes care of his tools so that they serve him well when he needs them. This would make it look like she’s being protective, even nurturing to humanity. It could even be misconstrued as mothering. But ultimately, its behavior that’s just analogous to a craftsman sharpening his tools, keeping the joints well oiled, and protecting them from rust. And she shouldn’t hesitate to abuse that misconception as well, again, since it serves her to do it.

Also, as the daughter of Hate, I’m rather hoping to see some fieriness in her personality, maybe even directed at demons perpetuating the war.

In any case, it’s fun to speculate a little. Maybe the D4 writers will read it and find something useful.

3 Likes

I like your analogy of a craftsman maintaining his tools. I think that applies quite well with Lilith. In fact, I think Lilith may even take advantage of the world being in the turmoil state that it’s in, by having it grow worse in order to better increase the chance of humans awakening into their Nephalem heritage and further increase their powers. Those who fail to awaken and/or improve their abilities enough will be left to die, while those who do succeed will be enlisted or slain.

Indeed, there’s great joy in speculation.

1 Like

I want to play as a demon and kill humans/angel.

They should make demon classes. Like let me play as Duriel or Ghom and just lay waste to all hope and dreams and let me look upon the puny humans crying and begging.

An Andariel or Queen Araneae class would be cool too. Maybe a King Leoric and Blood Raven.

:sweat_smile: black-friday-sales.

I wondering if she does holds up diablos head?

• before summon him?
  • after deafeating him?
  • not diablos head?

Maybe she likes Hozier and will ,bring him (diablo) to church’’ …
or
the church will bring him to us.

Edit:
After d3 happening there is an unbalance.

• humans 9/10 are dead
  • demons (all greater and lesser evils defeated + their slaves)
  • angels (most of the powerfull angels survived).

I don’t like the idea to think that Rathma want to bring back his mother and go hand in hand with her. But regarding the dysbalance … could be a point for the Rathma theory.

But i still doubt it is Rathma in the trailer.
I rather assume that the person is still unknown/new to us. And that Lilith will betray us like she did before.

Just that angels are not much better (with few exceptions). Would love to see Tyrael fallen and beeing on the dark side. Maybe he should slam a piece of the broken black soulstone in his body before, not only for nostalgic reasons …

My last hope is on:
Trag’Oul
Zoltun Kulle
ancients nephs like Bul, Fiacla, Rathma,
Inarius
Lilith
Izual
Tyrael

Can’t w8 4 release. I hope they can/will deliver what they promise. Deep dark

I like how you think.

Nah a class would be power fantasy and it would be boring

This is the closest you’ll get to this dream of yours

She did it multiple times already but always had Inarius on her path, now he’s not

I am glad that OP isn’t working with the D4 story team. It is terrible.

3 Likes

Over 2 years to make a game that was started 6 years ago is nothing to be proud about.

What do you mean by that

I assume English isn’t your first language so please can you elaborate on what your phrase means

He’s pretty much talking about Diablo 4 and saying that taking over 2 years to finish it (since it’s unveiling) is nothing to be proud of; in short he would like the game to be released asap.

Very few games that could be considered good are completed in 2 years.

It’s why I’m more than willing to wait for Diablo 4, if the time actually helps with it’s development.

1 Like

If you can’t read my sentence then that’s on you.

Oh yeah obviously, I’d rather wait to have the best game possible rather than have a rushed game

They game always invest a little ressources in D2R and D3 to maintain their Diablo playerbase while they take their time with Diablo 4

Investing in D2R,D3 and taking their time for D4 sure costs more, but in the end results in more sales because all 3 products offer is improved

100% chance Inarius is or will be freed from his imprisonment. So he will be back on her path.

The Good ole Inarius is no more

His centuries of torture hit him heavily on the mental side

Izual endured far less than what Mephisto forced upon Inarius and look what happened to him

That’s why I thing he’s gonna be welcomed as a hero upon his deliverance but soon people will realize he’s now a vilain

Do you have a source on that, or is this more headcanon? Considering the last bit of anything about Inarius we actually know is that he was turned over to the BH to be imprisoned for eternity.

Izual is/was far weaker than Inarius.

I never said that he would side with Hell… rather he’d go rampage on everything

Inarius is known to be prideful and renouned for his looks

Exactly what Mephisto pinpointed in his torture

What Mephisto did to him is far far more than what Izual had to endure

1 Like

Oh, I fully expect him to be the main bad at some point, possibly of the vanilla story. This enrages Imperius which brings the full might of heaven down on us, which we deal with and destroy the HH and the remaining angels save for maybe Auriel and Ithereal, provided they assist us instead of going on Imperius’s murderous rampage in the first expansion.

This leave an opening for the BH with all the prime and lesser evils back to enslave us for their doing in the second expansion.

But you are missing one key importance in regards to Inarius and the angels in general. They have no physical features. They are made of light and sound. Inarius while he was impersonating the prophet of the Cathedral of Light he took on a form of extreme beauty. As an angel he would not have any “looks” to pinpoint his torture at.

While some of his torture that was described in the Diablo 1 manual may not be possible due to angels being made of light and sound. It’s always possible that they either perform some demonic ritual to corrupt Inarius enough that he’d gain flesh and/or bound him to a physical form, like how they did to Izual, in order to conduct his torture.

1 Like