The Fun Police are undefeated

Alright yeah so some had an issue with the entire thing being utilized by a potion since it’s originally for healing but that’s strange to me, like when a skill is overpowered then you also push a hot button to “I win” too right? What’s the difference here, it’s another button with a 30 second cooldown.

Okay it’s suppose to be just for healing, but when you don’t heal it’s a dead mechanic so why not utilize it in a theme? I think the idea is pretty cool actually…much better than some weird horn sound and something just magically appearing!

6 Likes

That was my argument too.

Great minds and all that jazz…lol

But yes, it’s exactly like if the devs removed the potion button, turned into a 7th skill slot and you slot some amazing new skill in that slot.

You get it.

4 Likes

I think they nerfed it a smidge too much, but it was certain the conduit portion had to go. I’d be ok with a regular full-length power pylon instead of the half-length we’re getting.

It’s still going to be a super strong season though. You didn’t even need the OP potion power for that. Should be fun if you like to play non-meta builds.

Yup. Your detector seem to be working.

1 Like

That’s why I’m not getting D4 nor any other Actibliz games, cause they’ll always side with “cheaters” (METAS using T-HUD, botters, season theme abusers) who will do anything just to get a chance of getting invited to any closed BETAs and blindly agree to any dumb decission Blizz ever comes up

They’re also the ones who always, each season for years have been ruining the game, cause some build was making the game too EASY for them (remember the “lamentation” belt drama where oh dear Gawd a 10,000 paragon player cleared 143 GR using it). After getting their a$$es lvled in Rat Runs and META to 5000-8000 paragon and than once they get into TOP 10 on the Nolifeboards they cry for nerfs, cause the build they used is TOO OP…
This is the kind of people Blizz devs listen too, so yeah if anyone still insterested than you better get ready for cr4p like this in D4 too, cause they’ll do anything they can, so you don’t have “too much FUN, cause I guess it’s against Blizz rules…”

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if D4 sales would reach similar numbers to D3 or maybe even surpass it on launch or first week and if it happens there will always be that one guy who will come to forum with his: D4 was the best selling game with over 75 or 150 millions copies sold argument repeated for years even when the game is played by less than 1% of that “sales record”…

I’ll still play S28, try to complete season journey as always, but if it’ll become too hard to even clear a 130 or 135 GR SOLO I’ll stop, cause unlike all the “oh so you want a participation trophy, you want everything for free, you want an I win button” crowd, I’m not getting my a$$ leveled in Rat Runs when season starts or gain THOUSANDS of paragon from META runs, but bust my a$$ completely SOLO playing for hours (4-6h, not a BOT to play more and I have a real life) not relying on zDPS, to buff me up, pull mobs for me or keep me safe…

14 Likes

I saw this coming since the first time we argued about it.

here’s of video of that.

and here’s one for that.

It’s so far from any other season it’s not even funny. As far as power goes. it’s a combination of multiple seasons (double bounties, triune circles etc.) all the extra damage% and a crapton of extra XP on top of it.

it’s time to stop being a drama queen , you were wrong and we were right and we told you this would happen. It how this game works.

If you’re still unhappy , mod the game on console and one shot 150s.

8 Likes

Given that the game has been killed anyway, what harm would it have done to leave it, but yes I was expecting the nerf just like all the seasons before.
Just to be clear, the fishing for conduit potion buffs would have still been required, I played PTR and it wasn’t as common as everyone is making out.
When you got it, it obviously made all the difference, but nobody was complaining about the fortune shrine were they? I have to wonder who seriously complains about this??
Either way it’s done and again some chance of fun removed so another 5 or 6 week season and then back to something else. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

This is legit the only gripe i have. It would not have been hard at all to add the fists of heaven angelic power they made to another existing item as a legendary power. It would have made sense too since they made a point of buffing the new sets, this would have made AoV very fun without being broken.
The sad part is that i’m sure they’re going to eventually make it so but not many are still going to be around to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Yes and yes. Basically every build will be getting more of a buff in S28 than WoL Monk got in S27.

Every set in the game (even godawful ones like Pestilence Necro and GoD DH) ought to be able to hit GR150 by 5k paragon, and most will do it much lower. Some of the strongest builds, like Tal, Trag, and Raekor will be able to do it under 1k paragon, though actually keeping your paragon under 1k while clearing that high is very difficult.

1 Like

“Some of the strongest builds, like Tal, Trag, and Raekor will be able to do it under 1k paragon, though actually keeping your paragon under 1k while clearing that high is very difficult.”

Total rubbish. If the pylons had been left as is then yes but not that they have now been removed.

1 Like

If you don’t think that adding a giant heap of power to a build that can already clear 150 at 3k paragon is going to result in extremely low paragon 150 clears…

:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

There has been this season a Raekor solo 150 at 2.2k paragon and a Trag’Oul at 1.9k
Honestly I think it will not be unheard of if one of the higher skilled players made a point of clearing 150 with one of these or Tal’Rasha while using only 800 para points. I expect to see a video of this later down the line.

2 Likes

If a top 0.1% player can clear sub 1000 paragon then that doesn’t really say much about the remaining 99.9% of players though.

4 Likes
1 Like

Highly doubtful that a “giant heap of power” is going to take 3k gon down to 800 gons lol. I want some of what you’ve been smoking :smile:

Besides that, the “giant heap of power” of removed in the final patch notes and now we only have some extra power.

No, but since there’s a huge XP buff it will easier than ever to get higher paragon and compensate for the difference in skill. I’d argue it’s impossible to be less than 1-1.5k paragon by the time you get the full altar and fully augmented gear.

there’s actually Giant heaps of power, arguably the most there’s ever been. But there’s no hand outs, as it should be.

Go play the game as intended, farm your gear, unlock the altar, farm ancients , farm petrified screams, augment your gear and you’ll reach the highest GR you ever did while playing this game.
No rat runs, no meta runs, no bots not huds no nothing they are not required.
If you hit a wall, contrary to popular belief, the forums can be helpful if you ask.

But I WIN buttons will never have a place in this game.

5 Likes

Well S28 hype died pretty fast. Hmm correction there was never a S28 hype. Knew there would kill the fun.

7 Likes

Rage calculated the altar buffs provide as much as 15 to 20 tiers of power. Builds that can do a 130 at 800p would then have the capacity to do 150 in great conditions.

But no one needs to say anything. This is going to be apparent a couple days after season start.

3 Likes

so not playing the game is fun. got it.
Also i’d argue there’s the most hype its ever been for D3. GOING OUT WITH A BANG BOYS

3 Likes