The Fun Police are undefeated

One of the reasons some held on to D2 is because it’s a very different experience to D3. Similiarly, D4 will be a very different experience to D3. While the shine of something new will always attract a crowd, there will be those that prefer D3 over D4.

Sadly this is so true.

3 Likes

As I recall, people could barely finish act 2 on inferno when I started…

Funny you forgot to mention about the a$$holes who cried about Shard of Hate (a weapon specialy designed for the community by Blizz) being too OP, cause barbs could clear GR 60 with it, while others were still stuck on GR 20-30…
Guess what happened with it, it got nerfed to oblivion and now it’s INSTA SALVAGE…
Same when followers were able to use legendary gems and oh the horror players could suddenly clear a 80 GR or even a 100 GR with them…
Yeah right keep telling to yourself how the Fun Police never won, when they win EVERY SINGLE season blocking the possibility for anyone with a LIFE outside of the game who can’t spend even 4-6h a day not to mention over 10h a day playing the game, cause you know they have real life responsibilities like work, family, school, to even clear a 130 or 140 GR not to mention about 150 GR which will be a distant dream for all of these people, unless by some miracle it will be possible to clear a 140-150 GR SOLO on the upcoming season with less than 1500 paragon, cause the 800 paragon mentioned by that famous streamer is just BS…

Every single season for years already METAs have been doing 150 GR in 2-4 minutes after 2-3 months in season, by abusing season themes and using T-Hud or other 3rd party programs to make the game easier for them, yet they still have the nerve to ask for nerfs, just like the forum warriors who barely even play the game yet think they know better…

7 Likes

25mins a day is definitely casual. Not sure what point you’re getting to.

Did you know insurance companies won’t cover computer monitors that were intentionally sprayed with OFF because you panicked at a swarm of mosquitos? Who knew bug bites could drop a healthy nephalem in 1 hit.

1 Like

My point was that, in a six month long season, reaching 1K paragon can be done with less than 25 minutes of play per day and that is extremely casual friendly. With the extra power available from Altar bonuses in Season 28, that should be even easier / quicker.

Ok so you were replying to the other guy, gotcha.

Wasn’t the point that reaching 1k paragon was indeed casual. Whereas reaching 3k was not. Seems like you are arguing about something you agree on :slight_smile:

Anyway, while 25 minutes per day might seem fairly casual, I am not sure that playing every single day, for 6 months (which also is longer than seasons last in D3…) can be considered casual in any way.

2 Likes

It’s an average of 25 minutes per day, i.e. 175 minutes a week.
Is two sessions of an hour and a half a week not considered pretty casual?

Season 27 started in August 2022, and is ending today. That’s six months.

Have to agree. Unless its based on an average like MB said above.

In my case, I often get maybe an hour or two in tops in a week. And that’s maybe based on playing one or two days that week.

Some days I might play longer, often at the season start or near the end.

But its mostly to do something to unwind sort of thing.

I feel if you are playing only a day or 3 a week and less than 5 hours a week, you are probably casual more than you think. Now if you play every single day and are putting in 20 or more hours in a week, probably not a casual. Then you have those that put in 5-12 hours A DAY and have nothing better to do than play the game. Those people certainly aren’t casual.

1 Like

This is the best example of the real problem with D3. Sets/items dictate what skills you use. There is no choice IF you want to perform effectively. BAD GAME DESIGN.
This is subjective of course and it will not change since they have stated that is their vision of the game… who cares about the player base of your game?

4 Likes

Funny, I don’t see an easy way to fix the problem.

You setup all gearing and skills the same with the same end result, meaning you can actually build anything and as long as you follow the same basic structure all of them do the same damage, which means that the only differences are color and style, or you end up with a few skills and builds each class that are going to be the most powerful combinations.

Nearly every RPG style game has this problem. You will always have that one weapon, one set, one skill choice that just obliterates the rest.

You nerf one, something else will be found. Fix that, something else will be found. Buff an under performing one, now its the one to have. Etc etc.

There is NO easy solution to the problem.

You either make them all identical at top level and boring, or you force a hunt for the best build combo and it becomes the top choice.

That’s it.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

I fall somewhere in that range. And to me that’s somewhere between “casual” and “no lifer” (I don’t like either of those descriptions but use them for lack of a better term). I call that category a “dedicated casual”. Basically it means, if a specific player has a lot of fun with a season they put a little more “effort” into a season and the hours of play seem less onerous.

I do not agree. Your point of view is derived from the gaming culture enforced by the content creators/streamers. The meta of faster/best/most efficient. Many players do not subscribe to this mentality.
IF every build in D3 was 1-5 GRS of each other, then players would start playing the playstyle they prefer. Some do this already, like myself. I play Crusader because I enjoy it not because it’s the strongest. I did not play LoD WoL (27) since I do not like the playstyle and it was insanely OP/broken.
My point is, some builds struggle in T16 some builds destroy GR 150. The gap is far to great to inspire choice.

You are correct there. It will not be easy nor do the devs have any interest in performing it.
Therefore, I enjoy the game for what it is but I do have aspirations that maybe one day it might change… Diablo 3 Reinvented!!!

4 Likes

The issue is that you’re put time as parameter to be a casual. While someone can play 5 hours per day, that person won’t put the same effort/skill as someone that is considere a “pro” playing 25min.

Ex. My 7yo nephew and I. He can play all a game the whole week, while I play 2/3 hours in the weekend… yet I can cover more ground and advance more.

Ok, is a bit far’fetched comparision… but… Imagine a Youtuber that plays 10hours per day and Casual doing the same thing per day 25min only. The Youtuber has the skill and knowlegde as an upperhand.

2 Likes

Casual does not define your ability or your knowledge of how to be efficient.
The title of casual is based on the amount of time you play.
The title of noob would be based on someones knowledge of the game.
The title of lazy could be based of someones willingness to put effort into the game.

A person can be one or more of these and that is generally the case but not always.

3 Likes

Idk man i wouldnt call you casual as you have played this season close to 800h and 4.6k para, have a zbarb, wizz tk, nec bk, and have played both sc and hc this season alone all.

1 Like

I did not label myself anything, and it was not my intent to lead anyone to believe that I am a casual. I try to avoid the entire labeling idea. I rather focus on different mentalities of gamers in general. Every person is different therefore every gamer is different but there are similarities in all.

Thank you Chris, you inspired me. Since people have this idea of casual vs. pro, then what would I be labeled?
I can’t be called casual since I put the time in.
I can’t be called pro since I did not push 150 solo or play efficently - no LoD WoL solo speeds.
I have the knowledge of the game. Hard to argue 4.6k paragon is lazy?
This perfectly points out that these “labels” are useless. They only really matter when you decide to partake in that mindset. The only reason I play a game is for enjoyment.

2 Likes

As I can see you’re just labeling people, calling names and being toxic. And not making a representation of behavioral groups (casuals, non-causuals, pro… etc etc ect)

That was the discussion you were having with MB. I decided to give you the correct labels since you did not use them correctly. And I did not label anyone I simple defined the labels.

1 Like